If you haven’t tried my creamy peanut butter fat bombs, prepare yourself (and your stomach!) for these unforgettable low carb snacks! I crave sweets as much as the next girl and these low carb recipes do not disappoint.
Just because you’re maintaining a low carb lifestyle, doesn’t mean you have to give up on treats! These peanut butter fat bombs are a testament to that!
They’re ARMED (hah, get it?!) with only 6 ingredients that fill you up, indulge your sweet tooth, taste like low carb candy and are one of those fat bombs you can rely on time and time again!
Let’s dive in…
These peanut butter fat bombs are soooo good, here’s why:
- The ingredients are off the charts! Whipping cream, butter, creamy peanut butter AND chocolate?!?! Are you kidding me!??! AND they’re LOW carb?!? Get in my belly!
- You can make extra and store them for a rainy day! Is there anything better than pre-made low carb sweet snacks?! Aaaand pre-made snacks that also moonlight as a dessert?! Yes, please.
- There is no baking required! ZEROOOOO!
- They’re ready for snacking in 30 minutes tops! That’s my kind of snacking! (They’re also such a fun summer snack since they are served straight out of the freezer!)
- Easily customize them to your liking or to whatever you have on hand! You do you! The options are truly endless!
Here’s the scoop on what you need to know to make my peanut butter fat bombs today:
Fat bombs are seriously trending in the low carb, keto world. Everyone has been buzzing about them because they’re like eating healthy desserts without the sugar crash!
My recipe’s ingredients are pretty straightforward, but I wanted to give you the lowdown on a couple of the following:
Peanut butter – Everyone knows this ingredient BUT just be sure to select an unsalted, low carb option to keep the sodium and carb counts down in this recipe. (Most store-bought brands have loads of added sugar, so read the labels!)
Erythritol – This is the holy grail for a refined sugar substitute. It brings in ZERO calories or sugar, making it my go-to sugar substitute!
Low Carb Chocolate – Don’t be fooled, not all sugar-free chocolate is low carb! Check the labels.
Tools To Make
You only need TWO things to make my BOMB peanut butter fat bombs! Without further ado…
- A mini muffin tray. You could also use small ramekins, just be sure to grease them first.
- Mini baking cups. I also love using these mini silicone baking cups. They’re earth-friendly, give my peanut butter fat bombs ridges on the sides like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (but better for you!) and make creating peanut butter fat bombs OH SO easy!
I mean, could they be ANY simpler to make?!?!
My peanut butter fat bombs are crazy delicious straight out of the freezer. You can also store them in the fridge to retain freshness for a couple of days too.
Can You Freeze These Healthy Snacks?
Yes, freezing these healthy snacks is what makes them solidify and ready to chow down! You can also leave them in the freezer until you’re ready to eat some healthy recipes deliciousness.
Like all good recipes, variety is key! Create your own fat bomb by getting some inspiration from the variations of my peanut butter fat bombs below:
Can I Add Cream Cheese?
Yes! Add cream cheese to make cream cheese fat bombs (cream cheese is the ideal fat for this type of snack!). Cream cheese will soften these fat bombs up a bit, so add some butter as well to help make them firm. You’ll also want to add a bit more sweetener if you plan to increase the fats in your recipe.
Other healthy fats that you can add: other nut/seed butters (peanuts, cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, tahini, etc) or coconut oil, dark chocolate, cocoa powder, avocados, etc. All of these options will bring healthy fats into this snack that make you feel full, longer!
Psst – Want to amp up the flavor into something more cake-like? Make cheesecake fat bombs! They are outta this world but leaps and bounds better for you than a classic cheesecake!
Can I Add Fruit?
For this particular recipe, most fruits would add too much liquid into the mix…
BUT, if you’re craving low carb fruits, consider making these strawberry cheesecake fat bombs instead! They are berry delicious, you won’t be able to eat just one of them. Don’t let your creativity stop at strawberries, add your fave fresh seasonal fruit or use frozen. Be creative and try different combinations!
Can I Add Citrus?
Squeeze the day, just not in this peanut butter fat bombs recipe… lemon and PB are not the ideal match together!
Can I Add Coconut?
GREAT IDEA, YES!! Coconut is delicious and one of my fave add-ins to recipes. Be sure to grab shredded and unsweetened coconut, and mix them into these fat bombs along with your chopped peanuts.
Or, if you’re looking for something with TONS of coconut flava, look no further than coconut fat bombs! They’re coco-nutty!
Peanut Butter Fat BombsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Line a mini muffin tin tray with mini baking cups. (You can also use a silicone mold for this*)
- Add butter, cream, and peanut butter to a small saucepan, and stir together as the ingredients melt (this can also be done in the microwave).
- Remove from heat and stir in erythritol, salt.
- Spoon into mini baking cups
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts evenly over the top, and gently press to adhere to them.
- Place muffin tin pan in the freezer until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Option to drizzle low carb chocolate over the top and sprinkle sea salt. Enjoy!
Looking for more low carb recipes?! These low carb desserts will blow you away!
- Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Cookie Dough Fat Bomb
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
- Low Carb No Bake Cookies
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
You are going to go nuts (peanuts!) over my low carb creamy, chocolatey, peanut butter fat bombs! Try my traditional ones or any of the variations above and let me know which was your favorite in the comments below! Enjoyy!