Low carb quiche may be one of my favorite “eat whenever you want” meals, and this zucchini quiche is no exception!
I love that this flexible, delicious recipe is perfect for a quick low carb breakfast, a healthy snack, or a light dinner! Eat it hot, cold, standing in front of the fridge – it’s truly a magical dish.
Plus, it’s so darn fancy! Pair quiche with a light salad and a mimosa, and this low carb recipes a perfect brunch dish. While there are a million ways to prepare zucchini recipes, they really shine in this quiche.
This zucchini quiche recipe is a show-stopper with its veggies roses, plus:
- Ready in under an hour (and most of that is in the oven!)
- Flexible ingredients – swap the veggies and flavors for your favorite combos!
- The flavors and textures are absolutely addictive!!
Quiche feels so fancy and complicated, but it’s really very simple! Anyone can make this easy dish.
One of the great things about quiche recipes is they’re made from basic, inexpensive ingredients, that combined form a dish full of elegant and complex flavors!
The crust – you can use whatever storebought or homemade crust you prefer here. I stick to this low carb pie crust made of almond flour for a delicious, low carb option.
You can also skip the crust altogether if you want, check the variations section for more information.
Zucchini – These low carb vegetables packed full of vitamins and nutrients, and incredibly low in carbs at 2 net grams per cup! Choose firm, green, unblemished squash of similar lengths for this recipe. We’re going to slice them very thin and roll them into pretty roses!
Lemon zest – Zest brightens up any dish and goes really well with our squash and cheese. Use a zester or the fine side of a grater to get just the bright yellow flavedo from the lemon, making sure to skip any of the bitter, white pith.
Tools To Make
If you don’t have these tools, you may want to pick them up! They make cooking dishes like this zucchini quiche was faster and easier!
- Mandoline – Using a mandoline will help us get thin, even strips from our zucchinis. Don’t have one? A y-peeler will work equally well. In a pinch, you can use a knife but aim for ultra-thin slices.
- Pie pan – You can use a metal or glass pie pan for cooking this zucchini squash.
Make sure that the center is all the way cooked through. Sometimes, the edges will want to brown too quickly – if that seems to happen, fold a little foil over the crust edges to protect it.
Save some time by skipping the zucchini ribbons, and mixing the thinly sliced zucchini into the egg combo.
Sweating the zucchini is important, don’t skip this step! It helps the zucchini release most of it’s liquid so it won’t water down the quiche.
- Want to sneak in more veggies? Feel free to add some chopped or diced vegetables in. You can swap the zucchini, or leave some zucchini out and mix in spinach for a spinach quiche or broccoli for a broccoli quiche.
- Feel free to swap the goat cheese for your favorite low carb cheese (or use a few!)
- Add some meat, such as cooked bacon for a bacon quiche, or pancetta!
- You can make this zucchini quiche into smaller portions for meal prepping. Check out some of my tips in these crustless mini quiche and egg muffins recipes.
- Skip the crust to lower the carbs even more! Some of my favorite versions of this are crustless quiche lorraine and crustless spinach quiche.
Zucchini QuichePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Pie Crust I use my low carb pie crust
- 12 Pieces Proscuitto
- 4 Zucchinis
- 6 Eggs large
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt plus more to sweat the zucchini
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme chopped
- 1 Cup Goat Cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Prep pie crust according to crust's instructions and place in a 9" pie or quiche pan.
- Use a mandoline to julienne the zucchini into 1/4" strips.
- Toss zucchini in a colander and sprinkle heavily with salt. Toss to ensure it's evenly coated and allow the zucchini to sweat for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, run the zucchini under water and dap off with paper towels until dry.
- Roll the zucchinis into roses and fit them into the pie pan. For less work: slice the julienned zucchini into quarters and toss them into the pie pan.
- Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and thyme.
- Stir in the goat cheese.
- Pour into the pie pan and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the center is firm and the edges begin to brown.
- Allow quiche to cool before slicing, and enjoy!
Addicted to quiche? Here are some more quiche recipes so that you always have a fresh way to enjoy this creamy, crusty dish!
- Broccoli Quiche – Classic flavors make this a perfect weeknight dinner.
- Mushroom Quiche – Meaty mushrooms make this dish even heartier!
- Kale Quiche – Superfood kale turns this quiche into a vitamin powerhouse!
- Dairy Free Quiche – Keep it plant based with this dairy free version!
- Crustless Asparagus Quiche – Elevate your quiche with sweet, crunchy asparagus.
Did this gorgeous and flavorful zucchini quiche sweep you off your feet? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!