Fluffy and delicious, low carb hamburger buns are the perfect vehicle for ALL hamburger recipes!
It’s one of my favorite low carb bread recipes because it can be served with just about anything — chicken salad, pork riblets, salmon burgers, turkey burgers, chicken burgers, or whatever burger recipe you fancy.
They also can be used as sandwich bread for fast low carb recipes with sliced meat and cheese, or a creamy tuna salad.
PLUS! They’re so easyyy — Lemme show you…
Store-bought low carb hamburger buns tend to be subpar, cardboard tasting, mehhh. I think this recipe is the best because:
- It’s shockingly fluffy! You’d never guess a non-yeast bread could have this texture.
- 10 minutes of prep. The rest of the work is done by your trusty oven.
- It’s a low carb staple for fancy/easy/decadent/simple meals! So basically, EVERY meal can use these buns 😉
These low carb hamburger buns are ridiculously easy to make. Here’s a breakdown:
Almond flour — My favorite low carb flour, as it’s most similar to wheat as far as taste, texture, and appearance go. I love Bob’s Red Mill, Trader Joe’s and Costco brands as they all come in superfine grain, which is important to achieve the best texture.
Psyllium Husk Powder adds “fluff” to these low carb hamburger buns, as well as binding everything together.
This recipe has only been tested using NOW psyllium husk. Other brands can change the color of baked goods, giving them a blue-ish purple tint. NOW products are easy to grab on Amazon.
Whey protein powder helps give our bread additional fluff and structure. Make sure to get unflavored protein powder, my favorite brand is ISO Pure.
Tools To Make
To make low carb hamburger buns, you’ll need a:
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
Let the buns cool down, then place them in airtight containers in the fridge. They will lose a bit of their fluff after they’ve cooled down, but they won’t lose any flava!
Can You Freeze Them?
Freezing low carb hamburger buns is a GREAT way to make sure you always have them on hand!
Freeze them on a baking sheet in a single layer first (this prevents them from “sticking” together). Then after an hour, toss them all in a large ziplock and back into the freezer.
How to Serve Serve These Buns
Bread is the king of versatility, which is one of many reasons why I love these low carb hamburger buns. Here are some of the few ways I like to use these buns:
- For any and all low carb hamburger recipes (duhhh…)
- As low carb sandwich bread for sliced deli meat and cheese, tuna salad, egg salad, or low carb chicken salad.
- Serve them with eggs and bacon for a brekkie sandwich (like a low carb english muffins).
As with most baked goods, it’s hard to switch things up with this low carb hamburger buns recipe. Here are a few ways you can:
- Use this dough to make low carb hot dog buns – just shape them into a long “rope” and bake!
- Turn these into dinner rolls by skipping the sesame seeds and forming 8 buns using this recipe.
- Switch up the seasoning on top. You can use everything but the bagel seasoning for low carb bagel like buns,
Low Carb Hamburger BunsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add egg and water and stir to combine. Allow dough to absorb the liquid for 10 minutes.
- Using wet hands, divide the dough into 4 balls (they will flatten as they cook) smoothing out the surface as you roll them.
- Place each ball on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle the tops with sesame seeds. Optional: Brush the tops of the buns with a whisked egg for a golden sheen.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Allow them to cool slightly before slicing** and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
With these low carb bread recipes, you can have your bread and eat it, too!
- Low Carb Pumpkin Bread. Our fall favorite recipe!
- Almond Flour Biscuits. Ohhh myyy, these are amazing.
- Low Carb Blueberry Muffins. Bursts of sunshine in every bite!
- Low Carb Cinnamon Rolls. Legit, fluffy, gooey, and cinnamony.
- Almond Flour Tortillas. Actually pliable!
Low carb hamburger buns are an absolute must in every cook’s low carb arsenal! Super versatile and always handy, these low carb buns will fill you up every time.
Let me know what you think in the comments below! Enjoyyy!