I scream, you scream, we all scream for this low carb ice cream bites recipe! AM I RIGHT?!
You want refreshing?! It’ll cool you down! You want chocolate?! It’s dipped in it! Mmmm! You want minimal ingredients?! There’s only 3 in this recipe! You want it keto friendly?! Sugar free whipped cream is our secret! You want low carb desserts?!
Look no further, sweetness, there’s not a cooler low carb ice cream treat in your freezer! Frozen low carb recipes are here for the win, just in time for summer! Breyer’s remorse, no more!
You’re going to MELT over how insanely delish these are!
Ice cream over how INSANE this low carb ice cream bites recipe is.
Here’s why you need to do yourself a favor, immediately, and get to making this recipe:
- I don’t know about you but I have ice cream cravings on.the.daily. This recipe lets me indulge my sweet tooth in the best way possible!
- There’s nothing worse than having to buy 1,000 items for one recipe. I got you, boo. You only need THREE ingredients to make this recipe! Yes, THREE!
- These are creamy, dreamy, chocolatey, bliss bites of pure HAPPINESS! Disclaimer: these bites WILL make you smile!
- These are sooooo addicting, you might as well double the recipe. Trust me, you’re going to have to hide these from the people you live with.
- These are SO EASY TO MAKE! Whip up the cream, plop it into a mold/muffin pan, freeze, dip into chocolate, freeze again and DEVOUR!
Here’s the SCOOP on everything you need to know to make this low carb ice cream bites recipe!
Traditional ice cream vs. this low carb ice cream bites recipe: There are nearly 19 grams of carbs in half a cup of chocolate ice cream. Hard pass on that sugar crash. Also, who eats only half a cup of ice cream?!
The ingredients for this keto ice cream are super duper simple, but here’s the skinny in case you aren’t familiar with them:
Heavy Cream – Use heavy or whipping cream, either will do the job.
Erythritol – If you haven’t heard of it yet, this diabetes and keto-friendly sugar substitute is going to be your new best friend. I use it in a TON of my recipes and sing its praises on the regular!
Lakanto and Swerve are my two fave brands.
Tools To Make
Here’s whatcha need to make this low carb ice cream bites recipe:
- A metal bowl. PRO TIP: make sure it’s ICE COLD by popping it in the freezer 20 minutes before you make the whipped cream, this will make you whipping even easier.
- A whisk or mixer for whipping up that sweet goodness.
- A small bowl to melt the chocolate in
- A mold, to scoop the ice cream into. I use this one!
- Cooking sheet or plate to put the chocolate-dipped ice cream bites in the freezer.
You can store these bad boys in your fridge or freezer!
Want to make this low carb ice cream bites recipe your own?! Here are some ideas on how to do that:
- Add fruit powders! Never heard of them? They’re just freeze-dried fruit in powder form. They’re genius because they add awesome color and fruity flavor. I like using powdered low carb fruits, such as: raspberries (sooo delish with chocolate!), strawberry, or blackberries.
- Add nuts. Add some additional protein with some low carb nuts! Some of my faves? Pecans, walnuts, peanuts, almonds… get nutty!
- Use cream cheese instead of heavy cream. Ala cheesecake fat bombs, cream cheese adds a deliciously tangy and sweet flavor. Check out my cream cheese fat bombs for some sweet inspiration!
- Use different kinds of chocolate. Chocolate lovers unite! Add your go-to, whether it’s low carb dark chocolate or sugar free white chocolate, or milk chocolate as I used here.
- Don’t forget about extracts… You can change the flavor profile of your whipped cream to whatever you are craving! Mint, orange, vanilla, etc. Go crazy, it’s so fun to try different ones out!
Low Carb Ice Cream BitesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Combine heavy cream and erythritol in a metal bowl using the whisk attachment of an electric mixer -- option to place the bowl and mixing attachment in the freezer for 20 minutes before starting (will make whipping the heavy cream easier!).
- Whisk until cream reaches soft peaks.
- Scoop whipped cream into mold or a muffin tin pan lined with liners.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or until you're able to remove the whipped cream from the mold in one piece.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together in a small bowl (I do this in the microwave using 30-second intervals).
- You'll want to work quickly after pulling ice cream bites out of the freezer. If they become difficult to work with, place back in the freezer.Dip each piece of whipped cream in the melted chocolate, and place on a cooking sheet. Once you've dipped all the whipped cream pieces, place cookie sheet in the freezer until the chocolate sets.
- Store in the freezer and enjoy!
I will never dessert you (hah, get it?!)! Try out these other sweet treats to indulge your sweet tooth:
- Yogurt Popsicles. Greek yogurt and fruit make for the BEST popsicles!
- Low Carb Fudge. This microwave fudge is SO easy!
- Low Carb Chocolate Ice Cream. A few extra steps give you the perfect, scoopable treat.
- Lemon Fat Bombs. Similar to these, but loaded with citrus.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs. What’s not to love?!
I hope you love this low carb ice cream bites recipe as much as I do. Psst, it’s an awesome recipe to do with kiddos.
Leave a comment for me in the comment section below and let me know what you think! Enjoy!