I’m telling you now, friend, there’s not a healthy breakfast more heavenly or more decadent than this crustless spinach quiche. Rich and creamy, with touches of onion, garlic and mozzarella…
This is one of those low carb recipes that I completely forget is low carb.
This crustless spinach quiche is PROOF that healthy recipes can be just as mouthwatering as their carby counterparts, and this dish makes an amazing low carb breakfast (or lunch, or snack!).
Plus, its so fast AND completed painless to throw together!So, grab a pie plate, and let’s get started!!
While incredibly good-looking, this crustless spinach quiche is more than just a pretty dish!
- It comes together in under an hour (and most of that is hands free baking time!!)
- Utilizes ingredients that you’ll almost always have on hand
- It’s easy to customize if you have a craving or some leftover veggies you want to use up
This dish is easy as pie (or quiche, ha!). Make this crustless spinach quiche just once and you’ll find that quiches are a great meal for any occasion!!
Heavy cream: Make sure you get heavy cream or heavy whipping cream for this dish, it whips up nice and thick to give it that velvety texture. In a pinch, you can also use equal parts low carb greek yogurt and milk.
Tools To Make
The only special tool you’ll need for this dish is a pie pan. You can get recyclable aluminum ones, or reusable metal or glass ones.
Don’t try making this dish in a quiche/tart pan! The removable bottom doesn’t work with crustless quiche recipes.
This crustless spinach quiche makes 8 servings, so unless you’re serving a big crew, you’ll probably have some left over.
I move my quiche to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge. When ready to eat, I reheat it in the microwave at 50% power for 1-2 minutes (check your microwave) but one of the most amazing things about quiche is that its absolutely DELICIOUS cold.
Can You Freeze This?
Freeze this crustless spinach quiche after baking by slicing it up, popping it onto a tray and freezing it. Once frozen, move it to a freezer bag for long term (up to 3 months). I like to freeze individual slices for portioned out freezer meals.
Reheat the quiche from frozen by baking it on a tray for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Meal Prepping Tips
This easy spinach quiche is great for meal prepping. I keep it portioned out in the fridge, and I have 8 meals ready to go!
This quick crustless quiche can also be baked and frozen as a whole or in slices, for low carb meals on hand at a moments notice!
This crustless quiche is endlessly customizable. I love adding all sorts of low carb veggies and seasonings for lots of different healthy and delicious low carb meal options.
Can I Add Broccoli?
One of things about the cheesy goodness that is quiche is that it makes a great backdrop for all sorts of vegetables! If you run out of spinach, try out this crustless broccoli quiche for a healthy quiche that’s loaded with creamy deliciousness AND high in vitamin K and potassium! Win!
Can I Add Asparagus?
For another fun spin on this low carb dish, serve up this crustless asparagus quiche! The crunchy, slight-sweetness of the asparagus is amazing against the salty cheese and makes for a nutrient packed, low carb meal, for breakfast, lunch or whenever!
How Can I Add Meat?
This crustless spinach quiche is super duper decadent, but when I really want to amp up the wow factor, I go for a crustless quiche lorraine. Take all the velvety flavors of quiche, add in some salty bacon and warm nutmeg, and VOILA!
This variation is unforgettable and is one I make over and over again!
Can I Make Smaller Portions?
The serving guidelines for this crustless spinach quiche are as follows: slice into 8 slices, and 1 slice = 1 serving.
If you just don’t need the extra seven slices, or don’t want to be tempted by having them around, ( I FEEL you, friend), then make a crustless mini quiche! Serving is one and done, or make a few and freeze them for another time.
Crustless Spinach QuichePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 10 Ounces Spinach fresh
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Heat oven to 375° and grease a 9” pie pan (quiche/tart pan won’t work for this crustless quiche).
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add chopped onion and cook until softened.
- Add garlic, and cook for an additional minute—stirring constantly.
- Add spinach to skillet. You may need to do this in batches depending on your pan size; when the spinach releases water, there’ll be more room in your skillet. Turn spinach using tongs until all of it is wilted.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and crushed red pepper.
- Place veggies evenly into the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs heavy cream and remaining salt until combined. Stir in the mozzarella.
- Make sure the veggies in the prepared pan aren’t too hot. Then pour the contents of bowl into the pie dish over veggies.
- Bake quiche for 20-25 minutes. The quiche is done when the edges begin to brown and the center is firm.
- Allow the quiche to cool for 10 minutes before cutting and enjoy!
Can’t get enough quiche? Me neither! Which is why I’ve worked up a plethora of quiche recipes worth testing out:
This crustless spinach quiche is a delectable and healthy recipe that tastes incredible hot or cold, any time of day.
Comment below and let me know your favorite time to eat it! Enjoy!