I’ve officially found the secret to every man’s heart: bacon butter.
Because there are few things in this world more lovable than bacon or butter. Combine the two and you’ve got the most delicious spread for toasted low carb bread, veggies, and steaks alike.
I know this is one of those low carb recipes that seems totally glutinous, but that’s only because you haven’t tried this compound butter yet…
So grab your food processor and let’s make your new favorite kitchen staple!
It’s bacon and butter, 2 of the best ingredients in the WORLD! And…
- Crazy easy to make, although this minor upgrade makes you seem like a pro in the kitchen.
- I’m always craving bacon, but I don’t always want to go through the trouble of making it. With bacon butter, that problem is solved!
- It makes everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, taste better. Even veggies, SERIOUSLY!
- You more than likely already have these ingredients in the fridge. Winning.
Seriously, there’s not much to this super simple bacon butter…
Bacon – Adjust the amount of bacon you use based on how bacon-y you’d like your butter to be! Start with 8 cooked slices, and work your way up. Feel free to use thick-cut, apple smoked, whatever.
Butter – I prefer unsalted butter here.
Herbs – Chives add a pop of crisp freshness to this butter. Feel free to swap with whatever herbs you prefer.
Tools To Make
A few basic kitchen tools, such as:
- Skillet to cook and crisp your bacon. You can also cook your bacon in the oven or microwave, but I’ll leave that up to you
- Food processor is the best way to fully incorporate the ingredients here. The trick is to use 1-second intervals when pressing the “pulse” button — this will allow ingredients to settle before they start to mix again.
Store leftover butter bacon in the fridge! Although so not a single ounce goes to waste, I strongly suggest you…
Can You Freeze This?
Yup! I always freeze compound butter in small baggies — in fact, you can freeze this in an ice cube tray, pop them out, and place them all in a large resealable baggie for pre-portioned servings.
Use this bacon butter in place of regular butter wherever you see fit!
- The obvious vehicle for our butter is a fluffy biscuit, low carb biscuit or slice of toast. Top that with a fried egg for a match made in heaven.
- Spreading it over your favorite grilled low carb vegetables or add a chunk to the pan before you saute them.
- How about a slab of this butter on steak?
Get creative with your bacon butter, and add whatever ingredients you think will complement your meal!
Simply toss whatever else you’re craving into the blender as you combine your ingredients. A few ideas are:
- Jalapenos — use very little at first!
- Maple syrup — since I wanted to keep this bacon butter keto-friendly, I skipped this ingredient.
- Bourbon — with maple syrup? Yes, please!
- Different Herbs — Add cilantro, thyme, rosemary, whatever combination of flavors would compliment your dish!
- Bacon fat butter — Add a tablespoon of bacon fat to the butter for a more spreadable combo.
Do ya’ll love dips and sauces as much as we do?? Here are a few more recipes that are just as delicious:
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Low Carb Bbq Sauce
- Low Carb Pizza Sauce
- Low Carb Spaghetti Sauce
- Mustard Vinaigrette
Bacon ButterPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 8-10 Slices Bacon
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 12 Sprigs Chives
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon (8-10 slices) over medium heat. Place cooked bacon on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add bacon, unsalted butter (1/2 cup), and chives (12 sprigs) to a food processor.
- Using 1 second intervals, "pulse" the butter ingredients together until the chives and bacon have reached your desired size — make sure to clean the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula every few pulses.
- Store butter in the fridge, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Nutritional information is based on 1/16 of this recipe, which will vary depending on how much bacon you use, roughly 1 tablespoon: