Squeeze the day with this refreshingly sweet and tart lemon fat bombs recipe! Fats bombs are the ultimate in low carb recipes…
Most fat bombs are made with nut/seed butters, coconut oil (like this one!), cream cheese, dark chocolate, cocoa powder, avocados, etc. They’re called fat bombs because they incorporate healthy fats into the low carb desserts to keep you satiated between meals.
This recipe, in particular, is sooooo delicious, it’s like chowing down on low carb candy!
I love these bite-sized fat bombs and I know you will too! BEWARE: they’re crazy addicting!
Fat bombs are the best but here’s why I love this lemon fat bombs recipe the most: (I have A TON of reasons, they’re just that finger-lickin’ good!!!)
- These fat bombs are BURSTING with flavor! The way the citrus of the lemon blends so perfectly with the coconut makes them taste like lemon coconut candies! Except they fill you up and don’t make your blood sugar levels go wacko!
- The ingredients are crazy simple and super minimal! Most likely, you already have all of them in your pantry! (If you don’t, buy them and know you’ll be using them all the time in my other recipes!)
- These are the ideal summer treat since all you have to do is put them in the freezer! There’s no baking whatsoever! I also love how cold they are when I eat them straight out of the freezer! Ahh, so refreshing!
- They’re so fast to make, super easy and ready in a jiffy! I’ll tell you though, the hardest part is waiting for them to harden in the freezer!
- I love how simple they are to customize! Use what you have with flavors that you love! The possibilities are endless! It’s fun to see what combinations work well together and which don’t!
- Because you must freeze them, it’s awesome to make a couple of batches at once to keep on hand for any time you get a low carb sweet snacks craving! There’s nothing better than loading these up in your freezer! Your whole house will love you for it!
If you know anyone following a keto lifestyle, I can almost guarantee they’re whipping up fat bombs on the regular! They’re a popular craze for a reason and they’re here to stay!
This is everything you need to know to make your very own lemon fat bombs recipe today:
While this recipe’s ingredients are pretty straightforward, here’s the scoop on a few of the ingredients you might not yet be familiar with:
Erythritol – This (in my opinion) is the best sugar substitute. It has ZERO calories or sugar, making it an optimal replacement for those with diabetes or those following a keto/low carb lifestyle!
Shredded Coconut – It’s important to grab UNSWEETENED! Sweetened coconut flakes are a surefire way to add loads of carbs to this recipe.
Tools To Make
This is what you’ll need to make this lemon fat bombs recipe:
- Food processor (you could also use a high powered blender too!)
- Baking sheet with parchment paper (You could also use a silicone baking mat. If you don’t have one, you should get one, you’ll thank me later! It’s fab investment in future kitchen baking!)
Taaaadaaaa, that’s it!
This lemon fat bombs recipe is best enjoyed straight outta the freezer (they’re soooo perfect on a hot day!) but you can also store them in the fridge for a couple of days too.
Can You Freeze These Healthy Snacks?
Yes, this lemon fat bombs recipe is meant to be frozen! Putting them in your freezer is what makes them solidify into perfect edible healthy snacks!
More No Bake Dessert Recipes
If you want more no bake desserts in your life, I totally GET YOU! Here are two that’ll keep you coming back for more!
- Sugar Free White Chocolate
- Low Carb Cheesecake
- Low Carb Fudge
- Sugar Free Whipped Cream
- Keto Chia Pudding
Lemon Fat BombsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below) powdered
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest lightly packed (this was about 3 lemons for me!!)
- Add ingredients to a food processor and process until ingredients are liquid-like.
- Prepare your molds. I used a round silicone mold (which I LOVE!) if you'd rather not buy a new tool, prep a mini muffin tin pan with mini muffin liners.
- Evenly distribute fat bombs into your molds and place them in the freezer until firm (about 2 hours).
- Store in the fridge or freezer, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Lakanto, Swerve, or Erythritol. I stick to Lakanto and Swerve which are a 1:1 swap with traditional sugar. If using a different brand of Erythritol, keep in mind it's 70% as sweet as sugar, so you may need to add more to taste
- Molds. I used this silicone mold from Amazon!
- Storing. Store fat bombs in the freezer so they stay firm (and last longer!). Cream cheese based fat bombs stored in the fridge will get soft.
- Nutritional information is based on 1 fat bomb, if you divide this recipe into 18: