I am SO EXCITED to introduce you to my low carb peanut butter cookies!
Have you been looking for some new, yummy low carb recipes that are also healthy recipes? Look no further than this peanut buttery, decadent low carb snacks.
Forget all those refined sugar bomb PB cookies, these low carb cookies are every bit as DELISH! Low carb peanut butter cookies make for fantastic low carb desserts, snacks, you name it! Plus, they’re packed with protein to fill you up, without all the extra junk added.
Whip up a batch (or two) today!
When it comes to low carb peanut butter cookies, what’s not to love? Here are some positives about this recipe:
- They’re nutritionally cleaner and low in carbs, void of refined sugar and gluten free! Soooo, you can feel good about eating more than one of them! 😉
- Being a total peanut butter fan, I loveeee its salty and smooth flavor, especially when it’s in a cookie!
- There are only a few ingredients and you most likely already have a lot of them on hand! No additional trip to the grocery store? Score!
- In only 20 minutes you can prep, cook and eat these bad boys!
- Customize them to your liking! You can easily add keto-friendly chocolate, unsweetened coconut flakes, a low-carb Nutella, frosting, a low-carb jelly, etc. The possibilities are endless!
Here’s everything you need to know to make my low carb peanut butter cookies. Put your apron on and let’s get to baking!
Here’s the scoop on everything you’ll need!
Brown Erythritol: A better for you, low carb substitute for brown sugar. It’s diabetes friendly and doesn’t spike your blood sugar.
Low Carb Peanut Butter: Be sure to check labels to make sure that the one you get is, in fact, low carb. There are a lot out there that contain unnecessary sugar.
Peanut Flour: A fab gluten free flour that is PACKED with protein! In case you don’t know much about it: peanut flour is essentially, partially defatted peanuts made by grinding peanuts into a paste, then pressing the paste to extract the oil — the end result is a product with significantly less fat and more protein than most low carb flour. Protein Plus is one of my go-to’s!
Baking Soda + Vanilla + Salt – These are all baking staples that you most likely already have in your pantry. If not, go pick them up, you’ll use them like crazy in my other baking recipes!
My biggest tip and (the hardest one) about these low carb peanut butter cookies is that they must be completely cooled on the cookie tray before you remove them. Otherwise, they will crumble and you don’t want crumbled cookies…
Although, if they do crumble, you could use them as a topping on your favorite low carb ice cream. I’m all about re-purposing leftovers!
Once cooled, store the low carb peanut butter cookies in an air-tight container or plastic bag in the fridge or freezer for low carb snacks to come!
Can You Freeze Them?
Yes, you can freeze them! I looooove to freeze cookies to enjoy another day without having to make them all over again! It’s the perfect treat when you get a cookie monster craving!
These low carb sweet snacks are addictingly delicious on their own!! But if you’d like to mix things up a tad, here are some healthy recipes options:
- Use other kind of low carb flour. you can absolutely sub peanut flour for almond flour! Almond flour peanut butter cookies are amazing as well, but their nutritional breakdown will change a bit (more fat, less protein)
- Add chocolate. Try mixing in some sugar free chocolate chips, or chopped low carb nuts. get nutty!
- Add Frosting. Make these cookies work for you.I love using peanut butter frosting in my low carb Nutter Butter cookies.Use that frosting and spread a dollop on top of these bad boys! You can also check out my sugar-free frosting used in these almond flour sugar cookies. Frost to your cravings!
Low Carb Peanut Butter CookiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 1/4 Cup Golden Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below) lightly packed
- 1 Cup Low Carb Peanut Butter unsalted**
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Flour I use Protein Plus Peanut Flour*
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together erythritol, peanut butter and eggs.
- Add in the peanut flour, baking soda, vanilla and salt, and mix to combine.
- Form cookie dough into 18 round disc, and place 2” apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Use a fork to press the cookies down into ½” thickness, while creating a criss-cross pattern on top.
- Toss cookies in preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on the tray completed before removing (they’ll fall apart if you try to move them too soon). Option to sprinkle with salt, and enjoy!
If you’re a cookie lover like me, check out these additional delectably delicious healthy cookies:
- Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies. Buttery, biscuity, deliciousness!
- Low Carb Cream Cheese Cookies. The softest cookies you’ll ever eat!
- Low Carb Snickerdoodles. Cinnamon and spice make everything nice.
- Low Carb Gingerbread Cookies. You’ve gotta make them for Santa…
- Low Carb Snowball Cookies. What are the holidays without some tasty treats (low carb style!).
I am hoping to bake your day a little better with my low carb peanut butter cookies! Try them out and comment on the results below! Enjoyyy!