These jalapeno parmesan crisps are the PERFECT crunchy low carb chips to satiate all your snacking needs!
All you need for this crazy easy recipe is 2 ingredients (plus spices), a baking sheet, and an oven. And they’re (seriously!!) as crispy as any chips, crackers, or low carb snacks you’ve ever tasted.
Not to mention, parmesan crisps are high in protein, low in carbs, and delicious.
These low carb crackers always curb all the cravings!
What’s not to love about these legit crispy jalapeno parmesan crisps?! PLUS:
- They’re high protein and low carb, making them the perfect snack to tide you over between meals.
- Easy! All you’ve got to do is make mounds of cheese on a baking sheet and bake!
- Super flavor-packed — as delicious as parmesan crisps are on their own, these are next level.
Not much to this recipe! Here are a few tips and tricks to ensure success:
Cheese – The only ingredient you need for these jalapeno parmesan crisps is low carb cheese. You can actually use whatever meltable cheese you prefer, however, my favorite is parmesan as it crisps up well and is one of the highest in protein cheeses.
Seasoning – We’ll be using a quick and easy spice mix to amplify these crisp’s zestiness. You can also sub in low carb taco seasoning if you have some around.
Tools To Make
2 simple tools are all you need for crisp perfection!
- Baking sheet, to bake the cheese
- Parchment paper – this will make your life SO much easier! Easy cleanup, and easy removal (for quicker snacking).
Cooking These in a Microwave
Quite a few readers have asked about making jalapeno parmesan crisps in the microwave. Here’s how a member of our low carb FB group made hers:
- Place cheese on a small piece of parchment
- Microwave for 1 minute, then check the crisp’s “doneness”
- Continue cooking for 15-second intervals until your jalapeno parmesan crisps have reached the desired crispiness.
Keep your crisps fresh and delicious by storing them in an airtight container in the fridge. Believe it or not, they don’t lose much of their crispness.
If you’re anything like me, you won’t need an excuse to eat these crisps. But, I thought I’d share a few ways to enjoy them as a major meal upgrade!
- Break them up and use them as a crunchy topping for low carb salads or low carb soups.
- Serve them as low carb appetizers. Make a variety plate by topping your crisps differently, such as plain, pepperoni, bacon, etc.
- Low carb snacks on the go. Or, if you’re looking for a heartier meal, eat these crisps with sliced deli meat (like a crisp sandwich!).
Let me share a little secret: you only need 1 ingredient to make crisps (although I HIGHLY recommend you try this jalapeno and spice variation below). The rest is up to you!
Here are a few parmesan crisps variations:
- Make crustless pizza chips by topping each cheese mound with a slice of pepperoni. Dip in low carb pizza sauce for bonus points.
- Turn these into low carb tortilla chips by forming triangle shapes, or baking the cheese and slicing them with a pizza cutter while they’re hot.
- Mold the cheese into different shapes when it’s hot — check out these cheese taco shells for some inspo.
- Add your favorite seasoning mixes. I like to keep it simple with everything but the bagel seasoning.
Jalapeno Parmesan CrispsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 Jalapeños sliced 1/4" thick, seeds removed (or keep for spicier!).
- 6 Ounces Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sliced jalapeño slices in olive oil and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until they’re soft and starting to crisp.
- Remove jalapeños from baking sheet and set aside.
- Place small mounds of cheese on the baking sheet and flatten the tops. Sprinkle each with even amounts of oregano, paprika, and garlic powder, then place a jalapeño on top of each.
- Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until your cheese is crisp and golden brown. Allow your crisps to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Looking for more low carb chip recipes? I’ve got you! Here are some of my favorites:
- Kale Chips. You won’t remember you’re eating veggies!
- Fathead Crackers. Cream cheese and almond flour are a match made in heaven.
- Eggplant Chips. Tossed in BBQ seasoning, these are a classic!
- Almond Flour Crackers. Looking for traditional wheat crackers? These will curb your cravings!
- Cheese Crackers. Low carb Cheez-its anyone?
I hope these jalapeno parmesan crisps curbed all your cheesy, chip cravings. Can’t wait to hear what you think in the comments below! Enjoy!