Classic sausage cauliflower stuffing. The most important, most beloved, most requested side dish at the Thanksgiving table – now in low carb form. Ready to soak up all the gravy, herb up all those mashes, and add a little spice to your dinner plate.
Your Mama’s New Stuffing Recipe
We all grew up eating a unique version of stuffing: The family secret recipe. In your eyes, everyone else’s stuffing recipe is a little off. Your family’s recipe? It’s the only way. The only one worthy of soaking up your perfected gravy. The only one herbed and spiced just right. The only one the entire family demands each and every Thanksgiving.
Today I’m sharing MY family’s classic stuffing recipe, with one simple swap: cauliflower instead of bread. It may have more meat than you like. Maybe a different combination of herbs and spices…
Use this cauliflower stuffing recipe as your base and make YOUR family’s classic version. Add those apples, those pecans, the turkey sausage, the bacon.
And if you happen to be in the market for a new stuffing recipe, this sausage cauliflower stuffing is here to win you and your entire dinner table over. It’s the one time of year we get the eat stuffing, so eat it RIGHT! Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🧡 – Linds x
Cauliflower Stuffing Video Tutorial
Keto Stuffing Ingredient Notes
Cauliflower stuffing is made of all the traditional stuffing ingredients + cauliflower. Here’s what you need:
- Cauliflower florets – for best results, weigh your cauliflower florets. You want 24 ounces.
- Cooking spray – To prebake the cauliflower and soften it up a little.
- Butter unsalted
- Breakfast sausage contains the classic herbs used in stuffing, such as nutmeg and sage. In a pinch, you can use Italian sausage instead, although the flavor is a bit different.
- Veggies: onion, fennel, and celery
- Dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
- Herbs: parsley, sage, thyme finely chopped
How to Make Cauliflower Stuffing:
- Chop cauliflower into florets and place on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the cauliflower softens and begins to brown slightly.
- Add breakfast sausage to a large skillet. Break up the sausage with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add unsalted butter to the skillet and melt, stirring constantly so it doesn’t brown.
- Add onions, fennel bulb, and celery stalks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook in butter until they’re soft and lightly browned.
- Add dry white wine to skillet and bring to a boil. Cook until no wine is left — about 5 minutes. Add fresh parsley, sage, thyme, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a casserole dish, combine sausage, cauliflower, and veggies and stir to combine.
- Toss them in the preheated oven for 10 minutes (just to combine all the flavors). Allow low carb stuffing to cool before serving, and enjoy!
Turn this cauliflower stuffing into your family’s favorite Thanksgiving side! Here are some classic twists on stuffing you may want to try here:
- Swap/omit/add in the keto vegetables
- Add diced apples or dried cranberries (psst — neither are considered keto fruits).
- Add chopped keto nuts, such as pecans, almonds, or walnuts
More Keto Cauliflower Recipes
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Keto Shepherd’s Pie
- Cauliflower Hummus
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Ground Chicken Casserole
Cauliflower StuffingPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 24 ounces Cauliflower florets roughly 1 head
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 Cup Butter unsalted
- 1 Lb Breakfast Sausage* casings removed
- 1 Large Onion finely chopped
- 1 Fennel Bulb finely chopped
- 4 Celery Stalks finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup White Wine dry
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Sage finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme finely chopped
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- Prebake cauliflower. Preheat oven to 350 F. Chop cauliflower into florets (1 head) and place on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the cauliflower softens and begins to brown slightly.
- Cook sausage. Add breakfast sausage (1 Lb) to a large skillet. Break up the sausage with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Cook until no longer pink. Place sausage on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cooke veggies. Add unsalted butter (1/4 cup) to the skillet and melt, stirring constantly so it doesn't brown. Add onions (1 large finely chopped), fennel bulb (1 finely chopped), and celery stalks (4 finely chopped). Sprinkle with salt (1 teaspoon) and pepper (1/2 teaspoon). Cook in butter until they're soft and lightly browned (around 10 minutes). Add dry white wine (1/2 cup) to skillet and bring to a boil. Cook until no wine is left — about 5 minutes. Add fresh parsley (1/4 cup finely chopped), sage (1 tablespoon), thyme (1 tablespoon), and salt ( 1 ½ teaspoons). Stir to combine.
- Bake. In a casserole dish, combine sausage, cauliflower, and veggies and stir to combine. Toss them in the preheated oven for 10 minutes (just to combine all the flavors). Allow low carb stuffing to cool before serving, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- I like doubling the meat and serving this dish as an entree!