Can’t decide between thick or thin? Are you, like me, better off crustless? This is the first low carb pizza I ever made. Loved it then, love it now. Maybe that’s because it’s a grown-up snack that makes me feel like a kid getting away with…well, eating pizza! Any. Time. Cheesy, Crispy, Crunchy, Crustless Pizza. And that’s the best way to think of it—more like an appetizer.
The Crispy, Cheesy Bits…
Are always the best part. And that’s what you’re getting here. A “crust” of lacey, golden cheese that gets crisp enough to add a thin layer of your favorite toppings. If you’ve made my parmesan crisps—it’s the same concept. Fry up some cheese in a nonstick skillet (or well-seasoned cast iron) and you can have pizza in minutes.
Since it’s thin and crispy—this is a great place to indulge in your favorite dipping sauce. Love a marinara situation? This is for you. I hear *some* people insist on a classic ranch dressing. (*Ahem* —If that’s you—I just *happen* to have an amazing keto ranch)
Crustless. Pizza. Snack. It’s a great way to make the most of snack time, your favorite toppings, or even just what you have in your fridge. So, thick or thin? Nope. Crustless. 💋👩🍳 – Linds x
- Meltable cheese – Mozzarella cheese is the obvious choice — you can also use cheddar, pepper jack, or jack.
- Pepperoni – Or any pizza toppings you’re craving.
- Dippin’ sauce – Store-bought marinara sauce typically contains sugar, so check labels carefully. OR! Follow my recipe for a low-er carb option.
Wait a second… this recipe is only cheese and toppings?!
Why yes, that’s exactly how I make this keto crustless pizza. If that’s not the “crustless” you’re craving, check out some other options here!
About the Toppings…
Looking for more low carb crustless pizza toppings? Here are a few options for you…
- Keto vegetables like spinach, thinly sliced onions, or mushrooms.
- Different proteins such as crisped and crumbled bacon, diced ham, or even browned ground beef.
- More goodies include sliced black olives, chopped parsley, or basil, red pepper flakes, and parmesan.
How to Make Crustless Pizza
- Sprinkle cheese in an even layer in a 10″ non-stick — super important to use a non-stick or heavily seasoned cast iron.
- Add toppings.
- Cover pan with a lid, and place over medium heat. Now let that cheese bubble.
- Remove from heat and let the cheese cool and crisp in your pan. Then slice and top with fresh herbs.
Want to make crustless pizza in the oven instead?
Preheat your oven to 375 F and sprinkle your cheese in a circle in the center of a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with toppings and bake until the edges are golden — about 18 minutes.
Crustless pizza is best-served fresh-out-the-pan for optimal crispiness. If you happen to have leftovers, store them in a resealable bag in the fridge. Option to re-crisp in the oven before serving.
More Pizza Recipes
Crustless PizzaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Cups Mozzarella shredded
- Pepperoni sliced
- Italian Seasoning
- Keto Pizza Sauce for dipping
- Sprinkle cheese (2 cups) in an even layer in a 10" nonstick skillet. Top with pepperoni (or any toppings you'd like).
- Cover with a glass lid and cook over medium heat, until the cheese melts and the bottom and edges are golden -- about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and allow the cheese to cool in the pan.
- Place pizza on a cutting board, slice, top with fresh herbs, and serve with your pizza sauce to dip. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Nutritional information is based on 1 slice, if you cut your pizza into 8 slices, and was calculated using 10 pepperoni slices: