This low carb pumpkin pie is so freggin’ good, you won’t even know it’s low carb…
So good, in fact, that you’ll be making it year-round — even mid-summer, when most low carb recipes aren’t inspiring enough to turn that oven on! So good, your friends and family will ask for seconds. So good, you might as well make two, to make sure you actually get a slice.
Healthy pumpkin recipes make some of the best low carb Thanksgiving desserts, and this recipe is here to prove it! I just love creating healthy recipes for traditional holiday foods, and I can’t wait for you to try this low carb pumpkin pie recipe!
I LOVE the warm sweet flavor of this low carb pumpkin pie recipe. It means I don’t need to skip the traditional holiday food items to reach my nutritional goals. I mean, Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie is like Christmas without lights!
Here are some other great reasons to love it!
- Really easy to make
- It’s rich decadent pumpkin pie (say no more…)
- Totally low carb
- As yummy as traditional pumpkin pie
- Great for holiday dinners
Making this low carb pumpkin pie recipe is so totally simple you’re not gonna’ believe it. Easy always works for me and the flavor is intense. Here’s what you need to know to pack all that sweet pumpkin loveliness into a low carb pie!
Following this low carb pumpkin pie recipe is so totally easy and that’s part of its beauty! All you need to do is toss these ingredients into a large mixing bowl and blend it thoroughly with an electric mixer.
It doesn’t get much simpler than that….
Solid Packed pumpkin – Make sure you get solid packed pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling has spices and added sweeteners so its higher in carbs.
Heavy Cream – Using heavy cream adds that rich decadence to your pumpkin pie recipe without adding carbs.
Brown Erythritol – Brown erythritol works just like brown sugar only it has no calories and doesn’t spike blood sugar.
Xanthan Gum – This compound is a thickening agent that helps hold your pumpkin pie together!
Salt – It may seem counterintuitive, but a little salt reduces bitterness and enhances sweetness. Don’t skip the salt because it’ll enhance the rich sweet flavor of your low carb pumpkin pie recipe.
Tools To Make
You don’t need any type of high-tech equipment to make an awesome low carb pumpkin pie. This is a simple low carb pumpkin pie recipe that’s made using simple everyday tools. Here’s what you need:
- Large bowl – for combining yummy food items
- Electric hand mixer – to thoroughly mix ingredients
- Pie pan – for forming crust
- Foil – for creating a collar to protect the exposed pie crust
- Rimmed baking sheet – to catch any potential spillover (very important!)
There you have it, easy peesy!
If you’re not planning to eat immediately, or if you happen to have leftovers, then your pie will need to go into the fridge. It’s best to cover it loosely with saran wrap or foil.
Can You Freeze This?
Yes, you can totally freeze your low carb pumpkin pie recipe! You’ll also want to slow thaw it in the fridge overnight to prevent cracking and weeping. You can also freeze individual slices for easy desserts!
This low carb pumpkin pie recipe makes an incredible healthy pumpkin dessert that goes perfectly with a sugar free pumpkin spice latte. If you’ve got some pumpkin leftover, you can use it to make a tasty pumpkin soup for when the pie is all gone!
What Kind Of Toppings Can I Add?
Toppings are up to you my friend… but here are some of my faves to get you excited:
- Low carb vanilla ice cream
- Sugar free whipped cream
- Use extra crust and mini leaf cookie cutters (I used these!) to add some decorations!
- Chopped low carb nuts
There are a few ways you can tweak this low carb pumpkin pie recipe to change the flavor and make it your own. Here are just a few suggestions you can try:
Can I Make This Without The Crust?
If crustless pumpkin pie is your jam, then I say go for it! (It’ll be more like a keto pumpkin custard instead, but it’ll be DELISH!) This low carb pumpkin pie recipe makes an awesome crustless sugar free pumpkin pie, just be sure to use a pie pan (not a pan with a removable bottom) and you’ll be good to go!
Can I Turn This Recipe Into Bars?
Turn this recipe into keto pumpkin pie bars by preparing it in a casserole dish instead. Cut your bake time by about 20 minutes — you’ll know it’s done once the center is set.
Low Carb Pumpkin Pie
- 1 Low Carb Pie Crust unbaked
- 1 Egg whisked
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Prepare the pie crust, by pressing the unbaked dough into a buttered pie pan.
- Place in the freezer as you prep the filling.
- If you have extra dough (if using my low carb pie crust you will!), use small leaf cookie cutters* as a topping to decorate your pie. Place these in the fridge as well.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and combine using an electric mixer.
- Place pie pan with crust on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the edges of the crust with the egg.
- Pour filling into the crust.
- Use foil to wrap around the edges of the crust to form a collar (will protect the crust from burning).
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet/pie from the oven. Add any cut pieces you prepared to the baking sheet.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes. You'll know the pie is done once the center is set.
- Allow pie to cool before slicing. Top with whipped cream, decor, and enjoy!
As far as I’m concerned, you can never have too many low carb pumpkin recipes. The holidays just aren’t complete without tasty pumpkin desserts and once you get a load of this low carb pumpkin pie recipe, it’ll inspire you!
Here are some other healthy pumpkin recipes you may want to try during the cold weather months.
- Low Carb Pumpkin Bread – great with a warm pat of butter!
- Low Carb Pumpkin Muffins – awesome pumpkin treat you can eat with your hands.
- Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake – because who doesn’t love cheesecake?
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread – warm, sweet pumpkin flavor you can take with you.
- Pumpkin Smoothie – have your cake and stay on track during the holidays.
This low carb pumpkin pie recipe is one of my favorite holiday treats! The sweet decadent flavor is hard to beat, even for those following a traditional diet.
This low carb pumpkin pie recipe is always a guest at my holiday table and once you try it, I’m pretty sure you’ll invite it too!
Let me know what you think in the comments below, and enjoy!