When you taste the amazing flavor of this sugar free pumpkin spice latte, low carb drinks will be the furthest thing from your mind! Low carb pumpkin recipes often get overlooked in low carb recipes, but they can inject massive decadence into your low carb Thanksgiving season.
Making this sugar free pumpkin spice latte recipe only takes a couple of short minutes and the rich creamy flavor is worth every single second. It’s a fantastic way to slow down and regroup in the afternoon but you can serve it to wrap up that Thanksgiving feast too.
You’re gonna’ love this!
I love that I no longer have to make that frowny face when I drive past my favorite coffee shop! This sugar free pumpkin spice latte recipe means that I can have a rich creamy coffee drink with all the traditional holiday spice any time I want.
Here are even more reasons to love it:
- Totally low carb
- Warm pumpkin spice
- Rich creamy flavor
- Ready in 5 minutes
- Better than the coffee shop version!
You can make this incredible sugar free pumpkin spice latte recipe in the blink of an eye. It can literally be ready in the time it takes to make a cup of coffee!
This sugar free pumpkin spice latte recipe only requires a few simple ingredients, most of which you probably already have. This is one of my favorite healthy pumpkin recipes because I can enjoy it all season long without remorse or regret.
Plus, I save $5 every time I drive by the coffee shop and don’t stop! Here’s what you need to make it:
Coffee – Use the brand of your choice. Just make it hot and strong for best results.
Milk – Your favorite low carb milk is fine. I like to use almond milk, but you can use coconut milk, oat milk or even just cow’s milk (although cow’s milk is high in carbs!).
Pumpkin – You’ll need a tablespoon of pumpkin puree. Canned is perfect as long as it’s not pumpkin pie filling.
Spice – This sugar free pumpkin spice latte recipe calls for a little vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. I try to avoid imitation vanilla because all I can taste is the alcohol and it kind of messes up the flavor of the latte in my opinion.
Also, if you don’t have pumpkin pie spice on hand you can use cinnamon and nutmeg instead.
Whipped Cream – The whipped cream is totally optional, but it makes this latte oh-so decadent. Of course, I use unsweetened whipped cream.
Tools To Make
Making this sugar free pumpkin spice latte recipe is so easy and it only requires a couple of simple tools. Nothing crazy – no sink full of dirty dishes. (Yay!)
Here’s what you need:
- Small saucepan – for heating ingredients
- Coffee maker – to brew some coffee
See? Easy, peesy!
If you happen to make more than you can drink in a sitting, this latte can be stored in the fridge in a covered container or mason jar. Keep in mind that some separation is natural, and you’ll need to stir it when you reheat it.
Can You Freeze This?
This sugar free pumpkin spice latte recipe is best enjoyed fresh but technically it can be frozen. If freezing is a must, you may want to heat everything BUT the coffee and freeze it in single serve portions.
When you’re ready to enjoy your pumpkin spice latte, thaw out your ingredients and brew some fresh coffee.
Meal Prepping Tips
Want to enjoy this pumpkin spice latte every morning throughout the season?
I suggest making the coffee fresh every morning. But you can absolutely stash a jar of the other ingredients mixed together in your fridge! That way it’s a brew, heat and pour kind of situation.
The rich creamy flavor of this pumpkin spice latte is bold enough to stand on its own but it’s also fantastic with a piece of low carb pumpkin bread. In fact, I can’t think of a better afternoon snack during the holiday season (unless you throw a piece of low carb pumpkin cheesecake in the mix!).
There are a few ways you can tweak this latte recipe for a new flavor twist. Here are a couple of tasty healthy drinks suggestions:
- Use different kind of milk. Part of the beauty of this latte recipe is its flexibility. I prefer to use almond milk, but you can use your favorite low carb milk for this recipe. Any of them will work just fine.
- Use espresso instead of coffee. Espresso is the best way to enjoy this sugar free pumpkin spice latte, although most of us don’t have an espresso maker. Just substitute espresso for the coffee!
- Make this decaf. If caffeine doesn’t always agree with you, you can totally make this with decaf coffee. That way you still get to enjoy the warm rich holiday flavor without the effects of caffeine.
Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice LattePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Cup Low Carb Milk I used almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Teaspoon Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below) more if you'd prefer sweeter. Sub for sweetener of choice.
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (OR, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, and a dash of nutmeg) + more for topping!
- 4 Ounces Coffee hot and strong! Sub for 1 espresso shot
- Whipped Cream unsweetened, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, pumpkin puree and erythritol. Heat on medium heat, just to warm and combine ingredients (don’t boil!)
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and coffee.
- Top with whipped cream, a dash of pumpkin pie spice and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Enjoying low carb pumpkin recipes means the flavors of the holiday season are no longer off limits. You don’t have to destroy your meal plan or throw your nutritional goals out the window to enjoy the traditional pumpkin flavors of the season.
Here are some other healthy pumpkin recipes you may enjoy:
- Pumpkin Soup – Warm velvety pumpkin love in a bowl.
- Low Carb Pumpkin Pie – Traditional pumpkin pie flavor without the carbs.
- Pumpkin Smoothie – Rich creamy dessert or meal replacement to stay on track during the holidays.
- Low Carb Pumpkin Muffins – Sweet decadence with warm pumpkin undertones.
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread – Bakes up light and fluffy. Also goes great with this latte!
This sugar free pumpkin spice latte recipe is one of my favorite holiday recipes. It’s the stuff holiday fantasies are made of and it only takes a couple of minutes to throw together.
The rich warm decadence makes an awesome afternoon pick-me-up. When you’re having one of those crazy busy days that leaves you a little frazzled, take a moment to reset and regroup with a latte!
Let me know what you think in the comments below. Cheers!