This rotisserie chicken salad with creamy homemade ranch dressing, bacon, and CHEDDA is one of my all-time favorite chicken salad recipes!
Because there’s nothing better than cold low carb salads on a warm day…
This low carb chicken salad is literally EVERY craveable ingredient mixed into one easy to eat dish, that comes together in less than 20.
AND! This one can be added to your low carb recipes collection. Does it get any better?!
Looking for more keto lunch ideas? Check out my Chinese chicken salad, curry chicken salad, or my keto chicken salad.
What I Love About This Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe
This chicken salad comes together in a flash, but you’d never know by the flavor! Here’s what makes it so great.
- Smoky flavor of rotisserie chicken
- Added element of ranch and bacon
- Super easy to throw together
- Intensely delicious flavor
Making rotisserie chicken salad doesn’t really involve much cooking, here’s whatcha need to know
Dressing – for this chicken salad, we’ll use a combo of ranch and mayonnaise. You can sub keto greek yogurt if you’re looking for a lower fat, higher protein (and carb) swap.
Chicken – I used rotisserie chicken to make this salad (hence the title!) but you can use whatever sort of chicken you have — leftover grilled chicken, poached chicken, or canned chicken all work.
If you plan to turn this into a canned chicken salad, just be sure to thoroughly drain the chicken before adding it in.
Cheddar – my favorite keto cheese for this salad, as it works oh-so-well with the bacon and ranch.
Everything else – using keto vegetables such as celery and green onions adds a delicious crunch and LOADS of flavor! Feel free to skip/swap/add as you see fit here.
There are SO many low carb lunch ideas you can whip up using these rotisserie chicken salad recipes…
- Dig in as-is! Or serve with keto chips/chips of choice.
- A good old-fashioned chicken salad sandwich is always amazing. I love to use my keto sandwich bread, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
- Make low carb lettuce wraps with romaine, butter lettuce, or large leafy greens.
This recipe is CRAZY customizable… Here are a few things you can do to make it your own:
- Make it mayo-free. You can use Greek yogurt for a greek yogurt chicken salad using a 1:1 swap with the mayo. Or make an avocado chicken salad by skipping the mayo and subbing in 1 mashed avo.
- Add your favorite mix-ins. Just be sure to include something with a bit of crunch for the desired texture. In the recipe below, we use celery –Nuts/seeds also work, as well as keto fruits with a crunch (such chicken salad with apples), etc.
- Add your favorite spices or herbs. There are loads of herbs in ranch dressing, but you can add even more if that’s what your craving. Add taco seasoning for a Mexican chicken salad, or fresh parsley for an added crispness.
- Not feeling the ranch addition? You can easily swap this for more mayo, or add something in its place such as a pesto chicken salad.
More Keto Salad Recipes
There are so many salad recipes, it can be hard to choose! Luckily, you don’t have to. Trying them all means you probably never have to eat the same one twice (unless you want to)…
Rotisserie Chicken SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 Cups Rotisserie Chicken shredded
- 1/2 Cup Celery Sticks chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions chopped
- 1/2 Cup Bacon crumbled, about 8 bacon slices
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise or sub for Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, combine shredded rotisserie chicken (4 cups), chopped green onions (1/2 cup), crumbled bacon (1/2 cup), cheddar (1 cup), and chopped celery (1/2 cup).
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise (1/2 cup) or yogurt, ranch (1/2 cup), salt (1/2 teaspoon), and black pepper (1/4 teaspoon).
- Pour dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to combine.
- Store in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving, and enjoy!