Finding healthy keto snacks in a processed sugar-filled world can be a bit of a challenge…
Many so-called ‘keto foods’ line grocery store shelves but who knows what’s really in them that could be sabotaging your healthy meal plan!
Using low carb recipes to prep ahead eliminates some of the excuses and temptation to stray when hunger strikes and a handy list of healthy snacks can do the rest. So, here it is!
The BEST ready-made low carb snacks along with some totally yummy low carb recipes for amazing snack foods to keep you in the good graces of, well – you!
One of the things I’ve heard time and time again from those new to carb conscious living is that they feel limited – especially when it comes to snacks.
But, the beauty in low carb eating, is if there’s something you’re craving, chances are there’s a low carb version of it! So, instead of feeling deprived, find a low carb recipe to curb your cravings!
Low carb snacks are a great way to stay on track, as they can decrease your hunger and prevent you from overeating come mealtime!
Here are the 83 best keto snacks:
Having low carb snacks at your fingertips just makes life so much easier, especially if you’ve got a sweet tooth.
Having a few of these stashed in the pantry ensures I don’t reach for the wrong thing when my sweet tooth starts hollering. I like to have a plethora of options. Some of my favorites include: Lily’s chocolate and Power Crunch Bars.
We also like to make low sugar snacks ahead of time and freeze them, so we have a few decadent low carb treats available. Here are 5 of my favorite recipes for low carb sweet snacks:
- Cookie Dough Fat Bomb. There’s just something magical about eating cookie dough! Now you can enjoy the same flavor and texture without the carbs!
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies. Sinking your pearly whites into one of these scrumptious cookies will take you to the chocolate chip wonderland you’ve been missing!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs. Munching on these fat bombs is like eating a sweet delicious Reese PB cup with that same melt-in-your-mouth texture and chocolate peanut butter flavor — but without the carbs!
- Keto Chia Pudding. Eat it for an awesome fiber-filled breakfast or a between-meal snack bursting with antioxidants and omega-3’s. This incredible snack is totally customizable so you can add other flavors too!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs. These fat bombs are the embodiment of rich creamy delight. Plus, there are only two steps to make them, AND! they don’t require any crazy ingredients
Some of the best low carb snacks are recipes and items you can buy to take with you on those crazy busy days. Eating low carb snacks on the go is an easy way to stay on track.
We also make a TON of low carb snacks that are easy to pack into baggies and take with us on the go! Here are some of my most popular low carb snacks on the go:
- Keto Tortilla Chips. These chips are actually crunchy, and they have just the right amount of salt. PLUS! They’re dippable, munchable and top-able!
- Keto Graham Crackers. Gobble them up one at a time or use them in other low carb recipes for flavor and texture that’ll knock your socks off.
- Keto Granola. This sweet crunchy granola is a crave-worthy concoction of textures and flavors that taste like the best parts of an early spring afternoon
- Keto Banana Bread. Enjoy those sweet banana undertones and stay within your macros with a ready-made snack by keeping this crave-worthy banana bread on hand.
- Keto Crackers. The crunchy crackers are the PERFECT snack to bring in a baggie. Enjoy them with some cheese and salami for a meal, or eat them on their own when you’re craving something salt!
To create the ultimate snacks list, I had to include some carb free snacks to balance it out. Preparing and eating no carb snacks will help keep you in your macros and give you some healthy options for when you’re having one of those ‘hungry days.’
Sliced deli meat, cheese, and hard-boiled eggs are all great options you can buy ahead and stash in the fridge.
Here are some of those no carb snacks recipes:
- Cheese Crackers. Use your favorite shred-able block cheese for an easy flavor variation and be prepared to visit low carb snack heaven.
- Keto Deviled Eggs. These make a fantastic breakfast and they’re always a hit at parties!
- Parmesan Crisps. Sometimes I’ll add some flax or chia seeds to amp up the nutrition factor, but these little beauties are awesome just like they are.
- Spicy Deviled Eggs. These little guys are protein-packed, full-flavored, ZESTY and beautiful!
- Keto Slice and Bake Crackers. Slice and bake low carb crackers full of savory cheese. Keep the roll in the freezer, then slice just enough to bake and eat so they’re always fresh and yummy!
Preparing high protein keto snacks is the best way to ensure that you’re always full and satisfied without wrecking your meal plan, as protein is the best suppressor of ghrelin (one of our “hunger hormones”).
OR! Whip up a few of these recipes if you’re looking for a fun kitchen adventure:
- Cucumber Subs. Ditch the bread, and make your favorite sub sandwich with a cucumber instead!
- Keto Egg Muffins. Bite-sized bad boys chock full of protein, totally delicious and virtually no carbs.
- Ham Roll Ups. Savory and great for prep, these little babies will make you rethink your snack menu!
- Cheese Crackers. Cheese melted together into crisp cracker form – what’s not to love?
When you enter the gates of the big box stores looking for ready-made snacks that can fill the I-didn’t-have-time-to-prep void, you can find low carb prepackaged snacks that’ll do the job without blowing your meal plan.
Finding low carb snacks to buy is simple when you know what you’re looking for. You can even buy low carb snacks at Walmart if you choose carefully.
Here’s how to knock it out of the park when you’re looking to simplify with prepackaged low carb snacks.
- Keto Nuts. Grab these at almost any grocery store! I love to buy the prepackaged snack packs sizes for grab and go treats.
- Keto Greek Yogurt. Enjoy this one sweet or savory. Full of creamy, delicious and satiating powers.
- Keto Peanut Butter. This is another one where you’ll want to read labels before purchasing! Check out my cheat sheet for some tips.
More Keto Recipes
Alright, so we’ve got the snacks down… but there are so many other meals in a day! So, here are some recipe collections to get you inspired:
- Keto Dinners. All the family favorite classics to bring everyone to the table.
- Keto Desserts. Seriously, this list contains almost every thinkable dessert…
- Keto Breakfast. Here are a handful of low carb recipes to help you start your day right!!
- Keto Lunch Ideas. One of the hardest meals to prep for, this collection is here to help!
- Keto Chicken Recipes. High protein, low carb, and full of flava!
Living in an over-processed sugar-coated world can present a bit of a challenge when it comes to low carb snacking. BUT a little planning and some help from this list can help keep you on track and ensure you’ve always got something great to snack on.
Leave me a comment below with your favorite low carb snacks! Enjoy!