No matter how you’ve chowed down on cloud bread recipes in the past, moving forward, you’ll only want to eat them as cloud bread pizza crust. Because wowwwza! Is it goooood.
And how could this low carb bread not be??
With a cheese based dough, some sauce and delicious toppings, you’ve got all the best low carb snacks ingredients piled into one mound of deliciousness.
It’s one of those crowd pleasing low carb recipes, and I can’t wait to hear what you think about this low carb pizza!
Let’s get started…
To sum up, I LOVE that this pizza recipe:
- Is even cheesier than traditional pizza
- Has 1 carb per mini pizza
- Tastes incredible with ANY topping!
What Does Cloud Bread Taste Like
Cloud bread doesn’t taste like regular bread, rather a delicious bread substitute. The flavor is more egg-like, and the texture more foamy—people either love it or hate it.
That said, if cloud bread isn’t your favorite, healthy recipes like this cloud bread pizza may still be worth a try. Pizza sauce and toppings can hide whatever you didn’t love about the low carb bread recipe on its own.
Whipping up a batch of cloud bread pizza is relatively easy. Here’s everything you need to know:
Tools To Make
The trickiest part of making cloud bread pizza is whipping your eggs into peaky perfections, and there’s no better tool for this than a trusty electric mixer.
The more air you whip into the eggs, the fluffier your pizza will be — in other words, a simple whisk won’t do the trick.
This is also why the cream of tartar is so important — it helps whipped eggs to keep their smooth/stiff shape.
Cloud bread tends to loose a bit of its “fluff” after being stored in the fridge, so I try to eat them soon after baking.
But, if you made a big batch, stash these healthy snacks in an airtight container in the fridge. Some people swear cloud bread tastes better the next day…
Can You Freeze This?
Cloud bread pizza is extremely delicate, and doesn’t freeze as well as other low carb frozen pizza options.
This pizza crust will get soggy! So it tastes best when eaten right away.
Unfortunately, the dough is too “fragile” to form into calzones — if that’s what you’re craving, check out this AMAZING keto calzone recipe!
Work cloud bread pizza into whatever kind of slice you’re craving! Here are some options you may consider:
What Are Some High Protein Topping Ideas?
The base of this cloud bread pizza is cheese, so when it comes to toppings, I load up on protein and veggies.
How Can I Add Vegetables As Toppings?
Slice up your favorite low carb vegetables and incorporate them as toppings! A few of my favorites are:
How Can I Make Pizza Bites?
As I mentioned before, cloud bread pizza dough is extremely delicate, so making 3″ mini pizzas is your best bet — larger than cauliflower pizza bites or zucchini pizza bites, but smaller than a traditional pizza pie.
How Can I Make A Large Pizza Crust?
The issue with a large low carb pizza crust, is that the cloud bread pizza will loose its “fluff”, and will flatten out towards the center.
If you don’t mind a slightly deflated pizza crust, then go for it!
Can I Use Flour In The Crust?
Traditionally, cloud bread pizza is made without any low carb flour, making for an easy to throw together, low-er carb option.
Cloud Bread PizzaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks into two medium bowls -- I do this by cracking the egg in half and passing the yolk between the two halves of the egg shell, at the same time allowing the egg white to spill into the bowl. You can also crack the egg into your hand, and use your fingers as a "drain", allowing the egg white to spill into the bowl.
- In the egg yolk bowl, add cream cheese, baking powder and psyllium husk (if you choose to use it) and mix until there are no remaining lumps. If you plan to use the same utensil to mix the egg white, clean off the utensil and dry - you don't want any yolks in the egg white mixture.
- In the egg white bowl, add the cream of tartar and salt. Using an electric hand mixer mix until the eggs whites form firm peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolks, you want to keep as much of the air in the mixture as possible (the airy-er the fluffier)
- Using a spoon, place by the dollop (depending on how large you'd like your bread slice to be) onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, making sure to leave at least an inch between each dollop.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until they become golden brown.
- Pull tray out out and put oven on broil.
- Top each mini pizza with pizza toppings.
- Place back in the oven and watch closely as ingredients may burn easily at this temperature. Check after 5 minutes, and again every 2 minutes.
- Once cheese has melted to your liking, pull from the oven and add any fresh herbs. Allow pizzas to cool before eating, and enjoy!
Since pizza is quite possibly the most cravable meal on the planet, I’ve worked up a handful of healthy pizza recipes:
I hope you LOVE this cloud bread pizza as much as I do! Let me know what you think in the comments below — be sure to share you favorite toppings! Enjoy 🙂