You’re just 5 minutes away from this simple, creamy, herbaceous keto ranch dressing recipe!
That’s literally all it takes to whip up this low carb salad dressing…
Low carb sauces can be hit or miss, but this one doesn’t disappoint. If you’re like me, there’s not a single thing that can’t be doused or dipped in ranch!
I love to pair it with my fave high and low carb recipes, such as: pizza (if you haven’t tried it, DO IT!), fried chicken, veggies, on a hamburger and of course, on low carb salads.
It’s an all-star condiment however you eat it!
What’s not to love about this recipe?! Here are my personal highlights on why you MUST make this keto ranch dressing recipe as soon as humanly possible:
- Salad dressing in FIVE minutes!!! Could it BE any easier?! I think not!
- It is literally the perfect condiment on basically anything you can think of! (I know I’m not alone here…) It really isn’t just for salad, although it does take an average salad up to superstar status.
- You think store-bought ranch dressing is good? Wait until you try homemade. JUST WAIT. You’ll be ruined forever in the very best way! Welcome to your new life as a Ranch Dressing Snob! There are def worse things to be….
- A healthier way to ranch dressing? I AM HERE FOR IT! All of it. Seriously, put it all on my plate right now.
- The ingredients are super easy and crazy affordable to buy. I love fast and I love cheap!
- Making your own dressing is SO CHIC… I mean, you’re entering Gwyneth Paltrow territory here 🙂
Here’s everything you need to know to make this homemade ranch dressing recipe:
I got you when it comes to healthy recipes! Even the pickiest ranch dressing connoisseur is going to recognize this dressing is next level, earth-shattering, life-changing, record-breaking, heart-stopping, lick-it-off-the-whole-plate delicious!
Get you some!!
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this healthy salad dressing:
Mayonnaise: If you want to make this even healthier, swap out the mayo and add a mashed avocado in its place or use Greek yogurt!
Heavy Cream: As you probably can assume, this recipe is for how to make ranch dressing from scratch without buttermilk, as we simply use heavy cream in its place. We MUCH prefer heavy cream to buttermilk as far as flavor, texture and CARB COUNT go.
Psst — buttermilk yields 13 grams of carbs (12 of which are sugar!)! Eek. If you aren’t watching your carbs, feel free to use it instead!
Sour Cream: Creamy + delish! Again, you can swap this with greek yogurt for a lower-fat alternative.
Lemon Juice: This ingredient is crucial to this recipe and gives the dressing that delicious tang!
You can use freshly squeezed or the kind from the grocery store that’s pre-squeezed in the plastic lemon bottle! Fresh is always best but something life calls for something easier!
Herbs: When making homemade dressings, I’ll often opt from dried herbs to save $$$!
If you’d prefer to use FRESH herbs, the general rule of thumb is to triple the amount.
Tools To Make
All you need are TWO things to make this homemade ranch dressing recipe come to life:
- Large bowl: for whisking all ingredients together!
- Cover for bowl or plastic wrap: for covering dressing while it sets in the fridge
With this homemade ranch dressing recipe and all my healthy sauces, I recommend storing them in your fridge for the best and ultimate freshest results.
Trust me, you want this dressing to the very last drop!
Can You Freeze This?
This is one of those dressings that you’ll want to make fresh for best results. And since it only takes five minutes to prepare, it’s crazy easy to whip up on the spot! No prob!
It takes everything I have not to eat this keto ranch dressing recipe by the spoonful. It’s truly food GOLD.
It’s so versatile that I love to find ways/excuses to eat it outside of just the salad bowl! Once you make it, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about!
Here are a couple of ways I like to serve it:
- I love to dip it into traditional or keto pizza! MmmMmm, good!
- It’s INSANE when dunked into spicy keto fried chicken. The heat of the spice and the coolness of the ranch will change the way you eat chicken wings for the rest of your life!
- You can never go wrong eating it as a veggie dip with low carb veggies. It’s the ultimate for parties! People always seem to gather around this dish!
- Last but certainly not least, it reigns supreme on salads! I love to make this protein-packed rotisserie chicken salad as a lettuce wraps and drizzle this homemade ranch dressing on top.
- Another weekday go-to is this keto taco salad. It’s flavor-packed with creamy avocados, crunchy cheese chips, low carb veggies, sauteed chicken and when topped with this homemade ranch dressing recipe?! Pure heaven, angels singing, the whole kit and kaboodle!
No matter how you eat it, you’re going to love it! Try some of the below variations to America’s favorite condiment!
- Swap mayo. Use keto greek yogurt as a sub for the sour cream and/or the mayo (BONUS: in my opinion, there’s no sacrifice in flavor or texture with yogurt ranch dressing!). You can also try avocado! Avocados are SUPER creamy and bring tons of nutrients! Don’t worry, it won’t be as thick as keto guacamole (thanks to the heavy cream!)
- Add more flavors. Mix in some BBQ sauce, duhhh. Or, for a low carb version, check out my low carb bbq sauce! Or try mixing in some keto taco seasoning, or whatever taco seasoning packets you have sitting around
- Add bacon crumbles. Because bacon makes everything BETTER!
- Add cheese. Mix some keto cheese into the dressing. Freshly grated parmesan, asiago, or cheddar! (think of it as a low carb cheese sauce meets ranch, YUM!)
- Make it Spicy. Add some hot sauce or your favorite spices for a little heat.
Can’t get enough salad recipes? Then, you def need to check these out:
Keto Ranch DressingPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Chives
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Parsley or 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Dill Weed or 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Nutritional information is for about 1 Tablespoon of dressing: