You guysss cauliflower pizza is changing the low carb pizza game!
Because it’s EASY to make, full of nutrients, low in carbs, and IT’S PIZZA!!! And tastes just like it, despite how much better it is for you. Which means, those of use sticking to gluten-free, paleo, healthy, or low carb recipes don’t have to miss out on all the fun!
I’ve been making cauli pizza as low carb dinners for a long time now, and have picked up quite a few tips on how to whip cauliflower recipes together as quickly, painlessly, and easily as possible for quick and easy low carb cauliflower recipes.
Some c’mon! Let me show you!
I love how pizza is such a customizable food item. It’s hard to resist all your favorite toppings covered in warm, gooey melted cheese on top of a great tasting low carb pizza crust!
Here are some of my favorite things about cauliflower pizza:
- Super low carb
- Divinely delicious
- Warm cheesy goodness
- Really easy to assemble
Making this dairy free keto cauliflower pizza crust is incredibly simple! It does require a little patience and a trick of the trade for best results:
Get as much liquid out as possible! When your cauliflower rice is done cooking, place it in a cheese cloth or clean kitchen towel. Let it cool for a few minutes, then ball it up in the cloth and twisting at the top. You’ll need to repeat this process a couple of times to remove all the liquid from the cauliflower.
Forming the crust. Another trick of the trade involves evening out your keto cauliflower pizza crust. When you spread it into the ideal disc shape, cover it with wax paper and gently press the bottom of a pot over it. Viola! Beautiful pizza crust that’ll cook evenly.
The cauliflower pizza ingredients for this recipe are fairly simple, but you’ll follow a different set of instructions based on the type of cauliflower you buy…
Cauliflower – You can use fresh cauliflower or frozen cauliflower rice to make this recipe — I prefer frozen cauliflower rice!!! It takes a lot of the work out (removing the liquid — this low carb vegetables loaded with it!) of making the crust for this keto cauliflower pizza crust recipe.
Egg + Parm – The egg and low carb cheese will bind our cauliflower crust together.
Seasoning – To keep this crust as pizza-like as possible, I like to add in Italian seasoning — but feel free to add whatever you prefer here.
Tools To Make
Making this keto cauliflower pizza crust is as simple as mixing and baking. All you really need is a:
- Large pot to steam the cauliflower. This can also be done in the microwave.
- Bowl to combine all our ingredients.
- Rimmed baking sheet to bake the keto cauliflower pizza crust and catch any liquid that sneaks out while baking.
Simply store the leftovers in Ziploc bags or an airtight container. According to the USDA, your Cauliflower Pizza will keep in the fridge just fine if it’s well protected from heat and moisture
Can You Freeze This Crust?
Yes!! Just wrap it well (I like to vacuum seal it) and pop it in the freezer for easy to reheat low carb frozen pizza at your fingertips. Pull it out of the oven and make that sweet delicacy your own.
The best thing about this pizza crust (besides the way it tastes) is that it’s so easy to personalize. Here are some easy variations that can enhance the flavor of your keto cauliflower pizza without wrecking the recipe:
- Make cauliflower pizza bites. Making cauliflower pizza bites is a bit like making meatballs (but not quite as messy). Simply use the same recipe and form into smaller bite-sized portions. Top and bake as you would a large pizza, but you may need to cut the cooking time a bit. If you’re looking for even easier bite-sized pizzas, check out this eggplant pizza or this portobello mushroom pizza.
- Turn this into a casserole. Turn this into a low carb pizza casserole by lining the bottom of a casserole dish with the crust, then top and bake!
- Switch up the pizza sauce. You can use whatever works with your pizza vision here! Some of my faves are pesto or low carb bbq sauce.
- Make this crust dairy-free. Simply use 3 eggs and skip the Parmesan.
Low carb pizza is back on the menu friends! And if you’re as into it as I am, you may want to check out these other recipes:
Keto Cauliflower Pizza CrustPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 24 Ounces Cauliflower see notes below
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Low Carb Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella shredded
- Preheat oven the 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If using raw cauliflower: steam cauliflower (24 Ounces) in a covered medium pot with a few inches of water, until tender. Add steamed cauliflower to a food processor and process until "rice" sized.
- If using raw cauliflower rice: steam cauliflower rice in a medium pot with a few inches of water until tender.
- If using frozen cauliflower rice: defrost until no longer frozen.
- Wrap riced cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel, and squeeze to release all liquid. Then squeeze some more.
- Add cauliflower "pulp" to a large bowl, along with eggs (2), Italian seasoning (1 teaspoon), grated parmesan (1/4 cup) and salt (1/2 teaspoon). Thoroughly combine using your hands.
- Press the cauliflower into a 6" round disc on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip the cauliflower pizza and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Crank the over up to broil, add toppings, and bake pizza for another 3-5 minutes. Be careful, as ingredients tend to burn at this temp, so keep a careful eye.
- Allow pizza to cool before slicing, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Cauliflower. I prefer using FROZEN cauliflower RICE and allowing it to defrost before getting started. It saves a ton of time and dirty dishes.
- Nutritional information is for 1 slice if you cut this pizza into 8 slices: