Waking up is hard, so when I want a week of easy, breezy mornings I whip up a batch of these low carb breakfast muffins.
This low carb recipes both easy and delicious, making it one of my very favorites!
The combo of salty bacon with creamy eggs makes the perfect low carb breakfast. 4 ingredients, 1 pan, 30 minutes – this is the dreamiest of healthy recipes, and the flavor is out of this world!
You’ll be whipping up another batch of low carb muffins before you’re even finished with the first!
Let’s get started!
These low carb breakfast muffins have all of my favorite morning flavors in one easy bite!
- Ready in half an hour!
- 4 simple, inexpensive ingredients!
- A quick breakfast that is super satisfying and great for meal prep!
- One, count ’em ONE pan!!
These egg muffins come together almost effortlessly. Here are a few tips to make it super speedy!
These easy muffins are made with absolutely quintessential breakfast ingredients:
Eggs – Eggs are the perfect low carb food, packed with protein, nutrients, and almost no net carbs. You’ll need 1 dozen eggs for these low carb breakfast muffins.
Bacon – I line the bottom of these easy egg muffins with slices of thick, salty bacon. Make sure to check the label at the store, and beware of anything that says “brown sugar” or “maple.” Those versions are often stuffed with sneaky carbs.
Cheese – I use shredded cheddar in this dish but you can use any type of cheese you want!
Tools To Make
You just need 1 basic tool and I’m sure you have it – a muffin tin! We’ll use a basic 12 cup muffin tin to bake these simple breakfast muffins in perfectly portioned bites!
Store these flavorful low carb breakfast muffins in an airtight container in the fridge. You can eat them cold, or warm them up – the choice is yours!
Can You Freeze Them?
Yes! This easy egg muffins recipe is a perfect candidate for baking and freezing. After they’re cool, simply store them in an airtight bag or container in the freezer.
Take a few out to thaw the night before, or take them straight from freezer to toaster oven for a warm breakfast in no time! You can also warm them in the microwave or oven.
These low carb breakfast muffins are super versatile, with creamy, salty flavors that are easy to complement!
Want to shake up the recipe on these low carb breakfast muffins? Check out my tips!
- Turn this into a low carb breakfast casserole buy lining a 9″ pie pan with bacon, the adding whisked eggs and cheese to the center.
- Add some veggies! My favorite subtle low carb veggies are spinach and kale — you’ll just want to cook the water out of them before adding them in (check out my crustless spinach quiche or my kale quiche for tips).
- Swap the bacon for another type of meat, such as prosciutto, shaved chicken, or roast beef.
- Add some HEAT… by mixing in your favorite spices. Or top them with your favorite hot sauce.
- Get fancy with your cheese. Try swiss like in my low carb quiche or mozzarella like in this crustless quiche Lorraine!
I know you’ll be addicted to these scrumptious low carb breakfast muffins. Looking for more low carb breakfast options?? Read more here:
Low Carb Breakfast MuffinsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 12 Slices Bacon
- 12 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Coil a piece of bacon along the bottom and up the sides of each muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Carefully remove excess grease from the pan. You can do this by dabbing each muffin with paper towels (once it is cool enough to handle), or use a second muffin tin pan, and dab your bacon when swapping it to the second pan. If using the second pan, be sure to spray each tin with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the bacon with cheese.
- Crack an egg into each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for another 10-12 minutes, or until the eggs are set in the center to your liking. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Nutritional information is based on 1 if you make 12 egg muffin cups.