This low carb zucchini bread is the moistest, most delicious, and addicting low carb bread that your meal plan needs a LOT more of!
Enjoy a slice of this almond flour recipes sweet and chocolate dotted deliciousness for breakfast, dessert, or for low carb snacks. Smother it in cream cheese, or heat it up and eat it plain. Either way, you’ll thank me!
Did I mention this low carb recipes as easy to make as combining the ingredients and baking them in the oven? Only 15 minutes of work here friends… Let’s start!
It’s low carb and it’s zucchini bread for goodness sake! I also love that it…
- Is made from a handful of low carb staples, no hard to find ingredients here! If you’ve done any low carb baking, you’ve got everything you need for this low carb zucchini bread recipe
- Is ridiculously moist, fluffy, and delicious… 3 words you wouldn’t expect to describe a low carb bread recipe, but IT’S TRUE!
- So stinking easy to make. It’s a mix, bake and eat sort of recipe.
Not much to this low carb zucchini bread! Here’s what you should know:
Flour – My low carb flour of choice is almond flour, as it’s most similar to traditional wheat flour in taste, texture, and mouthfeel.
Be sure to purchase fine-grained almond flour such as Bob’s Red Mill or Trader Joe’s brand, as the smaller grain size will make a big difference in the texture of this bread!
Psyllium husk – This is what adds “fluff” to our bread, while binding ingredients together and making them more bread-like. I only suggest using NOW powdered psyllium husk, as other brands are known to turn baked good a blue-ish purple.
Sweetener – Lakanto and Swerve are my erythritol based keto sweeteners of choice. If you’re using plain erythritol, keep in mind that it is 70% as sweet as these products, so you may want to increase the amount you use.
Sugar free chocolate chips – These are optional, but if you’re going for a sweet loaf of low carb zucchini bread, they’re an amazing addition!
If you’ve got extra time, you can always whip up your own low carb chocolate, if not, grab a bag of Lily’s chocolate chips!
Zucchini – What gives zucchini recipes like this the moist and delicious texture is, well, zucchini! You’ll want to grate it with a cheese grater and dab off some of the excess liquid.
Tools To Make
Nothing too fancy! Just a:
- Cheese grater to grate the zucchini
- Bowl to mix the ingredients
- An 8″ bread pan. Believe it or not, this bread pan size is important if you want your loaf of low carb zucchini bread to achieve the same height as the photos here — even a 9″ bread pan will yield a significantly shorter loaf!
Store any leftover low carb zucchini bread you may have in the fridge. I like to slice it and store the slices in individual resealable baggies for low carb snacks on the go.
This loaf does great in the freezer as well, just be sure to slice before freezing.
I love to toast up a slice of this low carb zucchini bread and enjoy it with my morning coffee… It’s great on its own, but also great with a generous slather of low carb peanut butter!
As with most baked goods, there are only a few ways to get creative with this low carb zucchini bread, as you want to keep your base ingredients as is.
- Add low carb fruits such as raspberries or blueberries (ala low carb blueberry muffins!).
- Add nuts. Looking for a little crunch? Chop up your favorite low carb nuts and stir them into the batter. You can also top your bread with a nut-based streusel.
- Add extracts. Extracts are low carb and a great way to steer this loaf in a totally different flavor direction… try vanilla, coconut, or banana for a low carb banana bread or low carb banana muffins.
- Make a savory version by simply skipping the sweetener and chocolate chips — your almond flour bread will maintain that awesome texture (thank you zucchinis!) and will be perfect for sandwiches. Looking for more savory bread? Check out this soul bread recipe.
- Make muffins. Simply pour the batter into a muffin tin pan lined with liners for zucchini low carb muffins! Check out these low carb pumpkin muffins for more squash based deliciousness.
Low Carb Zucchini BreadPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line an 8" bread pan with parchment paper.
- Place grated zucchini in paper towels, to lightly remove some of the liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add hot water. Use a rubber spatula to combine.
- Add eggs, and melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Add zucchini and chocolate chips and stir one last time.
- Pour batter into prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes.
- Allow bread to slightly cool in pan before slicing. If you slice into the bread, and the center is still a bit wet, place in the microwave using 30 second intervals. Enjoy!
Since you’ve already made this low carb zucchini bread recipe, you’ve got the ingredients to make a handful of other low carb bread recipes! To name a few…
- Low Carb Pumpkin Bread. Another squash that yields a super moist loaf!
- Low Carb Cinnamon Rolls. Crazy fluffy and cinnamony!
- Low Carb Hamburger Buns. Why eat lettuce-wrapped burgers?
- Low Carb Tortillas. Pliable and perfect for all your taco cravings.
- Low Carb Wraps. My workweek hero.
I hope you love this low carb zucchini bread recipe as much as we do. Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think! Enjoy!