This sugar free pumpkin spice latte will make you forget all about the $5 sugar-filled version you used to crave…
Seriously, friends, this latte is here to fill you up with all the cozy/fall vibes in just a few short minutes. It’s got the perfect combo of sweet, decadence, and caffeine, making it a fantastic way to slow down in the afternoon or give you a boost to start your day.
‘Tis the season, let’s start!
This sugar free pumpkin spice latte recipe means that I can have a rich creamy coffee drink with all the traditional holiday spice any time I want! And…
- It’s totally delicious. Warm pumpkin spice meets rich creamy flavor. And it’s perfectly sweet.
- SUGAR FREE, and low carb, and keto, and all the good things.
- Ready in 5 minutes. Literally, about the same amount of time, it takes to brew a cup of coffee!
- A fraction of the cost of that coffee shop version.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Tutorial Video
Best Ingredients To Use & Why
The Starbucks pumpkin spice latte is made from coffee, cow’s milk, and sugar. Lots of sugar. I’m talking 50 grams in a medium. Yikes!
So, here are the ingredients we’ll use to switch things up a bit:
Coffee – Use your brand of choice — just make it hot and strong for best results. You can also use a pumpkin spice coffee for even more zest!
Milk – Your favorite low carb milk is fine. I like to use almond milk, but you can use coconut milk, oat milk, or even cow’s milk — keep in mind cow’s milk is high in carbs if you’re eating low carb/keto.
Pumpkin – You’ll need a tablespoon of pumpkin puree. Canned is perfect as long as it’s not pumpkin pie filling (which is loaded with sugar).
Sweetener – I prefer Lakanto or Swerve — they’re both made of erythritol, a sugar alcohol that contains zero-calorie and doesn’t spike blood sugar. Both of these brands can be used as a 1:1 swap with traditional sugar, so if you opt for another sweetener, keep that in mind.
Erythritol my favorite of the keto sweeteners for recipes like this one, but allulose will work well too!
How decadent are you feeling??
I think this sugar free pumpkin spice latte is PERFECT as is, but, if you want to take it up a few notches. Consider serving it with sugar free whipped cream on top.
Maybe a drizzle fo ketp syrup? Maybe with a slice of sugar free pumpkin pie?
You do you.
There are a few ways to tweak this latte recipe for a new flavor twist. Here are a few ideas:
- Turn this into a frap. Pumpkin spice frappuccino?! Yes, please! Simply toss the ingredients in a blender along with some ice — be sure to use COLD coffee here.
- Use a different kind of milk. As mentioned, you can use any sort of milk you prefer here — for bonus points check out my how to make almond milk or how to make coconut milk guides and use those!
- Make this decaf.
- Use espresso instead of coffee. Sub in 1 shot.
Can’t get enough of the flavors this time of year has to offer? ME NEITHER! Here are a few other sugar free pumpkin recipes I love:
Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice LattePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Cup Low Carb Milk I used almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Teaspoon Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below) more if you'd prefer sweeter. Sub for sweetener of choice.
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (OR, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, and a dash of nutmeg) + more for topping!
- 4 Ounces Coffee hot and strong! Sub for 1 espresso shot
- Whipped Cream unsweetened, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, pumpkin puree and erythritol. Heat on medium heat, just to warm and combine ingredients (don’t boil!)
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and coffee.
- Top with whipped cream, a dash of pumpkin pie spice and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes: