With coconut cream, almond butter, shredded coconuts, and chocolate, how could you possibly go wrong! Low carb candy that has the macro breakdown worthy of low carb snacks?! SIGN. ME. UP!
This is one of those low carb recipes that keeps me on track with my eating plan! Because it’s EASY to whip up (only 6 ingredients!), it’s mouthwateringly delish, AND, each chocolaty morsel is high fat, which will help tide you over between meals.
THAT’S RIGHT! Who said low carb eating had to be boring?! Let’s do this!
Other than being crazy yummy, this coconut fat bombs recipe is phenomenal because:
- It only takes 6 ingredients
- It’s sugar-free
- You can make them in large batches ahead of time
- It’s full of healthy fats that’ll tide you over!
Coconut fat bombs are easy to make, so no worries if you’ve never made them! You’ll be enjoying these goodies before you know it!
Coconut cream – To make this coconut fat bombs recipe richer, I use coconut cream. Coconut cream is thicker than coconut milk because there’s more coconut meat and less liquid. This is important to achieve the right consistency!
Coconut cream is my favorite low carb replacement for sweetened condensed milk (not as sweet, but we’ll take care of that next) — plus, it’s dairy-free!
Coconut cream is EASY to find at Trader Joes! Don’t have one near you? Grab a jar on Amazon.
Also, coconut cream fat bombs are not the same as coconut oil fat bombs, so check labels carefully before buying the ingredients.
Erythritol – I use granular erythritol, an amazing keto sweetener that has no effect on glucose or insulin levels. This means you can enjoy your low carb sweet snacks without spiking your blood sugar!
Shredded coconuts – The shredded coconuts provide an additional boost of coconut flavor and that lusciously flaky coconut texture.
Make sure to buy them UNSWEETENED to avoid any unwanted sugars. Again, I always buy a bag at Trader Joes.
Almond butter – Adds a slightly nutty touch to this recipe — it reminds me of Almond Joys (minus the sugar and carbs).
You can use peanut butter for this recipe (or any nut butter you have), however, I prefer almond butter as it has a more subtle flavor.
Tools To Make
The coconut fat bombs recipe only requires a few tools:
- 8×8 baking dish
- Small saucepan
- Double boiler (This is optional! Feel free to just use a bowl in the microwave.)
- Rimmed cookie sheet
Place fat bombs in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy cold. They’re super convenient to grab and go when you’re feeling hungry!
Can You Freeze Them?
If you make the coconut fat bombs recipe and feel like you have too many to eat, feel free to freeze them in a freezer-safe container! This will keep them fresh longer and stop you from eating them all at once. (We’ve all been there…)
Just make sure to let them thaw for a few minutes before you bite in!
We LOVE this coconut fat bombs recipe as is, but if you’ll looking for a few variations, here are a few suggestions:
- Add cream cheese. Cream cheese fat bombs are out of this world! If cream cheese is all you have on hand, feel free to use it instead of coconut cream. Just mix all the filling ingredients until they’re smooth — No need to reduce anything over the stove!
- Add low carb fruits (ie berries) are a delight that’ll make this coconut fat bombs recipe even tastier! I find freezer dried fruit works best here, as regular will add too much liquid into the mix. REALLY craving berries? Make these strawberry cheesecake fat bombs to curb your cravings instead!
- Add citrus. Lemon fat bombs will shock you with how wonderful the bright citrus pairs with coconut. Simply add some lemon zest or lemon juice when mixing in the shredded coconut. Lemon cheesecake fat bombs are also wonderful! Use cream cheese instead of coconut cream, and you’ll be struggling to not scarf all the fat bombs down in one sitting.
- Add peanut butter. Chocolate peanut butter fat bombs are ridiculously nutty and filling! Replace the almond butter with your favorite peanut butter brand. You can also check out my peanut butter fat bombs recipe to make a peanut butter snack that packs the full nutty punch!
Coconut Fat BombsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1 Cup Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below)
- 2 Tablespoons Almond Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 Cups Coconut shredded + unsweetened
- 1 Cup Low Carb Chocolate*
- Prepare an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add coconut cream and erythritol to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Allow the sauce to reduce/thicken until it's reached a caramel-like consistency and coats the back of a spoon (about 8-10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in almond butter and vanilla.
- Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Freeze until firm (about 20 minutes).
- Melt the low carb chocolate in a large bowl -- I do this using a double boiler, but you can also do this in the microwave.
- Cut the fat bombs into 9 pieces, and place them on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Pour melted chocolate over each slice.
- Place the fat bombs back in to fridge for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate sets. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Want to make a variety of low carb candy to have on hand? Here are some other astonishingly TASTY + EASY recipes:
- Chocolate Fat Bombs. The best way to treat yourself!
- Cookie Dough Fat Bomb. A sensational low carb, no-bake snack!
Nothing will quite make my week like this coconut fat bombs recipe! Make it once and you’ll be set with healthy snacks for days!
Let me know what you think in the comments below! How do you like coconuts and chocolate together? Have you tried using cream cheese?