Eating low carb can often feel like you have to miss out on special treats, but this low carb cream cheese frosting is here to say NO WAY!
This simple and easy low carb recipes the perfect example of how eating low carb can be just as delicious!
Once you taste this creamy, fluffy icing, you’ll be busy dreaming up recipes to dress it up with! I can see it now – endless rows of low carb desserts, piped with decadent designs!
We’ll create a dessert revolution – beginning with this cream cheese frosting. Let’s get started!
This low carb cream cheese frosting is the perfect accompaniment for basically every dessert recipe, plus:
- Just 4 simple, everyday ingredients!
- Ready in minutes!
- The dreamy delicious flavor and textures of icing, without the carbs!
This low carb frosting is so easy, you’ll laugh! Here are a few tips to keep it simple:
I’ll bet you didn’t know frosting comes from super basic ingredients! You’ll never buy it at the store again!
The base – Butter + cream cheese! At room temperature, this low carb cheese and butter are very pliable, and make for the perfect frosting!
The sweetener – The recipe below calls for allulose, which is a different sweetener than I usually use!
TBH, I prefer allulose to erythritol, however it’s not as easy to find and can be more expensive. I find allulose has a better texture in cold recipes (hence why I strongly recommend using it here!), whereas erythritol has a tendency to recrystallize and become gritty.
You can use either of these keto sweeteners here.
Don’t have powdered that on hand? You can pulse granulated in a VERY DRY blender a few times and voila – powdered erythritol!
Tools To Make
You only need ONE simple tool for this quick frosting: an electric mixer, to cream our ingredients together into a velvety frosting!
Because of the dairy products, you’ll want to store this low carb cream cheese frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You may want to let it soften a little before spreading on soft and cooled baked goods.
This low carb cream cheese frosting recipe is just the beginning – try some of these creative variations!
- Make a chocolate version by adding 2-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder. You can also stir in some low carb chocolate chips for some double chocolate action.
- Swap the vanilla and add whatever extract compliments your dessert. Peppermint, orange, lemon, you name it.
- Add some fruit powder such as strawberry or blueberry for a colorful version. Similar to these strawberry cheesecake fat bombs, but in frosting form.
Low Carb Cream Cheese FrostingPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1 1/3 Cup Confectioners Allulose
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Use an electric mixer to cream ingredients together until completely lump-free and fluffy.
- Store in the fridge until ready to use, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Excited to spread this lush and low carb cream cheese frosting all over your desserts? The only real struggle will be knowing which one to make first. Take a look!
- Cheesecake Fat Bombs. These are basically mini cheesecake bites!
- Low Carb Pecan Pie. My favorite pie recipe.
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies. Believe it or not, these cookies are loaded with protein!
- Sugar Free White Chocolate. Whether you think white chocolate is chocolate or not, you’ll LOVE this!
This low carb cream cheese frosting is the stuff dessert dreams are made of! Comment below with the first tasty treat you’re pairing it with!