I love layering lots of yummy flavors, and this low carb wraps recipe helps make my low carb bread dream come true!!
These flaky, herby, low carb tortillas are perfect for all kind of low carb recipes, like quick lunch wraps, cheesy tacos, or breakfast burritos!
This chewy, delicate wrap makes the perfect handheld container for all sorts of healthy recipes. Basically, take any of your low carb lunch ideas, and toss them in this flaky wrap and voila! A delicious lunch, on the go!
The possibilities are literally endless! Let’s start!
These low carb wraps hit all of the high points for a favorite recipe:
- Ready in under 30 minutes!
- No special tools or techniques – anyone can make these
- The perfect base for all of your favorite on-the-go meals
Working with dough can feel daunting, but you’ve got this, friend! Here are a few helpful hints for gathering ingredients and getting started!
Almond Flour – this flour is made from ground almonds and can come in a variety of textures. When baking, getting the finest ground version that you can! This alternative flour is a wonderful swap for regular flour while keeping low carb wraps keto.
Xantham gum – this plant-based ingredient helps bind gluten free flours.
Apple Cider Vinegar – this fermented apple juice is kind of a miracle. It’s good for everything from giving your hair a fresh shine, clearing your skin, to boosting your metabolism! When baking, it helps activate baking soda to help foods rise and be melt in your mouth fluffy!
Tools To Make
- Skillet – using a large, nonstick skillet will make getting these wraps nice and golden a breeze.
- Rolling pin – You can use metal, wood, glass, steel – I sometimes even use a tall drinking glass! The point is, you need something long and round to roll these wraps out nice and thin.
- Parchment paper – this silicone-coated paper makes it easy to work with doughs of all kinds. Roling out your wraps between parchment sheets will keep the dough from sticking.
These low carb wraps are best served right away, but if you have extras, store them in the fridge in an airtight container. Reheat them by wrapping in a damp paper towel and placing them in the microwave.
Can You Freeze Them?
You could freeze these tortillas for healthy lunch ideas later, but, a word of warning, it may make them a little brittle.
If you decide to go for it, freeze them individually between layers of parchment in an airtight container. Reheat the same as above – in the microwave wrapped in a damp paper towel.
How To Eat Them?
These wraps are good ALL day EVERY day! Here are a few of my favorite ways to enjoy them:
- Breakfast burritos: wrap them up with some scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon!
- Lunch wraps: with sliced deli meat, cheese, mayo and freshly cut veggies
- Use them to make low carb quesadillas!
- Treat them low low carb crepes. You can also skip the Italian seasoning and go the sweet route!
- Bake into low carb tortilla chips
This low carb wraps recipe is straightforward – it keeps it easy to bring together healthy recipes every time! But, if you’re looking to make a few swaps, read on!
Can I Swap The Flour?
The almond flour used in this recipe is the perfect ingredient for making a thin, yet fluffy, wrap style bread. Other flours aren’t going to get that same perfect texture.
If you’re wanting to experiment with other flours, try this chewy soul bread or delicious coconut flour bread.
Can I Make These Without Low Carb Flour?
This particular low carb wraps recipe would be hard without flour… but never fear, there are low carb flourless bread options!
Although they’re more no carb bread -like than wrap -like, you can check out the slew of cloud bread recipes, including this airy cloud bread loaf!
How Can I Make These More Nutritious?
You could always sprinkle hemp or flax into this dough to make them a bit more protein-dense, but the best way to make these low carb wraps more nutritious is to fill them with all sorts of yummy, good-for-you ingredients!
If you’re really hankering for some veggie-filled bread bites, try this superfood, super tasty cauliflower bread. Or, go for a classicly sweet low carb zucchini bread!
Can I Turn These Into A Tortilla?
Remove the Italian spices, and these wraps are perfect as almond flour tortillas for all of your fave Mexican recipes.
For a slightly different version, try these delicate coconut flour tortillas.
Low Carb WrapsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Add almond flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt and Italian seasoning to a food processor, and “pulse” to combine.
- Add apple cider vinegar and egg — combine in the food processor until the dough forms into a ball. The dough will be sticky, and is easiest to handle with dampened hands.
- There are 2 ways to form the wraps — The first option (I prefer this method as it makes “prettier” wraps. Use this method only if you have a 5” diameter bowl): place the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper, then roll the dough using a rolling pin until it’s ¼” thick. Place your 5” diameter bowl on top and press into the dough. Continue doing this until you’ve used all the dough (I was able to make 6 wraps).
- If you don’t have a bowl that size, divide the dough (with damp hands) into 6 small balls, and roll them between 2 pieces of parchment paper until they’re ¼” thick.
- Heat a large nonstick over medium heat and brush some veggie oil into the pan.
- Cook wraps, one at a time. Brush the top of each wrap with more veggie oil.
- Cook each side for about 20 seconds — cooking these too long will make them brittle. You’ll know they’re done when each side has a light golden sear.
- Wrap in a kitchen towel as you cook the rest of the wraps.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Need even more options for low carb bread? Here are a bunch of options to make any recipe dream come true!
- Low Carb Pumpkin Bread
- Low Carb Coffee Cake
- Low Carb Cornbread
- Low Carb Flatbread
- Low Carb Garlic Bread
- Almond Flour Crepes
- Low Carb Naan
- Low Carb Biscuits
- Low Carb Bagel
You’re going to thank your lucky stars for these low carb wraps that’ll make your quick meals effortless and even more mouth-watering! Comment below with your favorite wrap filling combo!