I absolutely LOVE the tangy, sunshiney flavor of mustard vinaigrette.
It’s incredible how just a few simple ingredients can make the best vinaigrette recipes!
This low carb salad dressing has a rich, complex flavor profile that just wakes up your taste buds — the sweet and savory nuances rally to bring out the best in low carb salads, no matter what your ingredients maybe!
There are so many reasons to love this mustard vinaigrette, especially the fact that it’s:
- So stinking easy. Literally just mix, pour and toss!
- Extremely customizable, so you will never get bored of this solid base vinaigrette recipe!
- Low carb and high in healthy fats, unlike the processed store bought stuff!
Throwing together this mustard vinaigrette takes less than 5 minutes, but it’ll taste like you’ve been in the kitchen for hours!
The classic vinaigrette ratio is 1 part vinegar to 3 parts oil. Everything else is just a bonus.
Seriously friends, this will give you a successful dressing every time!
PRO TIP: Experts have a theory that adding the olive oil first creates a film around the other foods, preventing the flavors from mixing well. I always do it last, just to be safe.
Tools To Make
All you need to make this salad dressing is a whisk and a small bowl!
You can also add ingredients to a protein shake shaker bottle and shake vigorously to combine. The little shaker tool mixes the ingredients perfectly while the container stores the dressing well and pours beautifully.
Choosing the best veggies for this vinaigrette recipe is really a matter of personal opinion…
Light veggies – Using dressing for lighter greens, like butter lettuce and romaine, is a light, tangy flavor combination that makes for great lunches!
Heavier veggies – Adding more robust veggies, like broccoli and asparagus, creates an intense tasting pleasure you’ll thoroughly enjoy as the acid in the vinaigrette recipe helps tame the bitterness in the greens.
This low carb dressing is a busy mom’s dream!! Create endless flavor combinations with just a little imagination, what’s already in your cabinet and some fresh herbs!
- Add some sweetness. Traditionally sugar is used, or opt for keto sweeteners such as erythritol if that’s more your style.
- Toss in some fresh herbs for a tasty, aromatic flair.
- Swap mustard for Dijon. This will give your multifaceted dressing a tangy little kick (sunshine with attitude) that lasts almost as long.
- Put a really tangy twist on your low carb meal plan by swapping out the apple cider vinegar for balsamic vinegar.
Adding dips, sauces and seasonings to your dish can be a huge treat! Here are some other great ideas:
Mustard VinaigrettePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Combine mustard (1 tablespoon), apple cider vinegar (1/3 cup), salt (1 teaspoon), pepper to taste together in a bowl with a whisk, or add to a shaker bottle and shake to combine.
- Add olive oil (1 cup) and stir/shake once more.
- Taste and adjust to your liking. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Nutritional information is equal to about 2 Tablespoons of dressing: