Filled with gooey, melty cheese, flavorful ranch, and some juicy ham, these keto hot pockets are comfort food in handheld form.
My Kind of Comfort Food
I grew up in the ’90s, which means, I had a giant beanie baby collection, was addicted to Nickelodeon, and ate Hot Pockets as regularly as my Mom would allow. My Brother and I loved each and every flavor so much, my parents used them to bribe us: eat your broccoli… do your homework… don’t scream on the car ride to your Grandmas’s… and you can have one.
Which is why today, as a grown woman, I still eat hot pockets. Well, keto hot pockets, that is.
They’re my lazy couch night, long day at work, in a rush go-to. I make them in bulk and store them in the freezer for meals ready when I need them. I like to make a big batch of the dough and switch the filling for a different low carb hot pocket every time.
So next time you’re craving something portable, nostalgic, cheesy, and handheld, give these keto hot pockets a try. And enjoy! 🧀❤️ – Linds x
Keto Hot Pockets Video Tutorial
Important Ingredient Notes
This recipe calls for my keto pizza dough, which is doughy, fluffy, and the perfect substitute here!
- Keto pizza dough – made of almond flour, baking powder, psyllium husk, and salt. You want to use NOW psyllium husk, as each brand binds and absorbs liquid differently- this is the only product I recommend for these low carb hot pockets.
- Egg – this adds a beautiful sheen to the crust.
- Ranch – Make your own, or use your favorite store-bought. Most brands are low carb friendly.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions – White and green parts only.
Low Carb Hot Pocket Filling Options
Feel free to add whatever filling you’re craving! (Although, the ham, cheese, and ranch combo is my personal, low carb hot pocket fave!). Here are some ideas for you…
- Cheeseburger pockets: Think keto burgers stuffed inside pizza dough… ground beef, cheese, tomatoes, and onions.
- Keto cheese pockets: Use your favorite cheese and pizza sauce.
- Turkey + swiss
- Keto pizza filling: Like pepperoni, cheese, and keto pizza sauce.
- Veggie: Saute your favorite keto vegetables and toss them in sauce and cheese.
More Keto Sandwich Recipes
Keto Hot PocketsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Prep. Preheat oven to 425 F. Before making the dough, prepare 4 half sheets of parchment paper and a bowl of water. -- you'll want the water for working with the dough and the parchment will help you shape it. Grab you whisked egg (1) and prepare a pastry brush.
- Dough. Make 1 recipe for low carb pizza dough, and use wet hands to divide the dough into 4 even balls. Place each ball on a half sheet of parchment paper. Use wet hands to press the dough into an 8" round circle.
- Assemble. Brush the inside of your dough with ranch dressing (1/3 cup) -- making sure not to place any ingredients within 1/2" of the edge. Fill half the dough with chopped ham (6 ounces), shredded cheese (1 cup), and green onions (3). Use the parchment paper to fold the dough in half over itself. With the parchment paper still wrapping the hot pocket, pinch edges using your fingers.
- Bake. Remove the top half of the parchment paper. Place 2 hot pockets at a time on a rimmed baking sheet, option to crimp the edges with the back of a fork. Brush the top of each pocket with whisked egg, then sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake in preheated oven for 22-25 minutes. You'll know they're done once the hot pockets are golden on top. Allow them to cool slightly before slicing. Serve with additional ranch and enjoy!