Cauliflower recipes are some of the world’s MOST innovative, making up everything from cauliflower pizza bites to cauliflower rice. This is no coincidence! These full-flavored healthy recipes are packed with nutrition and totally customizable.
Healthy pizza is totally within your grasp….and it tastes amazing! Rich, savory cauliflower pizza bites are one of those low carb recipes that fuel your body and please your palate. Even kids love them. With their favorite toppings held snugly in place by gooey melted cheese on a blanket of rich, tangy pizza sauce, who could blame them?
Okay, wipe your mouth and let’s dive in!
Cauliflower pizza bites are the best of both worlds and I happen to be a sucker for pizza! There are so many incredible things to love about this awesome recipe, but I’ll try and stick to just the top few!
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Super nutritious
- Totally customizable
- Great way to sneak in veggies
- It’s pizza, duh?
Look, I know there are a ton of cauliflower pizza recipes out there but this one is (by far) one of the tastiest and easiest to throw together. Plus, there are so many rare vitamins and minerals in cauliflower that your body craves!
I do have one tip, though. Spray the bottom of your muffin pan with cooking spray or coat with avocado oil to prevent sticking. All your little pizza bites will pop right out!
Tools To Make
Making cauliflower pizza bites is so crazy simple, perfect for any busy, health conscious individual (especially busy moms)!
All you really need is a muffin pan, a clean kitchen towel and a food processor or mixer of some sort. Even a Nutribullet will work. Oh, and a knife for chopping if you are topping with veggies.
Storing these cauliflower pizza bites is as simple as tossing them in a Ziploc baggie or any other airtight container and putting them in the fridge. Viola! Pizza on-demand.
Can You Freeze This?
Yes, you can freeze cauliflower pizza bites if they are properly sealed in an airtight container. Then you’ll have low carb frozen pizza ready to go on those busy weeknights or when company drops by.
Tweaking this recipe to suit your taste buds and your lifestyle is an absolute must and there are so many ways you can do it!
I love adding a little crumbled bacon to the cauliflower crust, but you can also use spinach or even healthy seeds to amp up the nutrition factor. If you don’t want green pizza crust, you can hide a little chopped spinach under the sauce (nobody will ever know it’s there).
Incorporating fresh herbs like basil, oregano or even cilantro will make this recipe even tastier and more fragrant (if that’s even possible!).
Can You Add More Veggies To This?
Uh, yes?! As a matter of fact, it’s a wonderful idea! Add whatever veggies you’re craving as a topping.
That said, I know that as nutritious and tantalizing as cauliflower is, not everyone is a fan. To those people I say, try portobello mushroom pizza or zucchini pizza. You simply can’t go wrong between the three.
How To Add Protein As A Topping?
One of the great things about mouth-watering cauliflower pizza bites is that you can top them any way you like. Go all-protein if you like. Nobody will fault you for it!
Can You Turn This Into A Casserole?
Absolutely! This is your recipe. Making low carb pizza casserole is as simple as choosing a method and running with it. You can either use the cauliflower mixture to make one large crust on the bottom of a casserole pan or use all the little cauliflower crusts to line the bottom of the casserole pan. Next, add your toppings and bake.
You can even layer your cauliflower crusts with sauce and toppings in between! Both ways work and you end up with a delectable low carb pizza casserole!
Save Your Favorite Recipes!Create an account and save all your favorite recipes for easy access!
Is This Considered A Low Carb Pizza Crust?
Yes, this is a low carb pizza crust because it is made with egg and cauliflower rice. Eggs are very low in carbs and cauliflower rice only has 2 net carbs per serving. There is no shame in this game!!
What Other Veggies Can You Use For Pizza Bites?
The world is your oyster so you can get as creative as you like. Some of my favorite recipes include eggplant pizza and zucchini pizza bites but you can use everything from carrots to spinach. Eggplant and zucchini are both low in carbs and highly nutritious.
Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- 24 Ounces Cauliflower* frozen
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Low Carb Pizza Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 15 Pepperonis** mini
- Preheat oven to 375 F and generously coat the cups of a muffin pan with oil.
- Defrost cauliflower until no longer frozen.
- Wrap defrosted cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel, and squeeze to release as much liquid as possible. Continue squeezing until all the water has been released.
- Add cauliflower “pulp” to food processor, along with the eggs, salt and Italian seasoning and blend until smooth.
- Spoon the cauliflower combo into your prepared muffin pan, and press down with the back of your spoon for an even layer.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. You'll know they're done when the top becomes golden and the pizzas seem firm.
- Remove from oven, and crank the heat up to a broil.
- Top each mini pizza with sauce, cheese and pepperonis.
- Place back in the oven and bake until the cheese melts -- this will take about 3-5 minutes, but watch carefully as ingredients will burn at this temperature.
- Allow the bites to cool slightly before removing from the muffin pan. I find this is easiest to do with a spoon, by tracing around the edge of each muffin and scooping it out.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
In my personal opinion, low carb pizza is one of the greatest modern discoveries. Cauliflower pizza bites happen to be one of my favorite low carb pizza recipes, but I didn’t stop there. Here are some others that you’ll fall in love with:
Living a healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean that you have to live without the joy of pizza. It was one of the things I missed most when I first went carb conscious, so I took to the kitchen! What followed was this amazing recipe for cauliflower pizza bites and a few others that are even better than the traditional pizza we’ve all grown up with.
Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think in the comments below!