Low carb chocolate chip cookies are the cornerstone of sweet, chocolatey gratification in the world of low carb desserts!
These low carb cookies are adapted and low carb-afied from the Nestle Toll House recipe, and it shows…
Once you sink your pearly whites into one of these luscious, soft and suuuper chocolatey bad boy, you’ll be making them ALL THE TIME! Trust me when I tell you, NO ONE will believe this low carb recipes actually low carb.
Did I mention these low carb sweet snacks are going to make your house smell amazing?!
C’mon, let’s get started!
What’s not to love? I mean, all that sweet crunchy goodness with little pockets of chocolate surprises is enough to make you melt, right? But here’s a few more reasons to love them:
- Rich sweet, cookie deliciousness
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- 2.7 g net carbs per cookie!!!
Making almond flour cookies is the kind of fun you can actually feel good about! Get the kiddos involved, make them with friends or serve them at your next get together. These low carb chocolate chip cookies deliver a little bit of sunshine in every bite!
Throwing down in the kitchen with some low carb chocolate chip cookies means first finding low carb chocolate chips! I like to use Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips, but any low carb brand will work.
When those warm, gooey cookies come out of the oven, take a deep breath and walk away! Your cookies must cool to let the butter set. If you attempt to move them too soon, they will fall apart.
BUT!….if you exercise just a little patience you’ll be rewarded with the best tasting, most exquisite low carb chocolate chip cookies without an ounce of guilt! They’ll be slightly crunchy on the outside, moist and chewy on the inside with a hint of buttery flavor. Mmmmm…
Storing your low carb chocolate chip cookies couldn’t be easier. If you have any left after the family gets to them, they keep well in an airtight container in the fridge — A Ziploc baggie works well too.
Can You Freeze These Healthy Desserts?
Freezing healthy desserts is one of the best ways to prepare for those crazy sugar cravings and we all know that proper planning prevents poor performance! Yes!! You can freeze these low carb chocolate chip cookies.
Simply mix up the cookies and spoon them onto a cookie sheet in portions. Instead of putting them in the oven, throw them in the freezer for a while. After they have hardened, transfer them to a freezer bag.!)
If baking straight from the freezer, you’ll need to add 2-4 minutes to the bake time.
Low carb chocolate chip cookies are more than just a simple pleasure, they’re one of the best healthy recipes for dessert of all time! When I make a batch, I like to bake half and freeze half.
Oohhh, the places you’ll go! There are so many scrumptious ways to serve these low carb chocolate chip cookies you can easily find yourself in the midst of a sweet, tasty slumber.
Layer your cookies with some low carb pudding for a delicious dessert you can eat with a spoon or freeze some low carb ice cream between two cookies for an amazing ice cream sandwich that will cure any craving.
Crumble some cookies on top of some low carb Greek yogurt for a midday treat or eat them just as they are, with no distractions.
OMG! There are so many different things you can do to tweak this recipe and make it your own. Try substituting almond extract for vanilla extract or subbing out some almond flour for unsweetened cocoa or low carb protein powder!
Can I Swap Almond Flour For Coconut Flour?
Baking almond flour recipe does require a little finesse because it has different characteristics than other flours.
Can I Add Peanut Butter?
Adding PB to this low carb chocolate chips cookie recipe will throw the ratios (wet to dry) off a bit, so I suggest sticking to a low carb peanut butter cookies recipe instead.
You can add chocolate chips(like in these almond flour peanut butter cookies)if that’s what you’re craving!
Looking for a tasty AND low carb Nutter Butter replacement? Give my healthy peanut butter cookies recipe a whirl!
Can I Turn These Into No Bake Cookies?
These amazing low carb chocolate chip cookies are a little different than low carb no bake peanut butter cookies. This particular recipe should be baked, unless you just want to eat the cookie dough (skip the eggs!).
But, if you want low carb no bake cookies, give this recipe a try instead — Betcha can’t eat just one!
What Are Some Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies Mix Ins?
You can put almost any low carb ingredient your little heart desires into your cookies! Experimenting with different nuts is always tasty and adds a delicious crunch (think of them as low carb oatmeal cookies). Get creative and have fun!
You can add some spices like cinnamon, nutmeg or ginger (ala low carb gingerbread cookies!).
Low Carb Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Almond Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below)
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Golden Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below) packed
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Low Carb Chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup Pecans chopped. Optional
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together butter, granulated erythritol, brown erythritol, and vanilla. Beat until brown erythritol no longer has clumps.
- Beat eggs, into the butter combo one at a time.
- With beaters on, slowly add the flour combo to the butter.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans (if using).
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the dough into balls and place on a plate
- Place plate in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Remove from the freezer and place on a baking sheet, 1" apart. FOR SOFT COOKIES: Don't press them down, leave the dough in a ball.FOR CRUNCHY COOKIES: Press the dough down to form a flat disc, about 1/2" thick.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Allow your cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 15 minutes before moving them. Enjoy!
There are so many different types of healthy cookies that’ll satisfy that sweet tooth without destroying your nutrition. Here are some recipes for healthy cookies that you’ll want to try:
- Breakfast Cookies
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies
- Almond Flour Sugar Cookies
- Low Carb Cream Cheese Cookies
Low carb chocolate chip cookies are nothing short of a sweet delightful pleasure. They are slightly crispy, slightly chewy and just a little buttery. It just doesn’t get any better than that! Savor the flavor of this sweet, chocolatey pleasure and go to your happy place for a little while.