For me, sweet breads are a breakfast staple, so I’m understandably obsessed with these delicious low carb blueberry muffins.
Slight hints of lemon really make the blueberries sing in this low carb bread, and each bite totally melts in your mouth!
These low carb muffins are the perfect pair for a latte or some breakfast tea, and they’re so quick and easy they work well for brunch, too. A smart combo of flours make these blueberry muffins so fluffy, no one will even guess they’re one of your low carb recipes!
Low carb breakfast – you just got an upgrade!! Let’s bake!
These low carb blueberry muffins taste absolutely heavenly, plus:
- Easy to find ingredients and basic techniques!
- In just one hour, you’ll have warm, fluffy perfect muffins!
- All the luscious flavors and textures we adore in muffins – without the carbs!
These easy-to-make, healthy blueberry muffins are ready in 1, 2, 3!
Most of these ingredients are familiar, especially if you’ve been cooking low carb for a while. If not, meet some new friends!
Almond flour – this gluten-free flour is made from blanched and ground almonds. It’s an amazing alternative flour that comes in a variety of fineness – for fluffy, baked goods like these almond flour blueberry muffins, you’ll want the finest flour you can get your hands on.
Psyllium husk – is a lifesaver when it comes to low carb baking. This is because almond flour is significantly more dense than wheat flour and doesn’t have the same binding capabilities — this is where psyllium husk comes in. It’s the glue holding everything together while adding fluff and making our muffins more breadlike!
I only use NOW psyllium husk — other products can turn your baked goods a blue-ish purple!
Erythritol – To sweeten up these muffins! Feel free to swap with allulose, or whatever low carb sweetener you prefer.
Blueberries – are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber! They’re a classic breakfast fruit because of their sweet, tart flavor that’s worth waking up for!
Tools To Make
These basic tools will make these low carb blueberry muffins a breeze!
- Whisk – I use this multi-looped cooking tool to really beat some air into the eggs. Don’t have one? You can use a hand mixer, or a fork to fluff the eggs up!
- Muffin pan + liners – don’t have liners? Use cooking spray!
You’ll want to keep these low carb breakfast muffins on hand so they’re easy to find on an early morning, but maybe not TOO easy or they will all be gone in a day. Store these healthy snacks in an airtight container on the counter or in the fridge.
Can You Freeze These?
Freezing these low carb snacks is an easy way to meal prep for a busy week and help them last a little longer. Thaw in the fridge or pop in the microwave or toaster oven to warm up!
At the risk of tempting you to eat this entire recipe at once, I’ll say that you HAVE to try these warm. Fresh from the oven or toaster with a schmear of low carb frosting or cream cheese? Heavenly!!!
If you want a recommendation, I’d point you to this luscious low carb cream cheese frosting.
This recipe is so tasty and versatile, there are lots of ways to customize it! Read on for some tips!
Can I Turn This Into Low Carb Blueberry Bread?
Totally! Turn this into a low carb blueberry bread by pouring it into a greased 8″ bread pan and baking it in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes.
It’s one of my favorite almond flour bread recipes to slice up and serve with some cream cheese on top. OR! Use it as a low carb sandwich bread with some low carb peanut butter in between the slices. It’s just as fluffy as soul bread, but I prefer the taste/texture!
How Can I Make These Healthier?
Do you know what’s great? These low carb blueberry muffins are already one of the best healthy recipes! Packed with good for you blueberries and low in carbs – these are a great way to start the day or to enjoy as a healthy snack.
When done correctly, sweet breads can be super healthy, just check out these antioxidant-packed low carb pumpkin muffins, or this low carb zucchini bread that is loaded with sneaky veggies!
What I Use Different Fruits?
This yummy breakfast bread is definitely flexible. Try swapping blueberries out for raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries (all of which are even lower in carbs than blueberries!)
You could also add in some low carb white chocolate chips for added decadence!
Looking for some other fruity breads? Try my classic low carb banana muffins or rich low carb pumpkin bread.
What Are Some Topping Ideas?
In addition to the streusel topping, homemade whipped butter or low carb frosting are both amazing options for topping these sweet low carb blueberry muffins. You can also try the icing in these cream cheese pancakes for something extra special!
Low Carb Blueberry MuffinsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a muffin tin pan with muffin liners.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the almond milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and butter.
- Add the dry ingredients. Combine using the electric mixer, occasionally scraping down the sides to fully incorporate everything.
- Stir in the blueberries and lemon zest (if using) with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over each of the muffins, and gently press to adhere. If you aren't using the topping, you'll want to use damp fingers to smooth the top of each muffin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!
Inspired by these low carb blueberry muffins?? There are endless healthy breakfast options just waiting to help you start your day! Check these out!
- Almond Flour Waffles. Crisp + fluffy in all the right places!
- Egg Muffins. Breakfast meal prep made EASY!
- Almond Flour Biscuits. Buttery and flakey, just like the traditional kind.
- Low Carb Breakfast Casserole. Another great meal prep or party dish.
- Almond Flour Pancakes. Your weekends just got WAY more exciting!
Can you believe how light and fluffy these low carb blueberry muffins are? Tell me what you think of this recipe in the comments!