Squeeze the day with this refreshingly sweet and tart lemon fat bombs recipe! Fats bombs are the ultimate in low carb recipes…
Most fat bombs are made with nut/seed butters, coconut oil (like this one!), cream cheese, dark chocolate, cocoa powder, avocados, etc. They’re called fat bombs because they incorporate healthy fats into the low carb desserts to keep you satiated between meals.
This recipe, in particular, is sooooo delicious, it’s like chowing down on low carb candy!
I love these bite-sized low carb snacks and I know you will too! BEWARE: they’re crazy addicting!
Fat bombs are the best but here’s why I love this lemon fat bombs recipe the most: (I have A TON of reasons, they’re just that finger-lickin’ good!!!)
- These fat bombs are BURSTING with flavor! The way the citrus of the lemon blends so perfectly with the coconut makes them taste like lemon coconut candies! Except they fill you up and don’t make your blood sugar levels go wacko!
- The ingredients are crazy simple and super minimal! Most likely, you already have all of them in your pantry! (If you don’t, buy them and know you’ll be using them all the time in my other recipes!)
- These are the ideal summer treat since all you have to do is put them in the freezer! There’s no baking whatsoever! I also love how cold they are when I eat them straight out of the freezer! Ahh, so refreshing!
- They’re so fast to make, super easy and ready in a jiffy! I’ll tell you though, the hardest part is waiting for them to harden in the freezer!
- I love how simple they are to customize! Use what you have with flavors that you love! The possibilities are endless! It’s fun to see what combinations work well together and which don’t!
- Because you must freeze them, it’s awesome to make a couple of batches at once to keep on hand for any time you get a sweets craving! There’s nothing better than loading these up in your freezer! Your whole house will love you for it!
If you know anyone following a keto lifestyle, I can almost guarantee they’re whipping up fat bombs on the regular! They’re a popular craze for a reason and they’re here to stay!
This is everything you need to know to make your very own lemon fat bombs recipe today:
While this recipe’s ingredients are pretty straightforward, here’s the scoop on a few of the ingredients you might not yet be familiar with:
Erythritol – This (in my opinion) is the best sugar substitute. It has ZERO calories or sugar, making it an optimal replacement for those with diabetes or those following a keto/low carb lifestyle!
Shredded Coconut – It’s important to grab UNSWEETENED! Sweetened coconut flakes are a surefire way to add loads of carbs to this recipe.
Tools To Make
This is what you’ll need to make this lemon fat bombs recipe:
- Food processor (you could also use a high powered blender too!)
- Baking sheet with parchment paper (You could also use a silicone baking mat. If you don’t have one, you should get one, you’ll thank me later! It’s fab investment in future kitchen baking!)
Taaaadaaaa, that’s it!
This lemon fat bombs recipe is best enjoyed straight outta the freezer (they’re soooo perfect on a hot day!) but you can also store them in the fridge for a couple of days too.
Can You Freeze These Healthy Snacks?
Yes, this lemon fat bombs recipe is meant to be frozen! Putting them in your freezer is what makes them solidify into perfect edible healthy snacks!
Have your fat bombs and eat them too! Any way you like them is the best way to eat them! Find some ideas below:
Can I Add Cream Cheese?
Oooh, these would be SO lemon fat BOMB if you add cream cheese to them! Cream cheese is a fantastic way to make cream cheese fat bombs because it makes such a creamy, decadent treat!
To make lemon cheesecake fat bombs, simply use cream cheese instead of the shredded coconut, and butter instead of coconut oil (butter has a higher melting temp to help balance out the cream cheese). They’ll be SO rich and dreamy!
Psst — If you’re more of a purist with your desserts, check out my cheesecake fat bombs!
Can I Add Berries and Other Low Carb Fruits?
Looking for even more fruit options? Strawberries are a great low carb option, since one medium strawberry only has .9 carbs.
Turn these into strawberry cheesecake fat bombs by tossing a few strawberries into the blender instead of your shredded coconut — check out my recipe to get the ratios down. Psst — this can be done with any of your favorite low carb fruits!
Can I Add Peanut Butter?
Peanut butter is another fantastic ingredient for getting fat into fat bombs! Personally, I’m not a fan of the lemon/peanut butter combo, so I’d opt for one flavor or the other…
Check out my peanut butter fat bombs, loaded with protein and nutty goodness! You’ll love them!
Can I Mix In Some Chocolate?
Now you’re talkin’ — everything tastes better with a little chocolate mixed in!
Mixing chocolate to make chocolate fat bombs takes this dessert to the next level and beyond! You can use this recipe and add a few teaspoons of cocoa powder (taste test as you mix to get the ratios to your liking). Or, check out my chocolate fat bombs recipe and add some lemon peel to that!
Another addicting dessert? Is the INSANE cookie dough fat bomb! There is no way you can have just one of these! Your inner cookie monster is guaranteed to come out!
Lemon Fat Bombs
- Coconut shredded + unsweetened
- Add coconut and coconut oil to food processor, and process until completely creamy and smooth.
- Scrape down the sides, then add lemon zest, erythritol, and sea salt. Combine until smooth.
- If adding the coating, prepare a large flat place by sprinkling the coconut flakes in a thin and even layer.
- Prepare a muffin tin pan with muffin liners
- Evenly distribute the fat bombs into 12 muffin liners.
- Sprinkle the tops with shredded, unsweetened coconut.
- Place in the freezer and allow to harden (about -- minutes).
If you want more fat bombs in your life, I totally GET YOU! Here are two that’ll keep you coming back for more!
Well, there you have it, everything you ever wanted or needed to know about this lemon fat bombs recipe!
Let me know in the comments how they turned out for you or if you have a different way you like to prepare yours! Enjoyyy!