Wake up your lunch and surprise your taste buds by making a batch of this incredible Mexican chicken salad!
Mexican food is one of my FAVES, so why not combine it with the creamy deliciousness of chicken salad?
This is one of the all-time tastiest low carb chicken salad. Even though I’ve worked up a ton of low carb recipes, I love serving this Mexican chicken salad and watching people’s faces light up — As far as low carb chicken recipes are concerned, this is one of those creative salad recipes that gets 5 out of 5 stars!
Let’s get started!
This Mexican chicken salad is wildly creative and totally tasty. There is just so much to love about it from start to finish. Here are some of its best qualities:
- Absolutely delicious
- Refreshing and unique
- Super simple to make
- Easily customizable
Making this Mexican chicken salad is really easy, and it comes together in under 20 minutes. The only prep work is cooking chicken and chopping vegetables, but that time can also be cut considerably…
This low carb Mexican chicken salad calls for:
Taco seasoning – Well toss some taco seasoning to inject zesty flavor into our dish — I use my homemade low carb taco seasoning version, feel free to use your favorite store bought if you prefer.
Chicken – Throw your chicken on the grill for a grilled chicken salad with amazing added flavor!
Or, if you’re really short on time, try making decadent, creamy canned chicken salad or rotisserie chicken salad — utilizing precooked chicken will cut your prep time in half!
Storing Mexican chicken salad is simple: keep it in the fridge in an airtight container, although I very rarely get the opportunity to put any in the fridge because all it gets gobbled up so quickly!
Serving Mexican chicken salad is as much fun as eating it!
Spice things up by filling a sweet, colorful bell pepper or even a poblano pepper! Of course, a good old-fashioned chicken salad sandwich can sometimes be hard to beat — check out my low carb sandwich bread for a delicious alternative!
Customizing this Mexican chicken salad recipe can give you several different salad options, each with their own colorful twist. Here are a few variations you may want to consider:
- Sub mayonnaise for avocado for an equally creamy avocado chicken salad or use Greek yogurt for a Greek yogurt chicken salad, using a 1:1 swap.
- Add your favorite spices. Although I wouldn’t recommend going full curry chicken salad here, you can add other spices that compliment the current ingredient list, such as cumin, cayenne pepper, or chili powder.
- Add diced avocados into the salad. Unlike traditional chicken salad which is begging for a sweet addition, this chicken salad will do best with savory flavors.
- Add your favorite veggies such as chopped jalapenos or green chile peppers
Making a variety of low carb salads recipes is a great way to incorporate more healthy chicken recipes into your meal plan. I absolutely LOVE all the different flavors and textures that become chicken salad and eating it is even better!
Here are some of my favorites:
- Tarragon Chicken Salad
- Greek Chicken Salad
- Canned Chicken Salad
- Avocado Tuna Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
Mexican Chicken SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise or Low Carb Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Low Carb Taco Seasoning or regular without sugar added
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Cups Chicken Breast cooked and chopped or shredded depending on preference
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion finely diced
- 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper diced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro fresh, diced
- Whisk together mayo (1/2 cup), lime juice (1 tablespoon), taco seasoning (2 tablespoons), salt (1/2 teaspoon), and ground black pepper (1/4 teaspoon) in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken breast (2 cups), finely diced red onion (1/2 cup), diced bell pepper (1/2 cup), and diced cilantro (1/4 cup).
- Pour dressing over the chicken and vegetables and fold to combine.
- Enjoy with low carb bread or wrapped in lettuce!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- This recipe make about 3 cups of chicken salad, which would make 1 serving equal to 1/2 cup.