I’m telling you now, friend, there’s not a crustless quiche more heavenly or decadent than this crustless spinach quiche. Rich and creamy, with touches of onion, garlic, and mozzarella…
This is one of those low carb quiche recipes that I completely forget is low carb. Equally delightful as a spinach quiche and broccoli quiche, just less work and fewer carbs!
This quiche makes an amazing breakfast (or lunch, or dinner, or snack!).
Plus, it’s so fast AND completed painless to throw together. So, grab a pie pan, let’s bake!!
Looking for more keto breakfast? Check out my keto quiche, coconut flour pancakes, or my keto egg muffins.
What I Love About This Crustless Spinach Quiche Recipe
While incredibly good-looking, this crustless spinach quiche is more than just a pretty low carb breakfast dish! Here’s what to expect:
- CHEEEEESY. CREAMY.
- 15-min prep
- Ready in under 1 hr
- Low carb
- Perfect for meal prep!
On your phone? Check out my web story here.
Tips + Tricks
Not much to this EASY quiche recipe! Here are a few tips to ensure maximum deliciousness:
- Use a pie pan! Maybe obvious, but, a quiche pan won’t work here, as our crustless quiche ingredients will leak out at the removable seam of a quiche/tart pan.
- Make a double batch easily by doubling the ingredients, and pouring you egg quiche into a 9×13″ pan.
- Cook the spinach until it’s nice and wilted, this will ensure all the liquid has been cooked out and will prevent it from watering down the quiche.
Can You Freeze This?
You better believe it! Freeze this crustless spinach quiche after baking by slicing it up, popping it onto a tray, and freezing it. Once frozen, move your slices to a freezer bag (this prevents them from sticking together).
I like to freeze individual slices for portioned out freezer meals.
This crustless quiche is endlessly customizable. I love adding all sorts of veggies, seasonings, maybe even some bacon/pancetta/sausage to spice up my meal plan. Here are some ideas for you:
- Make smaller portions. Whip up the filling, and pour it into a greased muffin tin pan for portioned out egg muffins.
- Add some meat, like salty bacon, diced ham, or pancetta. Just cook first!
- Swap the vegetables. Broccoli, kale, leeks, mushrooms, zucchini, asparagus, whatever you have and love.
More Breakfast Recipes
Crustless Spinach QuichePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Mild Tasting Oil (see notes below)
- 2 Cups Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 10 Ounces Spinach fresh
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Prep. Heat oven to 375 F and grease a 9” pie pan.
- Cook veggies. Add oil (2 tablespoons) to a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion (2 cups) and cook until translucent - about 8 minutes. Add minced garlic (2 cloves), and cook until fragrant - 1-2 minutes. Add spinach (10 ounces) in batches. As the spinach wilts and releases it's liquid, you'll be able to add more. Add salt (1/2 teaspoon) and crushed red pepper (1/4 teaspoon). Set veggies aside and allow them to cool slightly.
- Assemble. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs (6 large size), heavy cream (1/4 cup), and remaining salt. Stir in the shredded mozzarella (1 1/2 cups ) and veggies. Pour contents into the prepared pie pan.
- Bake + enjoy! Bake quiche for 20-25 minutes. The quiche is done once the edges begin to brown and the center is firm. Allow the quiche to cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Then DIG ON IN!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Mild Tasting Oil. You want an oil with a high smoke point and mild flavor -- think avocado, vegetable, safflower, sunflower, peanut. Skip EVOO, coconut, or sesame oil.
- Spinach. You can swap the fresh for 10 oz frozen spinach -- Just be sure to thaw and thoroughly drain the spinach before adding it in (you want to remove as much liquid as possible).
- Nutritional information is based on 1 slice, if you slice this quiche into 8 slices: