Almond Flour Sugar CookiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Servings :24 Servings
Icing (Christmas Variation):
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below)
- Water as needed
Rate this Recipe
- Place erythritol (1/2 cup), almond flour (1 1/2 cups), baking powder (1/2 teaspoon) and salt (1/4 teaspoon) in a large bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Add melted butter (5 tablespoons), large egg (1) and vanilla extract (1 teaspoon) to the bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, thoroughly combine.
- Lay a piece or plastic wrap on your countertop.
- Place the dough in a ball in the center of the plastic wrap, then press on the top of your dough to form a disk.
- Place in the fridge for 6 hours - overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper
- Roll the dough using a rolling pin between two sheets of parchment paper until the dough becomes 1/4” thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes. Form excess dough into a disk and place in the fridge for 20 minutes before rolling/cutting again (this will make it easier to use).
- Gently place cookies on a cookie sheet (I do this using an super thin spatula) and bake in the center rack of the oven for 7-9 minutes, or until the edges become lightly golden.
- Allow to cool, the cookies will continue to harden as they cool.
- Place powdered erythritol (1/4 cup) in a small bowl.
- Add water using ¼ teaspoon increments until it’s created a paste.
- Place into a resealable bag and cut a small hole in the tip.
- Decorate your cooled cookies and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Almond Flour. Using fine-grained almond flour will yield the most "flour-like" results. My favorite brands are Bob's Red Mill, Trader Joe's, or Costco brands.
- Chocolate. I love Lily's chocolate chips for this (they make dark, semi-sweet, and milk) but you can always make your own low carb chocolate by following my recipe!
- Lakanto, Swerve, or Erythritol. I stick to Lakanto and Swerve which are a 1:1 swap with traditional sugar. If using a different brand of Erythritol, keep in mind it's 70% as sweet as sugar, so you may need to add more to taste.
Calories: 63kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 6gCholesterol: 13mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gNet Carbs: 1g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website/blog is strictly prohibited.