This keto breakfast pizza is what your mornings have been missing: Cheese, bacon, and eggs. On a pizza. You’ll never want boring scrambled eggs again!
Keto Breakfast Pizza Video Tutorial
On your phone? Check out my web story here.
Nothing Beats A Keto Pizza (for Breakfast)
I crave pizza all day, every day. When people ask me what I want to eat, I sit there for a moment sweating because I know they know that I’m going to say ‘pizza’. Again. But I can’t help that pizza is the pinnacle of all foods, and of my low carb eating plan (believe it or not). It’s everything I crave piled and baked together into a warm, cheesy, comforting slice.
It’s also crazy versatile– You can literally top my keto pizza crust with anything, and it’s going to be an epic meal. Taco pizza? Yes please. BBQ chicken? I’m so down. Cinnamon, sweetener, fruit, and chocolate chips? You know it!
And so it makes sense that I’ve worked up the most perfect keto breakfast pizza. I don’t mean cold pizza leftovers. I mean eggs and bacon and cheese. Oh yeah, baby. My special technique is to make little wells in the bacon and cheese. I crack the eggs into them and bake that beautiful pizza. I swear, it’s true pizza heaven.
Try this low carb breakfast pizza this week! It’s a keto breakfast so good, you’ll actually want to get out of bed. Sending good morning vibes your way ☀️ – Linds x
What You’ll Need
I make this keto breakfast pizza recipe using my almond flour pizza crust. Feel free to use the toppings and follow the instructions below with your favorite pizza crust instead.
- Almond flour – Using fine-grain almond flour such as Bob’s Red Mill or Costco brands will give you the most “flour-like” results– Almond meal is not a good substitute here as it’s significantly more coarse.
- Psyllium husk – I only recommend using NOW psyllium husk, as each brand has different baking characteristics, which can affect the outcome of your pizza.
- Olive oil – This will prevent our crust from burning when we prebake it.
- Bacon – Make sure to grab sugar free bacon.
- Pizza sauce – This is another ingredient that often contains added sugar. I use my homemade version, but if you’d prefer storebought, just look for one that doesn’t contain sugar in the ingredient list.
- Mozzarella shredded
- Green onions – Primarily the white + pale green portion as these have a sharper flavor. Use the dark green sliced to decorate the pizza.
How to Make Keto Breakfast Pizza:
- Cook bacon until crispy.
- Make pizza dough and shape it into a 12″ circle on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush olive oil over the top of your pizza crust, and bake for 13 minutes.
- Spoon pizza sauce over the top of your dough.
- Sprinkle cheese, bacon, and green onions over the pizza sauce.
- Use a spoon to form 4 wells in the bacon/cheese combo for the eggs.
- Crack an egg into each well.
- Bake your pizza for 19-21 minutes, or until the eggs have set to your liking.
Like all pizza, this low carb breakfast pizza freezes fantastically. Just stash each slice in their own resealable bag, remove as much air as possible, and toss in the freezer.
Have your pizza, your way! As mentioned this crust is spectacular with everything, so feel free to pile on whatever you’re craving. You can also switch up the crust! Here are some ideas:
- Add your favorite toppings, keto vegetables like sliced olives, red onions, mushrooms, and/or bell peppers.
- Use a different crust. Such as your favorite storebought version, or try my recipes for keto cauliflower pizza crust or coconut flour pizza crust.
- Skip the crust by piling your ingredients over my crustless pizza, which is essentially crispy cheese.
- Turn this into a keto pizza casserole, by assembling everything in 9×13 casserole dish.
- Make smaller portions by using a muffin tin pan.
More Low Carb Pizza Recipes
Low Carb Breakfast PizzaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 low carb pizza crust (note 1)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 bacon slices cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces (note 2)
- 1/2 cup low carb pizza sauce (note 3)
- 6 ounces mozzarella shredded
- 3 green onions thinly sliced.
- 4 large eggs
- Cook bacon (6 slices) in a skillet over medium heat until crispy, stirring frequently so it doesn't burn. Place cooked bacon aside on a paper towel-lined plate to drain access fat. Set aside and allow the bacon to come to room temp.
- Pizza crust. Preheat oven to 425F. Make the dough and use wet hands to shape it into a 12" circle on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment. (I always keep a bowl of water near me when working with this dough--it's sticky!) Brush olive oil (3 teaspoons) over the top of your pizza crust, and bake in the preheated oven for 13 minutes. Remove from the oven and set it aside to cool.
- Assemble. Spoon pizza sauce (1/2 cup) over the top of your dough. Sprinkle cheese (6 ounces), bacon, and green onions (3 thinly sliced) over the pizza sauce. Use a spoon to form 4 wells in the bacon/cheese combo for the eggs. Crack an egg into each well.
- Bake + enjoy! Bake your pizza for 19-21 minutes, or until the eggs have set to your liking. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with additional green onions. Allow the pizza to cool slightly before serving, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Pizza crust - Feel free to sub in your pizza crust of choice. Baked veggies work really well here too.
- Bacon - Make sure to grab sugar free bacon.
- Pizza sauce - Store-bought products often contain added sugar-- either try my recipe for a low carb version or read labels carefully.