One delicious, crunchy bite of this amazing parmesan crisps recipe and ya’ll are going to be wondering where these low carb crackers have been all your life!!!
These chips are crispy, cheesy, and totally addictive low carb snacks.
If you share, which I won’t judge if you don’t want to, prepare for your friends to not believe that this is one of your low carb chips. Really, who knew low carb recipes could produce no carb snacks this scrumptious and satisfying??
Best news yet? They’re as simple as they are tasty!
Let’s dive in!
An easier question is what’s NOT to love, which is nothing. But, more to the point:
- 5 inexpensive, easy to find ingredients.
- Ready in under 10 minutes!
- Crispy texture and addictive flavors that give us that handful of crunch we crave in a snack!
These parmesan cheese crisps are about to game-change your Netflix binge session or your next hike!
Parmesan – Save yourself some time and buy the pre-shredded or grated version of this hard, salty cheese.
Seasoning – This is totally optional, in fact, sometimes I prefer my parmesans crisps without any seasoning!
My preferred seasoning is Everything But the Bagel from Trader Joes (you can buy it online but it’s WAY cheaper in the store!).
Or, if you’d rather craft a seasoning blend yourself, can use a combo of herbs and spices — garlic powder, onion powder, sesame seeds, Italian seasoning are a few tasty options that come to mind!
Tools To Make
This easy and fast parmesan crisps recipe prides itself on being low maintenance:
- Baking sheet – a rimmed sheet, or jelly roll pan, will help keep your parchment in place. A cookie sheet will work fine in a pinch!
- Parchment paper – this silicone-coated paper is a miracle worker for baking. Use it to line your baking sheet, and it’ll create a stick-free surface that makes it easy-peasy to slide off your new crunchy, crisps.
This parmesan crisps recipe is made of cheese, after all, so they do best in an airtight container in the fridge to keep them from getting soft. This also may help you not eat all of them in one sitting, with them sitting on the counter looking all tempting and such.
Luckily, they’re quick and easy, so you can always make more!
Can You Freeze Them?
YUP. Again, this parmesan crisps recipe is effortless. You can totally store them in the freezer in an airtight container – just keep in mind this will take down their crunchiness. Just thaw on the counter or in the fridge when you’re ready for some low carb appetizers!
Looking to spice up your parmesan chips? I’ve got you covered:
- Add almond or coconut flour to these for a more cracker-like texture, just make sure to get the ratios right for an actually crispy cracker, Or check out my healthy recipes for each of these flour-based crackers instead: almond flour crackers and coconut flour crackers.
- Turn this into tortilla chips. This parmesan crisps recipe would work amazing for scooping up soft dips like hummus, soft cheese or salsa! You can form the cheese into triangle shapes, or bake it in a solid flat surface and cut the triangle shapes using a pizza cutter as the cheese cools. Looking for something more traditional? Check out my low carb tortilla chips recipe for a more classic tortilla chip taste.
Parmesan CrispsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese shredded or grated
- Everything but the Bagel Seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line baking sheet with a cut sheet of parchment paper (or Silpats).
- Form flat mounds of parmesan cheese on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the top with seasoning (if desired!)
- Bake time will vary with how large your crisps are. Mine were 3-4" round, and I baked them for 10 minutes.
- Allow crisps to slightly harden/cool on the baking sheet before moving.
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Looking for more chips, crisps, and crackers? Here are a few recipes for high protein low carb snacks that are sure to satiate your cravings!
This parmesan crisps recipe is bringing our healthy, low carb chip dreams to life! Comment below with your favorite time for this savory snack!