Most of us consider chicken salad one of those delectable recipes for summer, but Greek yogurt chicken salad is more than that…
This isn’t one of those low carb chicken recipes where you just substitute Greek yogurt for mayo. This sweet creamy recipe makes one of the best low carb salads with the savory flavors of dill, sundried tomatoes, and lemon.
It’s got a zesty refreshing yum factor that’ll have you looking forward to lunch!
Let me show you why!
Greek yogurt chicken salad is so light and creamy! It fills you up without weighing you down for the rest for the afternoon. This healthy chicken salad has a snazzy quality with a refreshing flavor that just lifts your spirits and I absolutely love it!
Here are some other great qualities:
- Super yummy, light and refreshing
- Really simple recipe!
- Substitutions allowed
- Serve it multiple ways
Here’s the deal with this super healthy chicken salad…..you have to let it rest. It can be difficult to walk away and let it sit for 30 minutes, especially if you’re hungry.
But it’ll taste so much better if you exercise some discipline and take this extra step – I promise.
Here’s everything else you need to know:
Greek Yogurt – It’s also important to note that Greek yogurt has become a nutritional buzzword in recent years. Not all brands labeled as ‘Greek’ yogurt are true Greek yogurts. True Greek yogurts undergo an additional straining process which removes much of the milk sugar, liquid whey, and excess water.
The result is a super creamy, thick, tangy yogurt that’s protein-packed and much lower in carbs.
Keep this in mind and look for added sugars when choosing your base for Greek yogurt chicken salad and other recipes! (It can save you a ton of carbs and added sugars while keeping you satiated longer.)
Chicken – Saving time without sacrificing flavor is simple with this recipe by using canned chicken (for a canned chicken salad), rotisserie chicken (rotisserie chicken salad is even more flavor-packed!), or even leftover grilled chicken.
Tools To Make
All you really need is a:
- Whisk for combining the dressing
- Knife to do a little chopping (not much)
- Bowl to mix it all up in
Greek yogurt chicken salad makes wonderful leftovers for lunches and snacks. Keeping it in an airtight container with a secure lid is the key to ensuring that refreshing burst of flavor in every bite.
Of course, it must be properly refrigerated since it’s a cream-based salad.
Think beyond the chicken salad sandwich my friends (although this Greek yogurt chicken salad is DELISH on a slice of low carb bread). There are SO many ways to serve this so you never get tired of it…
- With chips (or low carb chips), and enjoyed as a dip!
- Served inside lettuce, ala lettuce wraps.
- Or over a bed of lettuce for a delicious salad, similar to my Greek chicken salad.
- With low carb vegetables as a dip — think sliced cucumber, celery sticks, or bell peppers.
Chicken salad is the easiest recipe to customize. Here are a few of my favorite ways to do so. Psst — for more of these variations, you’ll want to leave out the feta, sundried tomatoes, garlic, and dill!
- Add fresh herbs. Whatever you have on hand, or can’t live without. I love making tarragon chicken salad or pesto chicken salad during the summer months.
- Add more crunch via low carb nuts!
- Looking for more mayo subs? It’s easy to convert any chicken salad recipe into an avocado chicken salad by subbing in a mashed avocado for the mayo or yogurt.
- Add fruit. Although none of these are low carb fruits, chicken salad with grapes, chicken salad with apples, and chicken salad with cranberries are the classics.
- Add some spice! Mix in a bit of your favorite hot sauce, diced jalapenos or cayenne pepper. Check out my buffalo chicken salad or Mexican chicken salad for inspo.
Here are some other great salad recipes that you can add to the menu rotation for some fun flavor variety:
Greek Yogurt Chicken SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1/4 Cup Dill fresh + chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Garlic minced
- 3 Cup Chicken cooked + cubed
- 1/2 Cup Celery chopped
- 1/4 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 Cup Red Onion chopped
- 1 Cup Feta crumbled. Optional, but I LOVE it!
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add salad ingredients to a large bowl and combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and thoroughly incorporate.
- Store in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Nutritional information is for 1 serving (about 2/3 cup) if you divide this recipe into 6 servings: