A delightful twist to your breakfast routine, this mushroom frittata comes together quickly, easily, and is perfect for meal prep. Sautéed mushrooms, creamy eggs, savory herbs, and salty parm are meant to be together, and this frittata is here to prove it.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
A few veggies, simple seasoning, and of course parmesan create a flavorful egg dish in no time. Here’s what you’ll need, and a few notes to keep in mind:
- Green onions
Potential Swaps + Subs
Frittatas are easy to tweak to your taste or veggie drawer, here are some ways to do so:
- More/different veggies – Saute and mix in what you’re craving. Keep in mind, if you add too many veggies, your pan will overfill. I recommend substituting rather than adding, onions, zucchini frittata, asparagus, or spinach frittata are all great options.
- Add some protein – smokey bacon or pancetta would work so well with the mushrooms, although we love using smoked salmon (ala salmon frittata).
- How about an egg white frittata? Egg whites can absolutely be used instead of whole eggs.
How to Make Mushroom Frittata
For this mushroom frittata to stay fluffy, and release from the pan easily, follow these step-by-step tricks:
1 – Saute mushrooms in oil.
2 – Mix in the green onions.
3 – Mix the eggs, milk, and spices.
4 – Add to the veggie pan, and lift the veggies so the eggs are able to run underneath.
5 – Reduce heat to low and add a lid. Continue to cook until the frittata is almost entirely set, except in the center.
6 – Finish the frittata under the broiler for a few minutes.
What to Serve with Frittatas?
We love to serve this mushroom frittata on its own for a low carb breakfast, or with a slice of buttered toast. It goes great with fresh fruit as well!
More Breakfast Recipes
- Crustless Zucchini Quiche
- Egg Salad
- Avocado Deviled Eggs
- Crustless Asparagus Quiche
- Best Deviled Eggs Recipe
Mushroom FrittataPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces white mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk whole fat
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Whisk the eggs, milk, parmesan, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper together.
- Heat oil in a 10-12" oven safe skillet over medium heat. Once shimmering, add the mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Saute until tender about 8-10 minutes. Add the green onions and toss to combine.
- Spread the veggies in an even layer along the bottom of your pan. With the heat still on medium, pour the egg combo over the veggies. Use a spatula to lift the veggies along the bottom and sides of the pan, allowing eggs to run below them.
- Reduce the heat of your pan to low, and place a lid on top. Continue to cook for 11-14 minutes, or until the frittata has set around the edges, the very center should still jiggle slightly.
- Turn your oven broiler on, and set the top rack so that it's 10" from the bottom of your broiler. Broil the frittata until the center is set and the top is golden, about 3-4 minutes.