If low carb pizza is your jam, then look no further than this divine coconut flour pizza crust…
Coconut flour recipes are some of the best low carb recipes for warm, tasty bread and pizza crust, as these calories (when compared to traditional wheat flour) are nutrient dense, low in net carbs, and wont go straight to your hips!
This beautiful coconut flour pizza crust is one of the best low carb dinners for pizza because it mimics the characteristics of a traditional wheat flour crust, but it tastes better! Throw it together in less than 10 minutes and top it just like regular pizza!
I can’t WAIT to share this low carb pizza crust with you, let’s dive in!
Oh, the bliss of this warm crust, topped with hot bubbling cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings…
This slightly sweet crust that’s crispy on the outside but nice a fluffy on the inside, is truly one of my faves in the pizza department. Here are just a few reasons as to why you should make coconut flour pizza crust TODAY!:
- Comes together in under 10 minutes
- Tastes better than wheat flour pizza crust
- Low carb AND gluten free
- It’s high in fiber
- Low in net carbs
Making coconut flour pizza crust is a scrumptious work of art, but guess what?? It’s EASYYYY!
Here’s what you need to know:
This recipe calls for coconut flour because it’s low in net carbs due to its high fiber content. If you aren’t familiar with coconut flour, it has unique characteristics that prohibit it from being used as a 1:1 swap with any other flour (even low carb types).
Baking with coconut flour does require some adjustments because it’s gluten free. (gluten helps bind ingredients together) I use psyllium husk powder in this recipe to hold the pizza crust together and add the fluffy, doughy component that makes it so warm and comforting.
Tools to Make
One of the great things about preparing coconut flour pizza crust is that you don’t have to tear up your kitchen to do it. Other than a prepared baking sheet, all you need is a large bowl, a fork — coconut flour recipes has a tendency to “clump” together, and you want to work all of this out before forming the crust.
Forming this coconut flour pizza crust should be done with damp hands. Sometimes after I form the dough, I like to cover it with saran wrap and gently press the bottom of a pot over it to ensure even thickness.
Storing your coconut flour pizza crust delicacy in the fridge will keep it fresh and delicious. An airtight container or wrap will do the trick, protecting it from both heat and moisture.
Can You Freeze This?
Yes, you can, and you can enjoy your own homemade low carb frozen pizza whenever you want! Coconut flour is naturally very dry, so if you plan to freeze it without any toppings, its probably best to parbake it first.
You can also make the entire recipe from start to finish and freeze the whole thing, or freeze single serve portions. Homemade low carb frozen pizza is one of those excellent healthy dinner ideas as well as DELICIOUS snacks!
Meal Prepping Tips
Decide ahead of time if you intend to freeze a whole coconut flour pizza crust pie or just individual pieces — When freezing multiple pieces, I like to put wax paper between them to prevent them from sticking together.
The best way I’ve found to meal prep this coconut flour pizza is to use the dough to make keto calzone!
This delicious coconut flour pizza crust is tasty so many different ways! Use it to make a traditional type of pizza or top it with low carb barbecue sauce and chicken for a delightful barbecue chicken pizza that’ll knock your socks off!
Chicken taco pizza makes a great meal, just wait until serving before topping with lettuce and tomatoes. Using pesto, veggies and herbs is another popular option that makes an absolutely yummy low carb white pizza.
- Add traditional veggies to your pizza, or get creative with things like artichoke hearts and capers. Making a really vegetable dense pizza is as easy as preparing an eggplant pizza or even a zucchini pizza. If you are a mushroom fan, this portobello mushroom pizza is a popular favorite that’s hard to resist.
- Add any protein-packed topping that fits your lifestyle and suits your taste buds! There are so many choices you can literally create hundreds of flavor combinations. Another great way to add protein to your meal is to try making a chicken crust pizza or even a Meatza. They’ll fuel your body and please your palate with that savory, cheesy pizza flavor!
- Turn this into a casserole. Make a tasty low carb pizza casserole for the fam with your coconut flour pizza crust. Why not?! Simply use your crust to line a casserole dish instead of a sheet pan and start loading it up!
- Make bite sized pizzas! there is no reason why you couldn’t make small pizzas — but forming several smaller crusts can be time consuming. Making cauliflower pizza bites or zucchini pizza bites is much easier and so delicious that even the kiddos will love them! They disappear quickly around my house.
Coconut Flour Pizza CrustPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Cup Low Carb Pizza Sauce
- 2 Cups Meltable Cheese shredded
- 10 Pepperoni Slices
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, add coconut flour and break up using the back of a fork -- coconut flour has a tendency to clump together (due to its dryness).
- Stir in the baking powder, salt, and psyllium husk.
- Add eggs, apple cider vinegar, and water.
- Use a rubber spatula to knead the dough and thoroughly incorporate the ingredients.
- Place the dough on prepared baking sheet and press it into an even 10" large circle.
- Form a crust by folding the edges of your pizza over.
- Use damp hands to smooth out any cracks that have formed in your crust. *
- Pierce the crust with a fork several times (this prevents air bubbles from forming).
- Brush the edges/crust with olive oil.
- Cover with toppings of choice, starting with the sauce, then cheese, meat and veggies of choice.
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes.
- Allow your crust to cool slightly before slicing, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Making low carb pizza that tantalizes your taste buds and satisfies your pizza craving is as easy as finding the right recipe (which can be a challenge in itself).
This amazing low carb coconut flour pizza crust is one of my favorite recipes, but its not my only one. Here are some other healthy pizza recipes that are delectably yummy:
Pizza is one of my all-time favorite foods and it was also one of the dishes I missed most when I went carb conscious! Which is one of the reasons I made it my mission to create and test delicious low carb recipes and share them with others…
Let me know what you think in the comments below, ENJOYYYY!