This rotisserie chicken salad with creamy homemade ranch dressing, bacon, and CHEDDA is one of my all-time favorite chicken salad recipes!
Because there’s nothing better than cold low carb salads on a warm day…
This low carb chicken salad is literally EVERY craveable ingredient mixed into one easy to eat dish, that comes together in less than 20.
AND! This one can be added to your low carb recipes collection. Does it get any better?!
This chicken salad comes together in a flash, but you’d never know by the flavor! Here’s what makes it so great.
- Smoky flavor of rotisserie chicken
- Added element of ranch and bacon
- Super easy to throw together
- Intensely delicious flavor
Making rotisserie chicken salad doesn’t really involve much cooking, here’s whatcha need to know
Dressing – for this chicken salad, we’ll use a combo of ranch and mayonnaise. You can sub low carb greek yogurt if you’re looking for a lower fat, higher protein (and carb) swap.
Chicken – I used rotisserie chicken to make this salad (hence the title!) but you can use whatever sort of chicken you have — leftover grilled chicken, poached chicken, or canned chicken all work.
If you plan to turn this into a canned chicken salad, just be sure to thoroughly drain the chicken before adding it in.
Cheddar – my favorite low carb cheese for this salad, as it works oh-so-well with the bacon and ranch.
Everything else – using low carb vegetables such as celery and green onions adds a delicious crunch and LOADS of flavor! Feel free to skip/swap/add as you see fit here.
There are SO many low carb lunch ideas you can whip up using these rotisserie chicken salad recipes…
- Dig in as-is! Or serve with low carb chips/chips of choice.
- A good old-fashioned chicken salad sandwich is always amazing. I love to use my low carb sandwich bread, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
- Make low carb lettuce wraps with romaine, butter lettuce, or large leafy greens.
This recipe is CRAZY customizable… Here are a few things you can do to make it your own:
- Make it mayo-free. You can use Greek yogurt for a greek yogurt chicken salad using a 1:1 swap with the mayo. Or make an avocado chicken salad by skipping the mayo and subbing in 1 mashed avo.
- Add your favorite mix-ins. Just be sure to include something with a bit of crunch for the desired texture. In the recipe below, we use celery –Nuts/seeds also work, as well as low carb fruits with a crunch (such chicken salad with apples), etc.
- Add your favorite spices or herbs. There are loads of herbs in ranch dressing, but you can add even more if that’s what your craving. Add taco seasoning for a Mexican chicken salad, or fresh parsley for an added crispness.
- Not feeling the ranch addition? You can easily swap this for more mayo, or add something in its place such as a pesto chicken salad.
Rotisserie Chicken SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 Cups Rotisserie Chicken shredded
- 1/2 Cup Celery Sticks chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions chopped
- 1/2 Cup Bacon crumbled, about 8 bacon slices
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise or sub for Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, combine rotisserie chicken, green onions, bacon, cheddar, and celery.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise (or yogurt) ranch, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to combine.
- Store in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
There are so many salad recipes, it can be hard to choose! Luckily, you don’t have to. Trying them all means you probably never have to eat the same one twice (unless you want to)…
- Chinese Chicken Salad. Crowd-pleasing classic!
- Greek Chicken Salad. Delicious and easy lunch.
- Thai Chicken Salad. SO.MANY.MIX.INS.
- Avocado Tuna Salad. You won’t believe how creamy avocado can be!
- Cauliflower Salad. Who needs potatoes?!
The hardest part about making rotisserie chickens salad is hiding it in the fridge so it’s still there the next day!
Let me know what you think in the comments below, enjoy!