There are a lot of things I am willing to sacrifice for my health, but I’d rather pizza not be one of them, so this low carb pizza crust is literally a life-saver!!!
I know that low carb pizza sounds a bit like an oxymoron, but this actually turned out to be one of my favorite almond flour recipes. Low carb recipes can be a bit of a risk — But never fear, this low carb bread is easy and delicious and will be one of your go-to low carb dinners!
Get ready to be impressed with yourself, let’s start!
Everyone needs a good low carb pizza crust pizza recipe. Whether it’s a quick meal for your kids, or a late night snack, you want something quick, easy and customizable.
Here are some other benefits:
- Comes together in under 30 minutes! That’s faster than delivery!
- Make it your way – work through your refrigerator stockpile for creative, delicious combinations
- So easy – this would be great to do with a group of friends. Everyone make a crust!
Check out how quickly and easily low carb pizza crust comes together…
Almond Flour – My favorite low carb flour for the job, this stuff is crazy low in carbs, and has an awesome taste, color and consistency.
When compared to wheat flour, almond flour doesn’t bind as well, and it tends to be a little more dense, so we’ll use…
Psyllium Husk – This pizza has a special, low carb ingredient that makes allll the difference: psyllium husk. Thanks to it, you don’t have to wait for yeast to rise, so our pizza comes together fast! Make sure to have your oven preheating while you get your low carb pizza crust ingredients together…
Pysllium husk is great at making gluten free flours bind, while giving it a bit of “fluff”.
Tools To Make
You don’t need anything too fancy to make healthy recipes with this crust, except for maybe the parchment paper. Also, a pizza stone would really make this crust crispy, but a regular pan is fine too.
Pizza is one of those amazing healthy dinner ideas that somehow almost tastes better cold. You probably won’t have any leftover, but if you do, store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
Can You Freeze This?
This crust, you guys!! It’s like it wants to help…
You can go ahead and make it ahead of time, with or without toppings, put it on some cardboard and then wrap it really well in plastic wrap. Voila! Low carb frozen pizza made of whole foods. Just add a few minutes of cook time when you reheat it from frozen!
One of the great things about this little-black-dress of a low carb pizza crust is that you can dress it up however you want!
- Make some pizza bites! Simply cut the dough into small sections, top with pizza sauce, and add toppings — similar to my cauliflower pizza bites or zucchini pizza bites!
- Sweeten the dough. With little keto sweeteners like Erythritol, spread with cream cheese and low carb fruits for a healthy dessert pizza (dark chocolate drizzle optional!)
- Use this dough to make a keto calzone!
- Add cheese on the edges. Roll some low carb cheese into the edges for a delicious surprise! Or top it with some parmesan for an extra punch of flavor!
Low Carb Pizza CrustPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Mozzarella shredded
- Low Carb Pizza Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, baking powder, salt, and psyllium husk together in a large bowl.
- Pour apple cider vinegar and boiling water over the dry ingredients.
- Stir to combine and knead the dough into a ball. Set aside for 5 minutes, allowing the psyllium husk to absorb the liquids.
- With slightly damp hands, press the dough into a 10” circle on the prepared baking sheet.
- Fold the edges of the dough over to form a crust.
- Prick the dough with a fork to stop it from bubbling.
- Brush olive oil over the edges of the crust so they don’t burn. If you’d like to pre-bake the crust without toppings, brush olive oil over the entire pizza.
- Fill your dough with desired toppings and bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes, or until your toppings are golden brown and the dough is cooked through. Enjoy!
There are so many options for healthy pizza out there, you’ll never feel like you’re missing out! This almond flour recipe is incredible and easy, but also try:
- Crustless Pizza. Cheese is the PERFECT crust for this low carb recipe!
- No Crust Pizza Bites. Same as above, just in bite-sized form.
- Cloud Bread Pizza. Creamy cloud bread, with more cheese on top!
- Fathead Pizza. The most popular low carb pizza.
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust. It wouldn’t be a low carb pizza collection without a cauli recipe!
Easy, delicious, and super fast – this low carb pizza crust is going to be on heavy rotation at your home!
It’s SO fabulous and versatile, you’ll be using it from breakfast to a midnight snack. This low carb pizza crust made from almond flour is versatile, fast and easy. Strong enough to hold up to the heartiest ingredients, it’s also chewy and soft, the way pizza should be!
Leave me a comment below and let me know whatcha think! Enjoyyy!