Mornings can be rough, which is why I’m thrilled to share this guide to low carb breakfast with you!
Because whether or not you’re sticking to low carb recipes, we all need a little motivation to get out of bed in the mornings…
And I can’t think of a faster way to get out of bed than thinking about ultra fluffy pancakes, creamy chia pudding, or milkshake-tasting smoothies!
This guide is full of recipes, DIY tricks, and great products to give you tons of variety.
So c’mon, let’s go find your new favorite low carb breakfast ideas!
55 Best Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast is my FAVORITE meal of the day! And I know many of you agree. So without further ado, here is your ultimate collection of low carb breakfasts. (Psst — use the table of contents above to skip to the section you’re looking for!)
Here are the 55 best low carb breakfast recipes:
Looking for a crunchy sweet treat to kickstart your day? These low carb cereal recipes are a delicious solution. Serve with low carb milk, low carb yogurt, or enjoy them for a snack on their own:
Tried and true recipes:
- Low Carb Oatmeal. So many of the individually packaged oatmeal options are packed with sugar and carbs. Not this low carb recipe! Plus, when you make your own, you can add your favorite mix-ins! (Walnuts, raspberries, coconut, etc.)
- Low Carb Cocoa Puffs. Yep, you read that right! Believe it or not, you can make low carb breakfast cereal at home that tastes just like your childhood favorite!
- Low Carb Granola. The crunch and flavor are great with yogurt or on their own.
- Low Carb Chocolate Granola lets you indulge in chocolate FOR BREAKFAST! I love putting some in a baggie for an on-the-go breakfast.
- Peanut Butter Grain Free Granola is a yummy addition to so many breakfasts! Serve it up with chia seed pudding or add a splash of almond milk, and you’ve got breakfast perfection.
Best low carb cereal brands:
I’m LOVING all the low carb breakfast cereals available these days, however, they aren’t cheap! But, if you need a little something to get your through, here are some great options:
- Magic Spoon is rocking the keto cereal world right now with their epic flavors: fruity, cinnamon, frosted, blueberry and cocoa.
- Lakanto’s Granola is the perfect addition to your yogurt or milk!
- High Key is loaded with protein!
- Cereal School is another great protein-packed choice!
There are SO many ways to whip up delicious low carb pancakes, and I guarantee you’ll love them just as much as the traditional kind!
Serve your pancakes with some low carb Greek yogurt for added protein, fresh berries, or some sugar free maple syrup! Whatever you decide, you’ll be hooked!
Tried and true recipes:
- Coconut Flour Pancakes are a great weekend treat! The coconut flour makes this gluten free while bringing a scrumptious coconut flavor to every bite.
- Almond Flour Pancakes are deliciously FLUFFY!!! Top with low carb maple syrup for a magical breakfast.
- Protein Pancakes do a lot of heavy lifting! But the best part? The protein will help keep you full until your next meal!
- Low Carb Pancake Cereal — you read that right, miniature pancakes, served in a bowl with a spoon. Breakfast doesn’t get more exciting than that!
Best low carb pancake brands:
Although making your own low carb breakfast pancakes is SO EASY, make your life even easier with products such as High Key Pancake mix!
Each of these low carb smoothies tastes more like a low carb milkshake than something healthy… and they only take 5 minutes to throw together!
Keep in mind, the ingredients in these recipes are flexible, so sub, swap or skip the ingredients to your liking:
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Smoothie helps even out your morning if you want the sweetness of peanut butter without the guilt.
- Low Carb Green Smoothie. Believe it or not, this smoothie is our favorite of all! The flavors are fabulous, it’s full of veggies AND protein! The perfect way to start the day.
- Low Carb Protein Shake. This shake is there for you when you need a little extra umph to fill you up. Perfect for a post-workout breakfast!
- Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie. This one literally tastes like a strawberry milkshake. Bright and bursting with flavor, enjoy it year-round to enjoy the flavors of spring!
- Low Carb Breakfast Smoothie. Another great low carb breakfast — I like to turn my smoothies into bowls and top them with some granola!
Making your own low carb smoothies:
Making smoothies is a quick and easy way to get breakfast on the table. Use these tips and you’ll be golden:
- Liquid. You low carb milk (such as unsweetened almond or coconut milk), and water.
- Add protein and fat via protein powder, low carb Greek yogurt, nuts, or nut butter.
- Measure and stick to low carb fruits, such as blackberries, raspberries, or strawberries.
- Add in veggies! You won’t even taste a handful of mild-tasting ones such as spinach or kale!
Anyone can make scrambled eggs. But with the same amount of dirty dishes and *practically* the same amount of time, why not make a creamy and decadently cheesy crustless quiche?!
Loaded with veggies, and often a protein or 2, these dishes are the epitome of comfort food for breakfast:
- Crustless Spinach Quiche. Getting rid of the crust just means there’s more room for cream and cheeeese. And who doesn’t love that?!
- Crustless Quiche Lorraine sounds like something out of a fancy hotel brunch, but trust me when I say you can make this EASYYY breakfast in no time at all!
Making your own crustless quiche:
Making decadent low carb breakfast quiche is EASY once you get the base down. Use any of the recipes above as your “base”, and simply swap in your favorite veggies or protein in equal amounts!
Most of you probably eat deviled eggs as snacks and appetizers — but I LOVE these for breakfast. They’re great to make at the beginning of the week, for grab and go meals.
Make a variety so you never get tired of them!
- Deviled Eggs With Bacon. Crispy little pieces of bacon sprinkled on top not only add a delicious flavor, but also a much-appreciated crunch to this dish!
- Deviled Eggs Without Mayo. Not a fan of mayo? Have no fear, this recipe is JUST as creamy as the mayo version!
- Classic Deviled Eggs. I love these little easy to eat treats for their taste and nostalgia! And who woulda thought these tasty little bites were LOW CARB??
- Avocado Deviled Eggs? Yes, please! My favorite healthy fats food meets this one-bite breakfast wonder.
Making your own deviled eggs:
Grab my classic deviled eggs recipe above, and swap the mix-ins for your faves. You can also add herbs, spices, heat, and/or meat!
Low carb casseroles aren’t just for dinners and side dishes…
Not with these breakfast casseroles my friends. Cheese, sausage, bacon, and eggs, all baked into one cohesive dish. Is your mouth watering yet?? Me to! Let’s do this:
- Low Carb Breakfast Casserole is great to fill up your fridge with breakfasts for the whole week! Make it at the beginning of your week, slice it and freeze it, and you have breakfast every morning, ready to go.
- Low Carb Quiche lets you have your pie and eat it too! Shake up the ingredients however you want for healthy breakfast bites. We’ll be using my FAVORITE buttery and flaky low carb pie crust for this one, you’ll love it!
Making your own breakfast casserole:
Breakfast casseroles are easy to make from scratch! All you need are:
- Generous amount of scrambled eggs
- Sauteed low carb vegetables — this ensures they aren’t loaded with water, which will prevent your casserole from sticking together
- CHEESE! Because it’s low in carbs and makes everything better.
- Optional protein addition — again, you’ll want to use cooked here, think bacon, sausage, or ham.
Low carb muffins are a thing! And they’re absolutely as delicious as the regular kind! From blueberry muffins to banana muffins, you’ll never get tired of these grab and go treats!
- Egg Muffins are a delicious, savory breakfast option! So easy to make and store in the freezer, then grab, reheat, and head out the door!
- Low Carb Breakfast Muffins make getting out of bed easyyy. With their fluffy texture and addicting crumb topping, they’re the best treat to enjoy with some coffee.
- Low Carb Blueberry Muffins are fluffy, soft and sweet with delightful little bursts of blueberries — this low carb breakfast recipe is one of my favorite ways to start the day! Dunk a bite of these muffins into your tea or coffee for an extra treat.
- Low Carb Banana Muffins. Ok, you probably guessed it, but there are NO bananas in these low carb banana muffins — BUT, you’d never know after one bite of ’em! Try this recipe to see my sneaky low carb swap!
Best low carb muffin mixes:
Lakanto does it again with their blueberry muffin mix, that makes baking EVEN EASIER!
I. Love. Chia. Seed. Pudding.
And you will too once you try a bite of these! Think of them as the low carb version of overnight oats — once your chia seeds soak up all the liquid, they expand into a gelatinous pudding!
Flavor with your favorite sweetener, berries and mix-ins, and you’ve got a high fiber, low net carb treat!
- Chocolate Chia Pudding. Who doesn’t want both chocolate and pudding for breakfast? I love topping this recipe with some raspberries and sugar-free whipped cream — now we’re talkin’!
Making your own chia pudding:
Start with my chia pudding base so you have the milk to see ratio down, then mix and match to your liking! A few additions you may consider include:
- Sweetener — I always add it!
- Cocoa powder, for a chocolate variation
- Matcha, for some green tea flavor
- Peanut butter power of peanut butter
- Fruit powders for additional sweetness and flavor.
Not all low carb bread recipes are breakfast foods, but the ones that are, are SO sinfully good. And I just can’t get enough! From fluffy cinnamon rolls to doughy bagels to sugar dipped donuts…
Here’s a drool-worthy section:
- Low Carb Cinnamon Rolls. Cinnamon-y, fluffy, and covered in a delicious glaze. Make these for a special weekend treat!
Making your own low carb bread:
Low carb baking takes some getting used to! So it’s best to start off with a tried and true recipe as your base and experiment from there once you get the hang of things.
Biscuits are another family fave. Because toast can be boring, and nothing goes better with low carb jam, eggs, or bacon! Check out these heavenly recipes:
- Almond Flour Biscuits. These are my suuuper buttery, mile-high biscuits! Trust me when I say, they give Pilsbury a run for their money!
Fluffy on the inside and nice and crisp on the outside… waffles are often high in fat to achieve that ideal texture we all crave!
I like to whip up the batter for these recipes in my blender for easy pour and press waffles ready in no time! Pour your waffles into a traditional, Belgian, or mini waffle maker!
- Chaffles. Yes, chaffles! This fun spin on waffles brings cheese and eggs into a wonderful, crispy breakfast treat.
Here are a few recipes for FAST and EASY low carb breakfast foods. Make a big batch of these ahead of time, store them in the fridge (or freezer), and grab and go as you run out the door!
*NOTE: a lot of the recipes above qualify for grab and go breakfast as well, but were better suited for the other sections. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, check the other sections!
- Breakfast Cookies are a great excuse to eat cookies as soon as you wake up. Plus, they’re loaded with healthy fats AND protein. It’s a win-win!
Best low carb breakfast on the go products:
You can eat any of your favorite snacks for on the go breakfast options. Here are some of my faves…
- Bars! My faves are Power Crunch and Bulletproof.
- Hard-boiled eggs
- No sugar added jerky
- Cheese sticks
More Low Carb Recipes
- Low Carb Appetizers. Best way to start every meal.
- Low Carb Dinners, bring the whole family together with these comfort food dishes!
- Low Carb Pasta. Heck yaaaa! We have a whole collection of pasta recipes to choose from (the most highly requested recipes on the site!)
- Low Carb Desserts. If there’s a sweet you love, guarantee it’s on this list.
- Low Carb Chicken Recipes. Every high carb chicken dish has been low carba-fied in this SOLID collection!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day — and thanks to this list of the best low carb breakfasts, it’s now the tastiest meal of the day!
What breakfast is your favorite? Did we miss it? Let me know in the comments, or request your desired recipe so we can start working it up!