You may not believe me, but I’m telling you this Big Mac Salad is just as addictive as the original.
You know why? The sauce! This low carb McDonalds dupe takes all of the flavor and textures we love and crave in a Big Mac and turns it into the king of low carb salads.
That’s why I love low carb recipes – you can take your favorite meals and transform them into healthier but every bit as delicious options! I’m telling you, this is bound to be one of your go-to lunch ideas because it’s scrumptious!
Enough talking, let’s cook!!
This Big Mac Salad is packed with good for you ingredients, plus:
- Ready in no time at all! Cook your meat, chop, toss, and you. are. Done!
- Inexpensive, easy to find ingredients!
- Tastes like the burger you crave late at night, but it’s a million (or something) times healthier!
Are you ready for a cheeseburger salad that’s tastier than any burger you’ve ever had? You are going to be shocked by how many flavors are loaded into each bite of this Big Mac salad!
I know, it looks like a lot of ingredients, but a LOT of them are seasonings. This really is a super simple and fast recipe!
Pickles and juice – whatttttt? That’s right, you guys! In fact, in many of your favorite fast food dishes (ahem, Chick Fil A) it’s pickle juice that sets the flavor apart!
If you’re watching your carbs, be sure to grab pickles with no added sugar — I like Vlasic pickles.
Ground meat – Feel free to use ground beef or turkey for a leaner option. I love using ground turkey in my low carb hamburger recipes to switch up my protein sources.
Cheddar – I love the strong flavor of a good sharp, cheddar cheese, but you can use whatever low carb cheese you prefer. Mozzarella, Gouda, Muenster all have great flavors for this Big Mac salad.
Onions, lettuce, and tomato – this salad wouldn’t be complete without the classic veggie ingredients! But these are just a starting point, feel free to add any of your favorite low carb vegetables to this salad.
Tools To Make
The only tools you need for this simple recipe is a pan for cooking your ground turkey, a good sharp knife, and a bowl for tossing! That’s it! This dish is so easy, anyone can make it!
Plus, this recipe makes 4 Big Mac salad servings – so eat with friends, or meal prep for an irresistible lunch you’ll look forward to every day this week! Just be sure to hold the dressing until you’re ready to eat.
Who knew a hamburger salad would be so addictively delicious? Here are a few ways to customize it so it stays your favorite dish:
- Swap the meat. If you don’t have turkey on hand, you can always use a different protein such as ground chicken for a Big Mac chicken salad or ground beef. You can also use leftover grilled chicken, like in this low carb taco salad.
- Add your favorites. Was your favorite burger topping not on the ingredient list? Feel free to add it on! Bacon, avocado, grilled mushrooms – the possibilities are endless!
- Different dressing. If this Bic Mac salad dressing isn’t really your style, feel free to swap it with whatever low carb salad dressing you fancy. You’ll love this homemade ranch dressing!
- You can always rebuild this salad back into a burger. Have it as a bunless burger, or check out the tips on this low carb big mac recipe.
- This dreamy dish can also be a casserole! Check out my baking times and steps in this low carb cheeseburger casserole.
You can never have enough salad recipes! I have enough for every day of the month! Try some of these during your next weekly meal prep:
Big Mac SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Pickles minced
- 1 Tablespoon Pickle Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Minced Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Mild Tasting Oil (see notes below)
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey can sub for beef
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 Cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/2 Red Onion sliced
- 1/2 Cup Pickles sliced
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes diced
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- Toss together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add ground turkey (1 pound), garlic powder (1 teaspoon), salt (1/2 teaspoon), pepper (1/2 teaspoon), and Worcestershire Sauce (1 teaspoon). Break the turkey into small pieces as it cooks with the back of your spoon.
- Allow the meat to cool before tossing salad ingredients together. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Mild Tasting Oil. You want an oil with a high smoke point and mild flavor -- think avocado, vegetable, safflower, sunflower, peanut. Skip EVOO, coconut, or sesame oil.
- Pickles - Many pickles contain added sugar, check the labels before purchasing a product. We love Vlasic.
- Lakanto, Swerve, or Erythritol. I stick to Lakanto and Swerve which are a 1:1 swap with traditional sugar. If using a different brand of Erythritol, keep in mind it's 70% as sweet as sugar, so you may need to add more to taste.
- Nutritional information is based on 1 salad, if you make 4 salads using this recipe: