Everyone in my family agrees that this cream cheese fat bombs recipe one of the most DELISH low carb recipes on The Little Pine!
They’re great little low carb candy, that taste like a luscious slice of (you guessed it…) CHEESECAKE! Heck, you won’t even know these fat bombs are low in carbs once you sink your teeth into its delicious chocolate and cream cheese layers.
Plus, this low carb desserts loaded with fat to add some pep to your step, while helping you stay within your macros.
I know, I know — the name even sounds wrong – but they just taste SO right!
Let me show you…..
I absolutely love that this cream cheese fat bombs recipe is so rich and decadent. I feel like my eyes must roll into the back of my head every time I take a bite – they’re THAT good!
I also love that this recipe is so incredibly simple to make and there’s no need for any type of crazy gadgets. Sometimes, simple really is better!
This cream cheese fat bombs recipe is so totally easy to make that the kiddos can do it – unsupervised. Seriously though, you probably should keep an eye on them or there won’t be any left to go in the fridge for later.
Here are some other awesome qualities:
- Rich creamy texture
- Sweet decadent flavor
- Increases ketone levels
- A concentrated form of healthy fats
- Delicious low carb snack
- Super simple recipe
The best advice I can give you about making this cream cheese fat bombs recipe is don’t eat the batter while you’re mixing. You may resolve yourself to only taking a small ‘taste’ and before you know it, there are only 5 fat bombs to go in the fridge. No one is that strong and these babies are awesome!
Butter – is extremely low carb. It’s best to start with room temperature butter and cream cheese.
Some fat bomb recipes call for other fatty oils, but nothing beats the deep rich flavor of butter! Plus, butter has a higher melting temp which will help keep this cream cheese fat bombs recipe in a solid-state.
Cream cheese – is the other low carb food item that gives this cream cheese fat bombs recipe its smooth velvety texture and dreamy consistency. When making your keto fat bombs cream cheese flavored, be sure to choose a quality cream cheese you’d enjoy eating off the top of a bagel! My Mom always says this is one ingredient you NEVER buy in generic!
Sugar free chocolate chips – are full of that sugary sweet delicious cocoa we all know and love! Use your favorite homemade low carb chocolate recipe, or grab a bag of Lily’s Chocolate Chips from Amazon!
Sweetener – I use erythritol because it’s a zero-calorie diabetes friendly sweetener that doesn’t spike blood sugar. You’ll want powdered (or confectioner’s) erythritol for this recipe because it dissolves better without giving your low carb sweet snacks a gritty texture.
Unfortunately, powdered erythritol can be difficult to find. While it is becoming more popular, it isn’t exactly lining grocery store shelves just yet. I always grab a bag of Swerve Confectioners on Amazon. Or, you can buy the crystals and run them through the food processor or coffee grinder at home. Voila! Confectioner’s erythritol.
Tools To Make
Making this scrumptious cream cheese fat bombs recipe is so super simple. One of the best things about this recipe (besides the flavor) is its lack of complexity!
It’s literally a one-bowl wonder because that’s almost all you need!
- One large bowl to mix all the deliciousness.
- Rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Electric mixer to combine ingredients.
- Optional melon scooper to form dough balls.
- Baking sheet to freeze fat bombs.
Storing this cream cheese fat bombs recipe is as easy as tossing them in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container with a secure lid. These little babies need to be protected!
I prefer to store these healthy desserts in the freezer, that way I don’t eat too many in a sitting, and they remain nice and firm when you’re ready to eat them!
Can You Freeze These Healthy Snacks?
Oh yeah! Freezing these healthy recipes is a great way to keep them. They stay fresher longer and they stay firmer too.
If you prefer your healthy snacks to be more like ice cream consistency, try keeping them in the freezer. It is ‘da bomb!! (Pun intended – I couldn’t help myself.)
There are so many different things you can do with this cream cheese fat bombs recipe, you’re sure to find some incredible flavors that tickle your fancy! It only takes a subtle change to come up with a completely new or different flavor.
It can be something as small as using a different flavored extract or something as bold as adding your favorite nut butter.
Here are some ideas to get your creativity going:
Can I Add Strawberries?
Absolutely! Enjoy strawberry cheesecake fat bombs by mixing strawberry powder, or fresh strawberries into the mix.
If you go this route, I suggest using a food processor to incorporate the ingredients thoroughly. (Check out my recipe to keep the ratios right, too many strawberries will make this more liquidy!)
Can I Add Some Citrus Flavor?
Sure thing! If lemon fat bombs appeal to you, then make lemon cheesecake fat bombs that are tart AND sweet. There’s nothing better than a good lemon dessert with that perfectly balanced duo of ying and yang and just the right amount of sweetness — simply add some lemon peel, and you’ll be good to go!
Can I Add Peanut Butter?
Now we’re talking! Peanut butter fat bombs are finger-lickin’ fantastic! You can sub out the cream cheese for peanut butter (check out my recipe to get the ratios right) — keep the chocolate chips in the mix for chocolate peanut butter fat bombs!
I gotta’ say, chocolate peanut butter fat bombs put Reese’s peanut butter cups to shame. Once you make these little puppies, you’ll never even think about Reese’s again (you won’t miss them anyway)!
Can I Add Coconut?
Yup!! Add some shredded and unsweetened coconut into the cream cheese combo for coconut fat bombs that are totally great any time of the year. They make fantastic on the go snacks and even awesome movie night munchies.
Fat bombs are great for staying within your macros and increasing blood ketone levels.
Plus, they just taste so darn good! These amazing little desserts are so simple to make and great for sharing. Use them for food prep or for entertaining.
They taste so good guests will never know they’re eating healthy (and if they did, they wouldn’t care)! Here are some of my other favorite no bake desserts recipes for you to try:
- Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup
- Sugar Free White Chocolate
- Low Carb Fudge
- Sugar Free Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
Cream Cheese Fat BombsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Add unsalted butter (1/2 cup) and softened cream cheese (1 cup) to a large bowl, and cream together using an electric mixer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add erythritol (5 tablespoons) and vanilla (1/2 teaspoon). Continue to mix until erythritol has dissolved into the cream. Scrape the sides using a rubber spatula halfway through to ensure everything incorporates.
- Fold in Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (1/2 cup).
- Place bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes (this will make the "dough" easier to handle).
- Once chilled, form 20 small balls and place them on a baking sheet.
- Toss baking sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes before diving in, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Chocolate. I love Lily's chocolate chips for this (they make dark, semi-sweet, and milk) but you can always make your own low carb chocolate by following my recipe!
- Lakanto, Swerve, or Erythritol. I stick to Lakanto and Swerve which are a 1:1 swap with traditional sugar. If using a different brand of Erythritol, keep in mind it's 70% as sweet as sugar, so you may need to add more to taste.
- I prefer to stash my fat bombs in the freezer so they stay firm (and last longer!). Cream cheese based fat bombs stored in the fridge tend to get soft.
- Nutritional information is based on 1 ball, if you divide this recipe into 18 balls. It's calculated using Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips. Each fat bomb has 1.2 g sugar alcohols (from the erythritol + chocolate chips), which means each fat bomb contains 1.8 g NET carbs: