I love layering lots of yummy flavors, and this low carb wraps recipe helps make my low carb bread dream come true!!
These flaky, herby, low carb tortillas are perfect for all kinds of recipes, like quick wraps, cheesy tacos, or breakfast burritos!
This chewy, delicate wrap makes the perfect handheld container for all sorts of fillings. Basically, take any of your low carb lunch ideas, toss them in this wrap and voila! A delicious lunch, on the go!
The possibilities are literally endless! Let’s start!
These low carb wraps hit all of the high points for a favorite recipe:
- Ready in under 30 minutes!
- No special tools or techniques – anyone can make these
- The perfect base for all of your favorite on-the-go meals
Working with dough can feel daunting, but you’ve got this, friend! Here are a few helpful hints for gathering ingredients and getting started!
Almond Flour – this low carb flour is made from ground almonds and can come in a variety of textures. When baking almond flour bread, it’s important to get the finest ground version that you can! My fave brands are Bob’s Red Mill and Trader Joe’s brand.
Xanthan gum – this plant-based ingredient helps bind gluten free flours.
Apple Cider Vinegar – this fermented apple juice is kind of a miracle. It’s good for everything from giving your hair a fresh shine, clearing your skin, to boosting your metabolism! When baking, it helps activate baking soda to help foods rise and be melt in your mouth fluffy!
Tools To Make
- Skillet – using a large, nonstick skillet will make getting these wraps nice and golden a breeze.
- Rolling pin – Don’t have one? Use a tall drinking glass!
- Parchment paper – this silicone-coated paper makes it easy to work with doughs of all kinds. Rolling out your wraps between parchment sheets will keep the dough from sticking.
These low carb wraps are best served right away, but if you have extras, store them in the fridge in an airtight container. Reheat them by wrapping in a damp paper towel and placing them in the microwave.
Can You Freeze Them?
You could freeze these tortillas for lunches later, but, a word of warning, it may make them a little brittle.
If you decide to go for it, freeze these low carb wraps individually between layers of parchment in an airtight container. Reheat the same as above – in the microwave wrapped in a damp paper towel.
These wraps are good ALL day EVERY day! Here are a few of my favorite ways to enjoy them:
- Lunch wraps: with sliced deli meat, cheese, mayo, and freshly cut veggies
- Low carb breakfast burritos: wrap them up with some scrambled eggs, cheese, and bacon!
- Use them to make low carb quesadillas!
- Use them to make low carb burritos with all your favorite burrito fillings.
This low carb wraps recipe is difficult to switch ingredients around, as with most baked goods. But, if you’re looking to make a few swaps, read on!
- Skip the herbs, and mix in your faves! You can get as funky as low carb taco seasoning, or as simple as salt and pepper. I love to add garlic for a low carb garlic bread wrap.
- Turn these into low carb desserts wraps (kinda like a low carb crepe) by skipping the seasoning and salt, and adding your favorite dessert fillings. My favorite way to do this is with butter, erythritol, and cinnamon (ala low carb cinnamon rolls!).
Low Carb WrapsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a food processor.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and the egg, and combine until the dough forms into a ball.
- Prep: Lay a sheet of parchment on the counter and spray with cooking spray. Spray a second sheet of parchment with cooking spray and set aside. When working with the dough, you'll want to use damp hands as the dough will be very sticky.
- Form the wraps: Divide the dough into 6 small balls, then flatten into discs. Place each disc onto prepared parchment and lay the second sheet of parchment on top. Use a rolling pin to roll each disc until it's 1/4" thick. Use your damp hands to clean up any cracks that formed in the dough as it was rolled. Transfer the wraps to your prepared baking sheet. I was able to comfortably fit 3 wraps on the baking sheet at a time.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7 minutes. Then flip and bake for another 4 minutes. You'll know the wraps are done once the edges are golden and the center is cooked through. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Nutritional information is based on 1 wrap if you make 6 wraps using this recipe.
Looking for more low carb bread options? Here are a bunch of recipes to make all your bread dreams come true!
- Low Carb Pumpkin Bread. The only recipe you’ll need this fall!
- Low Carb Zucchini Bread. The fluffiest loaf you’ll ever eat.
- Low Carb Hamburger Buns. What’s a burger without the bun?!
- Low Carb Naan. The perfect bread for dipping!
- Low Carb Biscuits. Fluffy, mile-high biscuits!
You’re going to thank your lucky stars for these low carb wraps that’ll make your quick meals effortless and even more mouth-watering! Comment below with your favorite wrap filling combo!