Yep, that’s right. Meatzza. Every bit as decadent and delicious as it sounds. Great if you’re looking for low carb or keto pizza. It’s also Just. Plain. Fun. We’re a pizza-loving household and this one regularly makes it into the rotation. Easy to make, satisfying to eat, and fun to say. What more can you ask for!?
Go Ahead, Have a Slice
Only four ingredients in this protein-rich crust make it so quick to pull together. I’ve kept the toppings simple too—but feel free to keep going from here. This is a fun, easy dinner. It’s also a welcome addition to any game day or movie night spread. I love this after a workout when I want (need!) a satisfying snack but crave something a little gluttonous. What can’t pizza do?
So take it from Me-atzza! (I’m not sorry.) This is a great way to do pizza night, or pizza anytime, a little differently. So what are you having for dinner tonight? Meatzza! Meatzza! 🍷🍕 – Linds x
What You Need:
This ingredient list is short and sweet! Here’s all you need:
- The meat – I use ground turkey here, although ground chicken, ground pork, or very lean ground beef will work too.
- The binder – parmesan cheese keeps this pizza in one piece while making it easy to actually hold a slice. It also adds a touch of flavor while keeping the meat nice-n’-juicy
- The flavor – I keep the seasoning simple with a sprinkle of Italian seasoning. This allows the toppings to shine. You can mix in whatever you like here — oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.
How to Make Meatzza:
Meatzza us E-A-S-Y to make. Here’s all you need to do:
- Combine turkey, egg, grated parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning with your hands.
- Shape into a 3/4″ thick circle on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cover your crust with toppings.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the internal temp of your pizza reaches 165 F.
Keto Pizza Toppings
Top your meatzza pizza as you would any regular pizza — this crust works with all your favorites! Here are some ideas:
- Sauce – most pizza sauces are loaded in sugar, so, read labels carefully or make your own (check out my keto pizza sauce or keto BBQ sauce).
- Keto cheese – cheddar, jack, or mozzarella cheese ar great options.
- Keto vegetables – add your favorites, such as onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, you name it!
- Extras – maybe some black olives? Pepperoncinis? Fresh parsley or basil leaves?
Storing + Reheating
This keto meatza pizza is best served immediately, as lean meats (turkey/chicken/pork) dry out the more they’re cooked and reheated. If you have leftovers and plan to reheat them, do so in the microwave.
More Keto Pizza Recipes
On your phone? Check out my web story here.
MeatzzaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey (note 1)
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup Keto Pizza Sauce (note 2)
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella shredded
- 1/4 cup basil sliced
- Prep. Preheat oven to 450 F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine. In a medium bowl, mix ground turkey (1 pound), egg (1), grated parmesan cheese (2 tablespoons), and Italian seasoning (1/2 tablespoons) together with your hands until everything is well incorporated.
- Shape the meat into a circle on your prepared baking sheet, until it's ¾” thick.
- Bake. Cover your crust in pizza sauce (1 cup), and cheese (1-1 1/2 cups), and bake in the preheated oven until the internal temp of the center of your pizza has reached 165 F, about 17-19 minutes. Allow pizza to cool, then slice, sprinkle with fresh basil, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Meat - ground beef can be used without any modifications.
- Pizza sauce - storebought products are often loaded with sugar. I usually make my own or read labels carefully before grabbing a jar.
- Nutritional information is based on 1 slice if you cut your pizza into 6 slices: