If it’s Tuesday, you can be sure it’s time to break out the low carb taco seasoning! Did you know there’s sugar added to most store-bought taco seasoning?
Friends, just, no. There’s a reason we make low carb recipes, and it’s not going to get hijacked!
When you’re cooking up some taco recipes, this seasoning recipe will be your best friend. All the same flavors, none of the carbs.
This spicy low carb taco seasoning will give your tacos just the kick you’re looking for, plus:
- This is the PERFECT combination of traditional spices you probably have laying around!
- Way less expensive than buying a packet at the store!
- Ready in 5 minutes, maybe less!
- Adds TONS of flava to every meal.
You’re going to be blown away when you realize just how simple it is to make your own low carb taco seasoning!
It’s just ground spices, you guys! This is easy as pie!
Chili powder – This can come in a few different varieties, so be aware of how spicy powder is (ask me how I know, ha!) Chipotle peppers tend to be spicier than Ancho blends. And cayenne is a whole different ingredient, so leave that for another recipe.
I recommend sticking with a mild meld (I like Trader Joe’s brand!) and adding heat later. That way you can mix and match to your taste.
Onion powder – Onion powder tends to clump. Break it up with a fork or buzz it in a spice grinder if it’s really caked.
Red pepper flakes – This blend of dried pepper flesh and seeds is gonna add the heat to your dish, so go easy on it. You can even leave this out if you have more sensitive stomachs.
Store this low carb taco seasoning mix in an airtight container, like a mason jar. Keep a few dry beans in there too to absorb any excess moisture.
SO many ways to enjoy this taco seasoning recipe… to name a few:
- Use this to flavor traditional filling for tacos, or for a low carb taco casserole.
- I use this same seasoning in my low carb taco soup, and for ground chicken tacos.
- This low carb taco seasoning is perfect for making meat to add to a low carb taco salad!
- You can also add this seasoning to some sour cream to make a delicious, clean dressing for a healthy taco salad.
- This low carb taco seasoning is great for flavoring all sorts of breads!
Really, if it’s taco flavored in any way, this is the seasoning mix for you!
Need to swap out an ingredient? Want to use this on something else? Read on!
- Make it spicier. You can increase the heat on this low carb taco seasoning by adding more red pepper flakes. You can also add a few shakes of cayenne if you really want to amp up the sweat factor!
- Make it milder. Same as above, but in reverse. Ha! Leave out the red pepper flakes entirely for a low carb taco seasoning that has all the flavors you love in Mexican food, with less heat.
Now you have the seasoning, need some ideas for dips and sauces? Check out all of these ideas!
- Low Carb Pizza Sauce
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Mustard Vinaigrette
- Low Carb Spaghetti Sauce
- Bacon Butter
Low Carb Taco SeasoningPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes Add more/less depending on how spicy you like your seasoning!
- 2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
- Store in an airtight jar, enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- How to Use. I use 3 Tablespoons of this taco seasoning per 1 lb of meat.
- Serving Size, 1 Serving is around 1/2 Tablespoon: