Sometimes a plate just needs a little somethin’ extra. Next time you need a pop of flavor—try this garlic parmesan sauce. A little of this sauce is guaranteed to make your next snack, sandwich, or grill extra tasty.
True story—your new favorite sauce was inspired by these classic garlic parmesan wings.
It’s a Dip! It’s a Spread!
It’s parmesan garlic sauce! And it adds creamy, garlicky goodness—whatever you decide to call it. Lemon zest adds a brightness that brings everything together and takes this sauce over the top.
This sauce is indeed inspired by a chicken wing. We love garlic parmesan wings at our house. Can’t get enough. Naturally, I decided that we needed a dunk-able sauce version. Same irresistible flavors, but this time for chicken tenders! MmmHmm. You’re welcome.
Turns out, it’s good on lots of other things too. Spread extra flavor on sandwiches and wraps. Dip some veggie, dunk those chicken tenders! Wake up leftovers, drizzle on grilled meat, slather on some salmon.
Spread. Dip. Dunk. Drizzle. Slather.
One Sauce. Endless possibilities.
- Mayonnaise – this is the base of our sauce, so use a quality product here. I love Primal Kitchen’s avocado oil mayo.
- Parmesan cheese – same as above, a quality parmesan will make all the difference. Skip the shelf-stable products and go for something freshly grated.
- Heavy cream – helps to thin the sauce while keeping it creamy.
- Garlic – fresh garlic is key here! Garlic powder doesn’t have the same fresh flavor. Be sure to mince garlic well before adding it in.
- Lemon juice – a touch of acid makes it even better.
Stir it all together and give it a taste! Feel free to add salt, more pepper, or garlic as needed.
How to Use Garlic Parmesan Sauce
Again, the possibilities are endless. Here are a few ways we like to use it:
- Veggie dipping sauce, think sliced carrots, celery, and cherry tomatoes.
- Dunk for grilled chicken breasts, keto fried chicken, or even simple meat like pork chops.
- Roasted veggie sauce for broccoli or cauliflower.
- Pizza sauce, even for my keto pizza crust!
- French fries, keto french fries, or roasted potatoes.
- Spread on burgers, sandwiches, and lettuce wraps.
What about a pasta sauce?
This sauce is mayo-based and not the best for pasta. If you’re looking for a garlic parmesan sauce pasta option, I suggest checking out my this recipe — it’s a garlic parmesan butter sauce, that’s totally pasta ready!
Or a parmesan garlic wing sauce?
This is the perfect creamy garlic parmesan sauce recipe to use as a dip for chicken wings instead of ranch or blue cheese. If you’re looking for a garlic parmesan wing sauce to coat the wings, I’d suggest this recipe instead. (you basically melt unsalted butter over medium heat and saute the garlic. Then stir in the parmesan and lemon peel. Think less creamy/saucy.)
More Dips + Sauces
Garlic Parmesan SaucePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to blend. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes: