If you’re anything like me, mornings are rough, and you don’t always feel like cooking a huge meal, which is why I’ve fallen head over heals in LOVE with these keto hot pockets!
They’re the ideal warm, hearty, grab and go low carb breakfasts!
Here’s the thing about keto hot pockets that’ll blow your mind: they’re SO delicious that they tastes like a treat, but really, they’re just a tasty combo of flavor packed low carb foods. Not to mention, they make for one of those keto breakfasts that’s great for meal prepping, and are totally portable — meaning you can take it with you on your way out the door!
I don’t know about you, but I’m getting hungry. So, let’s jump right in!
How To Make Keto Hot Pockets
Watch out friends, these keto hot pockets are about to become your new favorite low carb breakfast ideas. With just a handful of ingredients, you can quickly whip these up and have breakfast on-the-go for the next day, too! Or, cut them in half and chow down on them for protein packed low carb snack ideas.
Start by making the pizza dough.
Grab my recipe for low carb pizza dough here! (It’s a game changer) Use the recipes to form two balls of dough.
This pizza dough uses low carb flour as a substitute for regular wheat flour, xanthan gum, and a bit of psyllium husk — these low carb shopping list ingredients, in combination with liquids, get really sticky, so dampening your hands is key!
Set a piece of parchment paper down, and with damp hands, press each ball of dough into a long, rectangular shape. Your palm will work best when pressing down the dough. Keep the dough in an even layer, about 1/2” thick.
Cook the filling.
Switching gears a bit, let’s cook the breakfast sausage — Cook it in a large pan over medium heat. Once the sausage is cooked through, place it on a paper towel lined plate to absorb the excess grease.
You can use the same pan to cook the eggs. The less mess the better!
Divide the eggs evenly between the 2 prepared hot pockets, keeping the eggs on one side of each piece of dough only. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the eggs, then add the breakfast sausage next.
Fold + Bake.
Fold the other side of the dough over the fillings. Again, damp hands are key during this step!
Sealing these keto hot pockets is essential—you don’t want the toppings oozing out while they cook! So pinch the edges of the dough tightly. Since your hands are damp, you can use them to smooth out any of the creases or to fill in holes. Take your time to make your keto hot pockets look pretty!
Brush the tops of your keto hot pockets with oil to prevent them from burning in the oven — or brush an uncooked scrambled egg on top to give it a nice golden sheen. Pop them in the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the tops are a beautiful golden brown.
Allow them to cool before slicing, they’ll be very hot out of the oven!
Then sit back, relax, and enjoy these keto snacks.
Gluten Free Hot Pockets Filling Ideas
Gluten free hot pockets can incorporate different types of fillings depending on your flavor preference.
It’s basically like a keto calzone — same low carb meal prep, but different ingredients inside. You can add some fresh mozzarella and pepperoni to your keto hot pocket, or even some ricotta and spinach! The flavor profiles will be completely up to you. By swapping your filling ingredients, you can go from keto breakfasts to low carb snacks and low carb lunches in no time!
Here are a few flavor ideas for these keto hot pockets, to get your creativity going…
- Broccoli and cheddar
- Cheddar, low carb taco seasoning, and chopped peppers
- Mozzarella and low carb meatballs (keto pizza rolls, anyone?!)
- Ham, bacon, or prosciutto and cheddar
- Mushrooms and swiss
Really, go wild! Any cheese option will work perfectly as a filling for this recipe. Beyond cheese, load up on keto vegetables, and meats! Just make sure to cook the meat and sauté the veggies before adding them to the dough — this will help them to release any excess liquid, while mellowing and balancing their flavors.
Also, make sure you’re pulling ingredients from your low carb food list!
What To Serve With These Keto Hot Pockets
While these keto hot pockets are quite filling on their own, you can jazz up this low carb meal plan entree with a delicious sauce!
Leveling up any keto recipes with a low carb sauce option can make the meal more filling while adding a nice flavor boost. With this particular recipe, low carb ketchup would be a great accompaniment. A few other options to sauce up this snack, include:
- Hot sauce
Just because you’re whipping up low carb breakfasts doesn’t mean you can’t sauce it up accordingly!
Reheating Low Carb Hot Pockets
The best part about these low carb hot pockets is that they can be reheated! Not only does that make them great low carb meals to prep in advance, but great low carb breakfast ideas that you just need to pop in the oven while getting ready for work.
Try to avoid the microwave, as it won’t crisp the crust.
Keto Hot Pockets Recipe
It really is that simple! Keto hot pockets you can take on the road, and that’ll satisfy just as any carb filled meal would! Low carb recipes can’t get much better than this, right?
What did you fill your keto hot pockets with? Let me know in the comments below!
Keto Hot PocketsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Low Carb Pizza Dough Recipe
- 2 Eggs scrambled
- 1/2 Lb Breakfast Sausage casing removed
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Make the low carb pizza dough, and roll it into 2 balls — You’ll want to use damp hands when handling the dough.
- Set a piece of parchment paper down, and press each ball of dough into a long rectangular shape using damp hands. Use your palm to press each piece of dough into an even layer, about ½” thick.
- Cook the breakfast sausage in a large pan over medium heat.
- Once cooked through, place on a paper towel lined plate to help absorb excess grease.
- Cook the eggs in the same pan.
- Divide the eggs between each piece of prepared dough, on one side.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the eggs, followed by the breakfast sausage.
- Fold the other side of your dough over the fillings.
- Pinch the edges of the dough to seal. Then, use damp hands to smooth out the creases and fill in any holes that formed during this process. You can make these hot pockets look as pretty as you’d like!
- Brush the tops of your hot pockets with oil, or a scrambled egg (for a golden sheen).
- Pop in the oven, and bake 22-25 minutes, or until the tops becomes golden brown.
- Allow hot pockets to cool slightly before slicing, and enjoy!