If you’ve been craving a savory, tender, flavorful dish, these low carb sausage balls are your dream come true!
These low carb meatballs have salty cheese and bold spices that make them one of the most addictively munchable low carb recipes I’ve got!
They’re ready in just under 45 minutes and make ideal low carb snacks or low carb appetizers, (or dare I suggest, breakfast?) They’re the perfect size for dipping and you can have just as many as you’re hungry for – my favorite kind of meal!
Are you ready? Let’s bake!
They are perfect for a low carb meal plan and are super delicious, plus:
- Just 5 inexpensive and easy to find ingredients, (plus a couple of seasonings)!
- Ready in under 45 minutes with almost NO work!
- Simply PACKED with flavor, and almost no carbs!
This recipe is easy breezy and perfect for a snack, dinner, or meal prepping!
Almond flour – my favorite low carb flour, this is made from finely ground almonds. When you’re baking, you generally want a very fine flour, but you can get away with a courser grind for these low carb sausage balls.
Pork sausage – You can use any kind of meat in this recipe, but I love how sausage adds a ton of amazing flavor. Buy it ground, not in a casing for easiest cooking.
Cheddar – I use shredded cheddar in this recipe, but you can swap out the cheese for whatever is your current fave. I like to grate my own cheese at home to keep fillers out, but if you’re in a pinch, feel free to use pre-grated.
Heavy cream – This keto staple adds some great moisture and even more lusciousness to this dish.
Tools To Make
You need just one simple tool to make these easy low carb sausage balls, but there’s one more that may be your new cooking best friend.
- Rimmed sheet – There may be a little fat run-off from the sausage balls because pork tends to be a little on the fattier side (which is why it’s so delicious and great for Keto!) Use a rimmed sheet to keep any mess from falling in your oven.
- Parchment paper – I love parchment paper because it makes cleanup a breeze. This silicone lined paper comes in a roll or sheets – and works well both for baking or freezing.
These couldn’t be easier – shape into a firm, well-packed ball, place on a cookie sheet, and bake! Serve immediately, and you’re done!
After baking, store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in the oven or stovetop for best results, but the microwave will do in a pinch.
These are great for meal prepping – store in individual containers with a low carb veggie side to make a complete meal.
Can You Freeze them?
Yes! Low carb sausage balls are a great candidate for freezing, both before or after baking.
If freezing before baking, shape into balls on a cookie sheet and freeze until firm, then transfer to a zip-top freezer bag. Bake as usual, just a bit longer.
If freezing after baking, place directly in an airtight container, then reheat in the microwave, oven or on the stove.
Serve these low carb sausage balls hot with a dipping sauce.
I love to use sweet and spicy low carb BBQ sauce, or low carb ketchup, but you can make this a breakfast dish by ditching the garlic powder and serving with sugar free pancake syrup! Yep, I said it. I dip my sausage in pancake syrup, and you should, too, and you will love it.
- Not a fan of cheddar? Not a problem! Use any kind of low carb cheese you love or have sitting around. If you want some inspiration, check out these mozzarella stuffed meatballs for more ideas.
- You can swap the sausage for any other kind of meat. Think chicken meatballs or Italian sausage meatballs — just know you may want to adjust the seasoning as well.
- Feel free to sneak in minced or pureed low carb vegetables to get some vitamins hidden from the fam!
- Spice it up! Add some cayenne or hot sauce to give these low carb sausage balls a kick! Or, omit the seasoning and stick to just salt and pepper for a more neutral flavor.
Low Carb Sausage BallsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Add the sausage, cheese, and cream. Combine using your hands until well incorporated.
- Use a cookie scoop, (or your hands) to shape into 1 1/2-inch balls (I was able to make 38). Squeeze the sausage balls so they hold their form. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until brown, about 30 to 35 minutes. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Nutritional information is for 2, if you make 38 balls using this recipe:
When you want your snacks to have tons of protein as well as being keto, I have lots of options for you. And they’re super scrumptious!
- Egg Muffins. Quick, easy, and satisfying – the way snacks should be!
- Cheese Crackers. Your favorite handheld snack, reimagined!
- Ham Roll Ups. Who needs a tortilla? These are delicious without them.
- Deviled Eggs with Bacon. Eggs and bacon in a whole new format.
- Italian Sub Roll Ups. A mini cyclone of meat and cheese!
I hope these low carb sausage balls exceeded all of your cravings and expectations!
I have to know, what did you dip your sausage balls in? Gravy, ketchup, something else? Let me know in the comments!