This avocado sauce is here to make your chips, tacos, and chicken next level good.
Because on it’s own, this avocado sauce is next level good — so good you’ll be eating it straight from the food processor. So good, you’ll plan your dinner around it. So good, there won’t be any avocado sauce leftovers.
It’s the perfect dip for sliced veggies, chips and crackers. Tastes great as a topping on almost every dish. Makes for a wonderful sauce mixed into pasta or baked vegetables.
Basically, this avocado sauce is the bomb! I can’t wait to see all the recipes you work it into, so let’s get blending!
How to Make Avocado Sauce
On top of being ridiculously tasty, this avocado sauce can basically be made in your sleep! It’s as easy as tossing the ingredients into a food processor, turning it on, and waiting until your avocado sauce is blended and creamy.
Here are a few tips for perfecting this avocado sauce:
Be sure to thoroughly wash your cilantro!
Sneaky grains of dirt and sand build up in cilantro leaves, which is the last thing you’ll want to taste in your finished avocado sauce! Take the rubber band off your cilantro bunch and thoroughly clean between the stems and leaves, skipping this step can ruin your avocado sauce!
Cut off most of the cilantro stem before adding it to the food processor.
Interestingly enough, cilantro stems are full of flavor, and add a nice crunch to dishes. That said, I prefer this avocado sauce to be as creamy as possible, so I remove the stems before adding in cilantro. Simple drag a sharp knife over the top of your cilantro bunch to separate the leaves and stems. This doesn’t have to be perfect, get as much as you can without wasting time!
Food processor is the best kitchen tool for this avocado sauce.
Some of you may be wondering if you can make this avocado sauce in a blender — which is totally possible, but I much prefer to use a food processor. They’re better at handling recipes without much liquid, such as this avocado sauce.
Type of avocado to use in this avocado sauce.
You may think I’m being picky, but you’ll thank me for this one! Grab Hass (or Haas) avocados whenever possible. They’re higher in fat content than most avocados, which makes them significantly more creamy and flavorful. If you don’t believe me, try a side by side taste comparison to see which one you prefer.
Uses For This Avocado Crema
Every recipe tastes better with a little avocado crema on top! Whether you’re sticking to low carb foods or not, I’m sure you’ll find something on this list that’s dip, dollop or smother worthy.
The obvious answer is to use this avocado sauce for tacos, here are a few less obvious ideas:
- Low Carb Recipes:
- Keto vegetables: Dip some celery or cucumber sticks
- Low carb chips: Dip your low carb tortilla chips, low carb crackers, eggplant chips or any baked veggie chips into some creamy avocado sauce.
- Low Carb French Fries
- Low carb casseroles: Add a dollop over a slice of low carb chicken casserole or low carb mexican chicken casserole.
- Low carb salads: cover your keto taco salad or low carb taco salad with some of this avocado sauce.
- Spread over your favorite low carb bread recipe, and serve with an egg on top.
- This is the perfect avocado sauce for salmon, avocado sauce for chicken or avocado sauce for fish — just add a scoop over your cooked protein!
- Serve with tortilla chips, or regular chips for some low carb appetizers.
- Add over a slice of bread and serve with an egg on top.
- Add a dollop over your favorite baked casserole.
- Dip some french fries in it!
- This is a delicious avocado sauce for pasta, just add a few scoops into cooked pasta and stir until your noodles are coated.
Avocado Cream Sauce Variations and Swaps
Since this avocado cream sauce doesn’t require any baking, it’s easy to modify to your taste buds by simply adding or leaving out the ingredients we toss into the food processor.
Here are some twists to this avocado sauce you may want to try:
Spice it up!
The obvious spice to add to this avocado sauce is jalapeno — but I’m a wimp and skipped it. If you’re all about that spicy life, deseed a jalapeno and toss as much as you’d like in. Be sure to wash your hand immediately after!
Swapping cilantro for parsley.
I understand some of you hate cilantro with a fiery passion, and think it taste like soap — so, use parsley instead! Because everyone should get to taste an avocado sauce this good. *If you like the taste of cilantro, keep it in! I think it tastes way better than parsley (sorry guys)
Not a fan of Sour Cream?
This avocado sauce with sour cream can easily be made with low carb Greek yogurt instead. If you’re looking for an avocado sauce vegan friendly, try skipping the sour cream all together.
Making An Avocado Dressing
As I warned you above, once you try this avocado sauce you’ll want to add it to every possible recipe. Such as covering your salads in an avocado dressing! Which you can easily make using this recipe as your base, and stirring in avocado oil until you reach the consistency you’re looking for!
Looking For A Chunky Topping? Make Avocado Salsa!
Sometimes, your recipe may call for a chunky topping. So, instead of tossing these avocado sauce ingredients in a food processor, dice ‘em up and stir ‘em together! Skip the sour cream and you’ve got an avocado salsa that’ll make you forget pico de gallo ever existed.
Avocado Sauce Recipe
There your have it friends, your new favorite sauce to spread, dip and dollop onto all your favorite recipes! I hope you love this Mexican avocado sauce recipe as much as I do, leave me a comment below to share how you used your avocado sauce!
Avocado SaucePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro leaves only
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream or low carb greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Cut avocado in half and remove the pit/skin. Place avocado in the food processor.
- Add all other ingredients to food processor, and process until smooth and fully combined.
- Scoop into a bowl and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes: