If you love cookies as much as I do, then I’ve got just the recipe for you: Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Cookies make the world go round. Bring up wonderful memories,
Fast forward to my life today. I hardly ever eat cookies.
When I do, I savor every single crumb of that cookie. It’s a treat, not a meal for god sakes!
So back to these cookies… O man… they’re incredible.
If you like cookies (if you’ve read this far I assume you do) and you’re grain free, then get ready, because this recipe is about to become your newest “gotta have a goodie” staple.
We all crave sweets. So why not eat sweets that are a little more nutritious?
This recipe combines some of the best tasting dessert fixings with nutrition out there, especially when compared to most junk food.
With every bite, the flavors in these cookies will take your taste buds on a wondrous journey. The sweet coconut grabs your attention, then the crunchy texture of the almonds, finally the melted chocolate… O my!!!
I love this recipe as it’s the perfect way to use my leftover almond pulp! If you’re anything like me, you can’t start the day without almond milk…
So you’re constantly soaking, blending and straining almonds, leaving you with more almond meal than you can possible stuff into your fridge or freezer.
For some crazy reason, the thought of wasting even just a spoonful of this precious almond pulp is enough to send me into a tizzy!
Ergo, I’m constantly searching for new ways to put my almond meal to use.
Trust me, this recipe is the best I’ve found! It’s so good that I’d even be willing to purchase almond meal from the store (that’s big time for me) just to make these cookies.
I pulled this recipe from one of the most inspiring cookbooks I own, The Sprouted Kitchen : A Tastier Take on Whole Foods.
The goal of Sara (author and blogger of The Sprouted Kitchen) is to share delicious recipes using ingredients in their purest, most natural form.
At the end of the day, I think this is what everyone’s goal should be! So thank you Sprouted Kitchen for your inspiration and absolutely incredible cookies 🙂
Save Your Favorite Recipes!Create an account and save all your favorite recipes for easy access!
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here we go. Pour yourself a nice glass of milk (try our coconut milk recipe here), and enjoy a few of these delicious, grain free, nutritionally conscious almond flour chocolate chip cookies!
Let us know what you think in the comments below 🙂
Almond Flour Chocolate Chips Cookies with Coconut
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (almond meal (or Almond Flour), dark chocolate, shredded coconut, baking powder, salt and sugar)
- In a small bowl, beat egg until it doubles in size and becomes a consistent color
- Stir the coconut oil and vanilla into the egg
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until they’re just combined
- Let this combination chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or even overnight
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Grease a baking sheet (I used melted coconut oil)
- Shape the dough into 1″ balls with about 1 1/2″ of space between each
- Press the balls down slightly to flatten
- Bake these cookies for 7-10 minutes, you will see the edges start to brown
- Let the cookies cool before serving, and enjoy!