Sugar free white chocolate is one of the easiest and most delicious low carb desserts to throw together!
Which is great news considering store-bought sugar free white chocolate is hard to find and crazy expensive. It makes a delicious addition to all sorts of low carb recipes and is great low carb candy on its own.
So, whether or not you think white chocolate is chocolate or just a sweet treat, I know you’re going to love this low carb chocolate recipe! So grab your double boiler and let’s get mixin’!
It’s white chocolate, without the sugar! So many reasons to love this recipe, including:
- It makes the creamiest white chocolate that just melts in your mouth with every bite!
- It’s crazy easy… all you have to do is melt the ingredients together.
- It’s great to stash in the freezer so you always have sugar free white chocolate when you get a craving.
Seriously, friends, you’re only a few minutes and ingredients away from this sugar free white chocolate! Here’s what you’ll need:
Most of these ingredients are hard to find in stores, so I suggest buying them on Amazon:
Cocoa Butter is a necessity for any chocolate recipe! Be sure to buy food-grade cocoa butter.
Sweetener. You can sub in any of the keto sweeteners you prefer here — just be sure to use powdered as granular will add a gritty texture to your sugar free white chocolate.
Powdered Heavy Cream. Traditionally, powdered milk is used to make white chocolate — but, to save ourselves some carbs, we’ll be using powdered heavy cream. This adds the delicious creamy texture to our sugar free white chocolate.
Lecithin is critical in emulsifying and stabilizing ingredients that otherwise wouldn’t blend. Technically you can make chocolate without lecithin, but the ingredients will separate as they cool, leaving a tasteless layer on top and an overly sweet section on the bottom, so I STRONGLY recommend using it!
If you’d like to save a few bucks on ingredients, skip the lecithin and pour your partially cooled sugar free white chocolate into a food processor. Run the machine for a few before pouring the melted ingredients into their mold. This process isn’t perfect, but it helps a ton!
Tools to Make
Just a few simple tools are needed to make this!
- Double boiler – This is the best way to melt the cocoa butter!
- Chocolate mold – I use this one, but feel free to use whatever you have. You can also use a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper to turn this into a low carb chocolate bark.
I store these low carb chocolate bars in the fridge or freezer, as they melt easily in warm temps.
Confession: I use the freezer to prevent myself from eating the entire sugar free white chocolate bar in one sitting!
I love stashing this chocolate in the fridge and enjoying it on its own! But if you’re looking for something more extravagant, here are some ideas:
- Chop up the cooled white chocolate and add it to low carb cookies, low carb brownies, or low carb ice cream.
- Dice it up, and add it to trail mix. Or dip some nuts (thinking almonds) in it as it cools.
- Make a bark! Mix in ideas below…
Alright, below I share a BASIC sugar free white chocolate recipe. NOW, let’s turn this into the candy bar of your dreams:
- Add freezer dried fruits. I usually buy these low carb fruits at Trader Joes, they’re lower in carbs than dried fruits (they OFTEN don’t contain added sugars!). Turn this into a strawberry cheesecake fat bombs bar with strawberries — blackberries and raspberries are delicious too.
- Add peanut butter. The easiest way to add low carb peanut butter here is to make Reese’s cups with the melted white chocolate using a muffin tin pan and liners! Check out my chocolate peanut butter fat bombs for tips and techniques.
- Make sugar free chocolate chips by adding the melted chocolate into a resealable bag. Snip a small hole in the tip and form small chips on a parchment paper-lined tray.
- Mix in some nuts! I love chopped and salted low carb nuts here, or shredded/unsweetened coconut.
- Use unsweetened whey protein powder instead of heavy cream powder. Using low carb protein powder makes for significantly less creamy chocolate, but adds a handful of protein if that’s what you’re looking for.
Sugar Free White ChocolatePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 Ounces Food-Grade Cocoa Butter food grade
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below)
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lecithin Sunflower or Soy
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Prepare a double boiler (I use a pot with water and a heat safe bowl over the top).
- Add cocoa butter, and lecithin to double boiler and melt together.
- Remove from heat and add powdered erythritol and heavy cream.
- Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour into mold sugar free white chocolate mold and refrigerate until it's solid.
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Can’t get enough of the low carb sweet stuff? Me neither! Here are a few more of my faves:
- Low Carb Fudge. This microwave fudge is one of the easiest recipes, EVER!
- Chocolate Fat Bombs. Similar to a crunch bar.
- Cream Cheese Fat Bombs. Basically, cheesecake bites studded with chocolate chips.
- Low Carb Dark Chocolate. Bite sized pieces of joyyy!
- Low Carb Gummy Bears. That’s right friends!
This sugar free white chocolate recipe is every bit as tasty as the sugar filled version. Hope you all enjoy as much as I do! Let me know what you stirred into your sugar free white chocolate, and how you liked it in the comments below!