Autumn is the perfect time to squeeze low carb pumpkin recipes into every meal, and this low carb pumpkin muffins recipe is the perfect example of how decadent low carb recipes can be!
Pillowy, sweet and just the right amount of crumble, this recipe is ready to make your low carb thanksgiving unforgettable!!
This low carb pumpkin muffins recipe is an absolutely amazing treat to have with coffee, as an after-dinner treat or a midday snack – the first (and in my opinion one of the BEST) of many low carb muffins with pumpkin to come this season! Are you ready to FALL in love?? Let’s start!
This low carb pumpkin muffins recipe is absolutely perfect for a quick fall snack:
- Ready in under 30 minutes! Less, if you don’t wait for them to cool before eating, ha!
- That sweet pumpkiny flavor we crave this time of year in a gluten free, low carb baked goodie!
- Ingredients you probably already have, minus the pumpkin. But it’s time to stock up – fall is here!
These tasty pumpkin treats come together super fast and easily!
Here’s everything you need for this low carb pumpkin muffins recipe:
Almond flour – When making these almond flour pumpkin muffins, make sure you use a fine or extra-fine ground version. You want to make sure that these muffins stay fluffy and soft. (My favorite brands for this are Trader Joe’s and Bob’s Red Mill!)
Coconut flour – this low carb flour is packed with fiber and protein. Combining it with almond flour gives the best texture for this recipe.
Pumpkin puree – you can make your own at home, but it’s quite a project. I always use canned pumpkin puree for my healthy pumpkin recipes– just be sure to grab pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie mix, that has a lot of added sugar and other ingredients.
Erythritol – the secret to these tasty muffins is in this plant derived sweetener. It’s just as sweet as sugar but it doesn’t affect blood sugar levels and has zero calories!
Tools To Make
All you need for this recipe are the classics – bowl, whisk, muffin pan.
Store this scrumptious low carb pumpkin muffins recipe in a airtight container, in the fridge.
I like to warm mine back up, if I have a minute. Pop one in the toaster oven or wrap it in a paper towel and toss it in the microwave. Mmmmmm, just like they were freshly baked!
Can You Freeze Them?
You can absolutely freeze this crumbly and satisfying low carb pumpkin muffins recipe! Just wrap them in a freezer bag or other airtight container and store until you’re ready to have a little bite!
Meal Prepping Tips
This low carb pumpkin muffins recipe makes for a great healthy breakfast on the go. Keep them in an airtight container to store, then pair one with a hard boiled egg or some jerky for a balanced breakfast or snack!
Looking for some variety in your low carb muffin adventures?? Check these out!
Can I Mix In More Fruit?
I LOVE any opportunity to mix some low carb fruits into my recipes, and this recipe is a perfect opportunity to do so! Berries are your lowest carb choice, toss a handful of your favorites into your low carb pumpkin muffins recipe!
If you aren’t sure you’ll love the berry and pumpkin combo, opt for these low carb blueberry muffins instead!
Psst — looking for more fruit-based muffins? Check out these melt in your mouth low carb banana muffins!
Would These Make a Good Low Carb Breakfast?
This low carb pumpkin muffins recipe is great for meal prep. Half an hour of baking and you’re good for a week or moreee!
I like to enjoy these as low carb breakfast muffins alongside a cup of coffee and some bacon or eggs to round out the meal.
Psst — looking for a protein-packed low carb muffin for breakfast? Check out these egg muffins, loaded with healthy fats, and TONS of protein!
Can I Simplify These Muffins?
Sometimes, you just want something easy to go with your coffee… Simply use this recipe as a base and skip the pumpkin pie spice and erythritol for extremely moist and delicious low carb English muffins! (or check out my recipe for a more traditional variation).
Low Carb Pumpkin MuffinsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Erythritol granular
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Tablespoons Butter melted
- Preheat oven to 425 F, and prepare a muffin pin with liners.
- Add topping ingredients to a small bowl and mix to combine. Set bowl aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, pumpkin puree, butter, vanilla and combine using an electric mixer.
- In a second bowl, add almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Cook for 15-25 minutes (cut into one to make sure they're cooked through after it cools for 10 minutes). Enjoy!
Look for more low carb pumpkin recipes to enjoy this season? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Low Carb Pumpkin Pie. No Thanksgiving would be complete without it!
- Low Carb Pumpkin Bread. Similar to this recipe, yet in fluffy loaf form (and covered in cream cheese frosting!!).
- Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake. Say. No. Moreeee.
- Pumpkin Soup. For when you’re craving pumpkin without the sweet.
- Pumpkin Smoothie. Think pumpkin pie that you can eat for breakfast!
Does this low carb pumpkin muffin recipe satisfy your cravings for pumpkin spice?? Comment below if you’ll make them for every day or if you have a special event in mind! I hope you enjoyyy!