Here’s a delicious collection of the best keto chicken recipes, all cooked and seasoned to perfection. Never dry, never bland. Chicken. You’ve never been so happy it’s what’s for dinner.
Chicken, and Eating Keto
Chicken is the perfect protein for those eating keto (or low carb, or paleo!). It contains zero carbs, loads of protein, and varying amounts of fat depending on the cut.
33+ Best Keto Chicken Recipes
Every time I work on a recipe featuring chicken, I know I want juicy, flavorful results that I can rely on. Everything I’ve learned is here—cooking techniques, sauces, mouthwatering marinades. From wing to roast, these are our all-time favorite keto chicken recipes:
A sharp knife is all you need to form a pocket that’s ready to be stuffed full of all your favorite ingredients. Cheese is a must!
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken. Broccoli, cheddar cheese, and sour cream–basically, everyone’s favorite soup stuffed inside a chicken breast. And it’s amazing.
- Lasagna Stuffed Chicken. Skip the noodles, and use chicken breast as a vehicle for zesty sauce and loads of cheese. Well rounded and well loved.
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken. Proscouitto, swiss cheese, lemon peel, and asparagus baked inside a chicken breast, makes for a light and fresh spring and summertime treat.
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken. Crispy bacon, ranch dressing, green onions, cheddar, and cream cheese are the filling. Add some texture with a crispy pork rind coat, or skip and get dinner on the table in no time.
- Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll. Fill your chicken breast with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni, and roll everything together, kinda like a tortilla. Bake, then dunk each slice in more sauce. It’s pizza, it’s chicken, and it’s low carb!
- Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken. Pesto, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese add delicious flavor and a serving of veggies to this twist.
In our house, it’s never too hot for keto soup. Not when you have flavorful, zesty, warm you-from-inside-out recipes like these.
- Keto Chicken Noodle Soup. Everything you love in traditional chicken soup with a simple zucchini noodle sub.
- Green Chili Chicken Soup. Roasted green onions, peppers, and jalapenos blend into a vibrant base for a hearty take on chili.
- Keto Ramen. The broth is packed with umami flavor. For the noodles, we’ll use shirataki noodles, which truly have never tasted this great.
- Keto Taco Soup. This easy to make soup utilizes salsa for loads of flavor with hardly any work.
- Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup. Enchilada sauce makes a tasty soup base. Add some chicken and veggies for the perfect meal.
- Rotisserie Chicken Soup. Loaded with lemon, kale, and herbs, this is the soup you need to turn that cold around.
- Keto Chicken Soup. Nothing warms the heart and soul quite like homemade low carb chicken soup. Flavorful, fragrant, and freezes well for ultimate meal prep.
- Keto Chicken and Dumplings is pure lip-smacking comfort food, without the carbs. The dumplings are legit, and the broth is just as herbaceous and creamy as the traditional version.
- Chicken Curry Soup. Coconut milk mixed with just the right herbs and spices, not only is this dish delish, it’s a well-rounded meal with a myriad of veggies and loads of protein.
Crisp, fresh greens combined with tender chicken and creative mix-ins. This list has got you covered with almost every kind of low carb chicken salad recipe you can dream up.
- Pesto Chicken Salad. Pesto makes everything better, so it should come as no surprise that pesto chicken salad is one of the tastiest ways to work up this kitchen classic.
- Canned Chicken Salad. When you need a quick lunch, opt for canned chicken. In this recipe, I use pickles and their juice to add even more flavor.
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad. Looking for a lighter lunch? Opt for Greek yogurt! It’s the perfect substitute for mayonnaise, with a fraction of the fat and calories.
- Chicken Salad has just the right amount of dressing and delicious crunchy mix-ins. It’s a classic for a reason!
- Avocado Chicken Salad is a mayonnaise-free treat. The dressing is simply a mashed avocado!
- Buffalo Chicken Salad. If you’re a big buffalo chicken wings fan, try using cooked and shredded chicken to make a salad instead. Includes crumbled blue cheese and celery.
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad. Another great time savor that adds loads of flavor. My rotisserie chicken salad recipe includes ranch dressing, cheddar cheese, and green onions.
Marinating chicken is a fast and easy way to upgrade everyone’s favorite protein, while keeping it moist (i.e. harder to overcook!). You can grill, sear, or bake any of these recipes. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Asian Chicken Marinade. Ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and sriracha are a mouthwatering combination, to infuse oh-so-much flavor.
- Mediterranean Chicken Marinade. Lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and a few herbs are all you need!
- Yogurt Marinated Chicken is the easiest way to achieve moist chicken, with hardly any work. This marinade is hard to overcook, and I love it!
Keto Chicken Pasta Recipes
- Keto Pad Thai. Ok, more of a noodle than pasta, but if you’re craving authentic Thai, this one is for you. Zucchini noodles are the hero here.
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash. Everything you love in buffalo wings, baked and stuffed into spaghetti squash, then topped with extra cheese of course.
- Keto Alfredo Sauce. This lusciously creamy sauce is only better with the addition of pan seared chicken for a complete meal.
For lots of flavor, veggies, and variety, check out these Asian chicken ideas. From curries to stir fries, you’ll never get tired of chicken with these:
- String Bean Chicken Breast. Similar to the Panda Express dish, this one comes together quickly and easily with a few pantry staples.
- Keto Spring Rolls. Skip the rice paper wrap and opt for collard greens instead–they soften in seconds and are a great way to sneak in an extra serving of veggies. If that doesn’t have you wanting seconds, the peanut sauce will!
- Keto Orange Chicken. This oven baked(!) chicken breast is crisp and crunchy and tossed in a sweet orange sauce. Make a big batch and freeze it (sauce and chicken separately) for the win.
- Thai Chicken Salad. I’m not sure if I love the rainbow of veggies more or the creamy peanut butter dressing. Luckily, you don’t have to decide, just enjoy.
- Keto Chicken Stir Fry. Basic, easy, Chinese chicken stir fry, without the added sugar or corn starch. This one is easy to adjust the spice level and veggie combo to your liking.
- Chinese Chicken Salad. I know, I know, salad and guilty pleasure don’t normally go together, but this one is a go-to that I literally build my week around. The secret? Skip the ramen topping, and use nuts for a delicious crunch–you won’t miss a thing!
- Curry Chicken Salad. Curry, nuts, and a dash of sweetness make this chicken salad extra special.
From pico to guac, to sour cream to cheese. There are so many ways to flavor Mexican inspired keto chicken recipes, and this list is here to prove it:
- Fajita Stuffed Chicken. Generously seasoned chicken breast stuffed with pepper jack cheese and fajita veggies.
- Keto Tacos. What keeps these ground chicken (or turkey) tacos extra moist is a slow simmer in tomato sauce and spices. Packed with flavor, and amazing texture.
- Mexican Chicken Salad. Upgrade your chicken salad with diced veggies and extra seasoning–I love serving this inside an avocado.
- Zucchini Enchiladas. Simply swap tortillas for zucchini slices, you won’t miss them!
- Keto Crispy Chicken Tacos. Did you know baked cheddar cheese crisps into perfect taco shells? Stuff them with well seasoned chicken before folding, and enjoy.
- Instant Pot Chicken Tinga. Chipotle peppers in adobe, lime juice, and onions blend together for a delicious sauce that’ll keep your chicken breast zesty and amazing.
Keto casseroles are easy to customize with a variety of veggies/spices and are a convenient way to prep meals for a busy week ahead. Here are a few recipes you’ll love:
- Keto Chicken Casserole. Cream cheese, ranch, and sour cream make up the sauce. Now toss in some shredded chicken and broccoli. Top it with cheddar cheese, and pork rinds if you like a little crunch (I sure do!).
- Ground Chicken Casserole. Ground chicken, cauli rice, and a sauce made of cream cheese. Quick, easy, and super satisfying.
- Keto Mexican Casserole. One of the most popular recipes on LPK, this one’s herbaceous, veggie-packed, and full of protein. We love it!
Cheese makes everything taste better, and chicken is no exception. A lot of the recipes above are covered in cheese, here are a few other ways to do it:
- Chicken Crust Pizza. You’ll be shocked you didn’t try this before–ground chicken, eggs, and a bit of parm make the most incredible pizza crust. Top it with all your faves and enjoy.
- Chicken Stuffed Peppers. Shredded chicken, lime juice, sour cream, and veggies get stuffed inside a pepper and topped with loads of cheese. A tasty meal!
Keto Chicken Wings
Skip the deep fryer, chicken wings get just as crispy with a simple oven bake, plus some baking powder or olive oil. Here are the best ways to season them:
- Lemon Pepper Wings come together with a little extra butter and lemon pepper seasoning. So easy and so good!
- Crispy Baked Chicken Wings. This is my go-to recipe for basic buffalo wings. They’re incredibly crispy (thank you baking powder!), and the sauce is just TOO.GOOD.
- Garlic Parmesan Wings. Saute garlic in butter, some lemon zest, and parm, now toss in your crispy wings and enjoy.
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Wings are tossed in a sauce of peppers in adobo, and lime juice, giving these wings a smoky, tangy, slightly spicy flavor.
53+ Best Keto Chicken RecipesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- 1/2 Onion yellow, diced
- 6 Ounce Spinach fresh
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 4 Ounces Feta crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes julienned
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoons Oregano dried
- 1 Teaspoons Fresh Basil dried
- 4 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Saute veggies. Add olive oil (1 tablespoon) to a large pan over medium heat. Once shimmering, add diced yellow onion (1/2 cup) and sauté until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add fresh spinach (6 Ounces) (you may need to do this in batches) and toss as it cooks. Once the spinach has wilted and has released its water, add minced garlic (2 cloves) and sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Combine filling. Add veggies to a large bowl and combine with crumbled feta ( 4 Ounces), julienned sun dried tomatoes (1/2 cup), salt (1 teaspoon), black pepper (1/2 teaspoon), oregano (1 teaspoon), and basil (1 teaspoon). Set bowl aside.
- Prep chicken. Lay chicken breast (4 boneless, skinless) flat on a cutting board. Dry both sides of the chicken with a paper towel. Carefully butterfly each chicken breast, or create a pocket in the chicken breast.
- Stuff chicken. Divide the filling into the chicken breasts and fold the breast over the filling to form a “pocket” (you can use toothpicks to keep everything together). Add bell pepper (1), olives (1/2 cup), and sliced lemon to the pan and brush the tops of the veggies and chicken with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20-24 minutes, or until the internal temperature of your chicken reaches 165 F. Allow the chicken to cool for 10 minutes before slicing, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- To save some carbs, skip the sundried tomatoes, this will reduce the NET CARBS to 5.25 g per serving.
- Nutritional information is based on 1 stuffed chicken breast and 1/4 of the veggies: