This fathead crackers recipe is the ultimate in low carb snacks!
This recipe shows you how you can make these bite-sized crackers made of rich cream cheese and mozzarella with the perfect crispy texture!
We’re talking about one of the tastiest low carb recipes of your dreams! The best thing about fathead crackers is that they make the greatest no carb snacks! I love easy, low carb crackers and this one takes the cake…err, cracker!
If you’re familiar with fathead pizza, this is basically the same thing but in a crunchy, cheesy cracker! Try them out and become a fathead yourself!
Here’s why I’m a fathead fanatic for this fathead crackers recipe:
- Love to snack?! These are a fantastic go-to healthy snack option!
- There are only 5 ingredients needed to make these crackers!
- You can change the type of cheese, spices and flavors that go into these to switch up the flavors!
- If you love fathead pizza, you’ll go nuts over these! I mean, they are made with CREAM CHEESE!! YUMMY!
- They are crazy simple to make! You’ll be done making these in less than an hour!
- I love to dunk these into my favorite dip of choice! Trader Joe’s has a crazy selection of dips that I love to sample from!
Here everything you need to know to make this fathead crackers recipe:
The ingredients in this recipe are crazy simple, so much so, you may already have them in your kitchen! The only things I really want to touch base with you on is the dough and how to snack on them!
Dough – This fathead dough to make these crackers is basically the exact same as my fathead pizza dough! This is a twist on the traditional dough used to make crackers (or bread) and it’s instead been altered into a healthier version without having to use all-purpose refined flour and yeast.
Everything But the Bagel Seasoning – YES, I add this to all my cracker recipes. Because it’s addicting! Feel free to swap it with your herbs of choice, but I strongly recommend this one!
Tools To Make
Here’s what you need to make this fathead crackers recipe:
- A microwave safe bowl or double broiler. To melt the mozzarella and cream cheese, flour and salt together
- A rubber spatula. To mix everything together
- A large resealable plastic bag. To put the dough in
- A freezer. To freeze the dough
- A large plate. To roll the seasonings into the dough’s edges
- A sharp knife. To cut the dough into small pieces
- A greased baking sheet. To bake the dough into fathead crackers!
Once these low carb appetizers are completely cooled, store them in an air-tight container in the fridge to maintain their freshness longer.
Feel free to re-crisp them by tossing them in the oven or microwave for a few.
Can You Freeze Them?
You can totally freeze this fathead crackers recipe! Just freeze the raw dough or you can bake the crust and then freeze them for low carb fathead crackers that are ready whenever you are!
How To Eat Them?
I loveeee to pair this fathead crackers recipe with:
- Salami and cheese (Brie is sooo good with these but any cheese is snacktastic!)
- A spread of cream cheese
- A spread of low carb peanut butter or any other low carb nut butter of your choosing
- Dipping these into hummus or Greek Tzatziki dip
The possibilities are endless! Don’t be afraid to try new things or crazy combinations! The results might surprise you!
There are so many healthy recipes variations you can make with these low carb crackers! Here are some ideas:
- Add flaxseed. They’re so easy to mix in to really anything and they come with a slew of health benefits– they’re rich in dietary fiber and are a fantastic source of plant-based protein. You won’t regret making flax seed crackers!
- Turn these into low carb graham crackers. Mix in some brown erthritol, and you’re well on your way to low carb graham crackers! Or, check out my recipe, they’re waaaay better than the store bought traditional kinds!
- Experiment with different flavors by adding some seasonings and herbs like garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, fresh basil, and rosemary!
Try these delish appetizer recipes for more healthy options:
Fathead CrackersPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Dice a handful of chives.
- In a microwave safe bowl add 6 ounces shredded mozzarella, 6 ounces cream cheese and 1 1/4 cup almond flour. Microwave to melt the cheeses. Alternatively, you can do this in a double boiler.
- Once the 6 ounces of cream cheese has softened and cheese is melted, mix everything together using a rubber spatula.
- Add the chives and stir to combine.
- Set aside and allow this to slightly cool, but not harden.
- Place cracker dough inside a large resealable bag. Release air and seal bag.
- Press the dough to the bottom of the bag and roll it into a log that spans the crease of the bag.
- Roll the surface a few times to smooth out any creases.
- Freeze dough for 30 minutes. If you freeze longer, you’ll need to thaw the dough slightly before slicing it.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Take the dough out of the baggie.
- Pour the Everything But the Bagel Seasoning onto a large plate.
- Roll the dough over the seasoning so they press into the edges of the dough.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the dough ¼ - ⅛” thick, keeping the slices as even as possible. Rotate the log between cuts so the crackers don’t flatten on one side.
- Place crackers on a greased baking sheet. (They won’t spread as they cook.)
- Bake the crackers for 25 minutes, or until they start to brown around the edges. Once they brown slightly, pull them from the oven, they’ll continue to crisp as they cool. Enjoy!