You guys are going to be blown away by how easy it is to make your own, incredibly delicious low carb BBQ sauce. I think low carb sauces are one of the best ways to dress up healthy recipes!
No matter if you’re making ribs, chicken or sausages, this tangy, tomato-ey sauce is irresistible and perfect for making all your low carb recipes taste just like the classics. This dreamy sauce is ready in minutes and makes PLENTY so you’ll be set for any BBQ meals you can imagine!
Let’s get cooking!
This low carb BBQ sauce is so easy, you won’t believe you’ve ever bought it, plus:
- Simple ingredients – you totally have these around!
- Ready in 15 minutes, or less!
- Sweet, scrumptious flavors that you need for proper BBQ foods!
Ready to see the magic happen? This low carb BBQ sauce comes together in just one pot!
It’s amazing that such simple ingredients make such a mouthwatering sauce!
Tomato paste. This paste is made from, spoiler alert, concentrated tomatoes! Which if you’re wondering, YES, tomatoes contain carbs, so this BBQ sauce is not carb-free, rather a MUCH lower carb alternative to the sugar added versions you can buy at the store.
Apple cider vinegar. The world of BBQ sauces has a wide range of flavors. Some are more mustardy, some sweeter, some more vinegar-y. This variation is a more traditional style sauce, which is why I like to add ACV — it gives us the tang we are looking for.
Worcestershire sauce. It’s your favorite sauce that you probably can’t pronounce! This seemingly simple sauce has SO many flavors – salty anchovies, sweet molasses, vinegar, onion, citrus, and SO much more. We’ll use just a touch of this to give our low carb BBQ sauce some complexity.
Liquid smoke. This odd ingredient is exactly what it sounds like! Wood is burned, the smoke is collected, allowed to condense, and purified. That liquid is bottled to give us a smoky additive for cooking.
This ingredient is optional, as I know not everyone is comfortable using it.
Depending on what kind of recipe you are cooking, you may not have much leftover. Whatever you DO have, store in an airtight container in the fridge.
OR! Freeze this low carb BBQ sauce in pre-portioned containers, so you don’t have to make it every time you light up the grill.
My favorite way to freeze smaller portions? In an ice cube tray! Freeze in the tray, then pop them out into a freezer bag. Allow them to thaw them on the counter or in the fridge before serving.
Of course, this low carb BBQ sauce goes AMAZINGLY with barbeque. But it’s great on lots of recipes and low carb appetizers!
Have some questions about this low carb bbq sauce recipe? Ask away!
- Can You Eat BBQ Sauce On A Low Carb Diet? If you’re wondering how many carbs are in sugar free BBQ sauce, the answer kind of depends on what ingredients you use. Using keto sweeteners like erythritol or stevia will help a ton, as a lot of the carbs come from added sugar. The only remaining carbs in this recipe come from tomatoes, and we cut down on that as much as we could by using a concentrated paste.
- What BBQ Sauce Has The Lowest Carbs (store-bought)? Primal Kitchen makes a low carb BBQ sauce I’ve been meaning to try. But truth be told, this is SO easy to make, I prefer making my own.
Low Carb BBQ SaucePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 6 Ounce Tomato Paste canned
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Liquid Monk Fruit or Stevia optional
- 2 Teaspoons Liquid Smoke optional
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and stir to combine.
- Heat on medium heat until you start to see bubbles form, then bring the sauce to a very low simmer.
- Simmer until your sauce reaches desired thickness (the longer you simmer, the more liquid will evaporate). I usually heat mine for about 5 minutes.
- Allow sauce to cool and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Didn’t realize you could make your own collection low carb sauces? Try out all of these homemade options!
- Low Carb Spaghetti Sauce. Perfect for low carb pasta, noodles, and lasagnas.
- Low Carb Pizza Sauce. Great for dipping and for pizza!
- Low Carb Ketchup. We can’t live without this classic.
- Low Carb Honey Mustard. Your fried chicken will thank you.
- Homemade Ranch Dressing. Way way way better than storebought.
This low carb BBQ sauce will be the highlight of any southern meal you have planned. Comment below with your favorite BBQ recipe, and ENJOY!